Running Thread of Break Updates

Any information from the Steward
Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Karl Smythe
Hall of Fame

Re: Running Thread of Break Updates

Post by Karl Smythe »

-An addendum to leasing a mare has been made that makes it so you HAVE to breed the mare if she is leased to you, or the mare returns and is unable to be bred for the rest of the year. That is for all you shenanigany sneakers out there.
I had one returned to me by the lessee (not able to breed according to money) and one returned due to a new player leasing and leaving.
Do we message you should this happen or do we let the mare go unbred in the future?
Is the glass half full? or half empty?
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

Jon Smythe wrote:
-An addendum to leasing a mare has been made that makes it so you HAVE to breed the mare if she is leased to you, or the mare returns and is unable to be bred for the rest of the year. That is for all you shenanigany sneakers out there.
I had one returned to me by the lessee (not able to breed according to money) and one returned due to a new player leasing and leaving.
Do we message you should this happen or do we let the mare go unbred in the future?
You can message me and I will examine the situation. If it looks legit I'll let the mare be bred.
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Paul Heinrich
Hall of Fame

Post by Paul Heinrich »

Shenanigany will be a great foal name!
"They're not going to kick me out." - Tim Matthews
Regina Moore
Hall of Fame

Post by Regina Moore »

Call me clueless as to how someone leasing a mare, and then not breeding it, is advantageous to the lessor or the lessee.
Paul Heinrich
Hall of Fame

Post by Paul Heinrich »

Regina Moore wrote:Call me clueless as to how someone leasing a mare, and then not breeding it, is advantageous to the lessor or the lessee.
Putting on my villain cap, I can imagine if one has "shadow" accounts, you could lease a mare for a certain $ amount to a "shadow" account, collect the fee, then at the end of the year when the mare is returned unbred for whatever reason, also have the breeding season (plus the money).
"They're not going to kick me out." - Tim Matthews
J K Rowling
Eclipse Champion

Post by J K Rowling »

Paul Heinrich wrote:
Regina Moore wrote:Call me clueless as to how someone leasing a mare, and then not breeding it, is advantageous to the lessor or the lessee.
Putting on my villain cap, I can imagine if one has "shadow" accounts, you could lease a mare for a certain $ amount to a "shadow" account, collect the fee, then at the end of the year when the mare is returned unbred for whatever reason, also have the breeding season (plus the money).
I feel like it would be a better idea to leave these types of loopholes open (and all the past ones Em closed) and let the dirty cheaters feel the wrath of the ban hammer.
"The way I look at it, I'm not meeting anyone better than Julie K... so what am I missing?"

The Sim: Where the horses are made up and cheating doesn't matter.
Melissa Mae
Hall of Fame

Post by Melissa Mae »

Paul Heinrich wrote:
This is why I'd fail as a SIM cheater, I'd never think of something like that.
Marzy Dotes
Hall of Fame

Post by Marzy Dotes »

i had that happen, where i won a mare in a lease auction and couldn't breed her on time this year. lots of reasons why that can happen inc real life. wish it didn't but stuff happens and it comes first.

i apologized to the owner who's a really nice player and understood. no, not a dirty cheater nor shenanigist and i wouldn't judge someone as that w/o facts specific to the individual situation. that might be what happens much more often than actual cheating, real life things that others might not know about esp with newer players.

The admins here do the best with difficult situations so i'd report it and document suspicions. i've turned in cheaters in other areas but also cleared people who were accused of it, inc sometimes when lumped in w/ others. i've learned i'd rather be wrong about a person not cheating (who was) than vice versa.

anyway to the admins, thanks for the updates and all the hard work!
"Fools live to regret their words, wise men to regret their silence."

---Author, Will Henr

"All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing."

---Edmund Burke
Three Crowns Racing
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Three Crowns Racing »

I ended up sending a mare back without breeding too, I did notify the owner of my reasons so he/she could either lease her again or breed her if wanted. I picked her up cheap in an auction but the fee for the sire I was going to send her to jumped up between my bid and the end of the auction. I decided I did not want to pay the stud fee and didn't see another sire I liked for the price I was willing to spend on her, so I just sent her back.
Amy Bahama
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Amy Bahama »

Iron City Louisiana

Home to many quality stallions to meet all your racing needs for a reasonable fee.
Lisa Strummer
Hall of Fame

Post by Lisa Strummer »

Melissa Mae wrote:
Paul Heinrich wrote:
This is why I'd fail as a SIM cheater, I'd never think of something like that.

I must have a criminal mind because I had thought of it when the lease option became available, but couldn't be bothered to go through all the work to set up bogus accounts to do it. First, I respect the game, the staff and the players (most of them) too much to do something like that. And secondly, I have a life and not enough time to sit around conjuring ways to cheat at a GAME (a game that ultimately you can't really "win") I play in my spare time.
That's my new motto: Don't quit, just shut up.-Bryan Doolittle
Lisa Strummer
Hall of Fame

Post by Lisa Strummer »

Marzy Dotes wrote:i had that happen, where i won a mare in a lease auction and couldn't breed her on time this year. lots of reasons why that can happen inc real life. wish it didn't but stuff happens and it comes first.

i apologized to the owner who's a really nice player and understood. no, not a dirty cheater nor shenanigist and i wouldn't judge someone as that w/o facts specific to the individual situation. that might be what happens much more often than actual cheating, real life things that others might not know about esp with newer players.

The admins here do the best with difficult situations so i'd report it and document suspicions. i've turned in cheaters in other areas but also cleared people who were accused of it, inc sometimes when lumped in w/ others. i've learned i'd rather be wrong about a person not cheating (who was) than vice versa.

anyway to the admins, thanks for the updates and all the hard work!
I know that I don't pay to lease a mare that I don't REALLY want a foal from. I may wait until later in the year to breed her, but I WILL get to her. Things do happen in real life, and for instances like you posted above, Em stated somewhere in this thread, that it's possible if you message her, and the situation is LEGIT, an exception could possibly be made. I'm sure Em will correct me if I'm wrong.

I think most people make leased mares a priority to get done, and although this new policy will sometimes penalize honest people, it's more important to me to prevent the LAME people that have nothing better to do than cheat to momentarily get ahead in a game.
That's my new motto: Don't quit, just shut up.-Bryan Doolittle
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

bump!
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Kyasuriin Matsumoto
Hall of Fame

Post by Kyasuriin Matsumoto »

I know I've asked this tons, but can we pretty please get a comment of "At Auction" (maybe "Auction Pending" too) to show up in the INFO line in each barn (not just on a horse's individual page). I constantly open up horses to enter them, and it turns out they are at auction. Thanks!
Gateway Farms
Louise Bayou
Hall of Fame

Post by Louise Bayou »

Kyasuriin Matsumoto wrote:I know I've asked this tons, but can we pretty please get a comment of "At Auction" (maybe "Auction Pending" too) to show up in the INFO line in each barn (not just on a horse's individual page). I constantly open up horses to enter them, and it turns out they are at auction. Thanks!
I've asked for this as well! It is so annoying!!!!
“It’s like I’m driving a Mac truck with the speed of a Porsche and the brain of a rocket scientist,” Gary Stevens on Beholder