Southwestern Heat

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Mandy Saunders
Eclipse Champion

Post by Mandy Saunders »

Check him out...finally, he breaks his maiden, at his mom's favorite track!

<a href='http://www.turfangels.com/gallery/view_ ... e=album570' target='_blank'>http://www.turfangels.com/gallery/view_ ... lbum570</a>
~ Mandy ~

Click here to visit The Stallions of Lakeside!

Last updated: Year 26, Break - Wow, it's been awhile, I need to get on that, lol

RIP Shelly & June...I will love you, always.
Nikki Everdeen
Hall of Fame

Post by Nikki Everdeen »

Awwwwwwwwwwwww!!!! YAY! I have a soft spot for him, because I took care of him and his mother when they were at ClassicStar way back when I still lived in Kentucky. He was actually the very first foal I was allowed to turn out on my own!

...Now I'm sad, because for some reason I deleted my picture from the Internet of him from when he was a baby. I'm guessing a lot of you have already seen it, but I thought I'd share it. If anyone actually does want me to re-post pictures of him and mama from back then, I can do so at some point.

Anyway, YAY SOUTHWESTERN HEAT!
Inspiration Stud
Standing quality Appaloosas, Arabians, Paints, Quarter Horses, and Thoroughbreds
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

I met Xtra Heat for the first time when she was in foal with him, then went to meet her and her new baby (Dave went too!) when he was only a few weeks (three?) old.
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Nikki Everdeen
Hall of Fame

Post by Nikki Everdeen »

The Steward wrote: I met Xtra Heat for the first time when she was in foal with him, then went to meet her and her new baby (Dave went too!) when he was only a few weeks (three?) old.
They were both sweethearts! Although...I have to say, we weren't allowed to use a twitch on her when the vet would come because she'd freak, apparently. And there was no mane pulling allowed either. Silly girl!
Inspiration Stud
Standing quality Appaloosas, Arabians, Paints, Quarter Horses, and Thoroughbreds
Ali Weasley
Hall of Fame

Post by Ali Weasley »

Awww, I knew him during my internship at Taylor Made. He was in my division, but a different barn so I didn't work with him, but I saw him quite often. He was such a tank back then (still kinda is :P )

I remember very clearly Frank Taylor's comment when they brought him out to show:
"Doesn't he just look fast?"

Yes, why yes he does. Especially 13 lengths ahead at the wire.
Amy Alyssa
Turf Router

Post by Amy Alyssa »

So excited - it was such a "wow" moment when I (we - Nikki and Jackie) met her!
Amy Alyssa
Vet School + The Sim = ?
Nikki Everdeen
Hall of Fame

Post by Nikki Everdeen »

AmyAlyssa wrote: So excited - it was such a "wow" moment when I (we - Nikki and Jackie) met her!
I'd forgotten about that!!! We were freaking out. She's such an awesome mare.
Inspiration Stud
Josh Dutzy
Classic Contender

Post by Josh Dutzy »

His half brother by Storm Cat is selling at Keeneland April 17th...Hip 113 I believe.....
Emily Mitchell
Hall of Fame

Post by Emily Mitchell »

He won again! By 3 3/4 lengths!

On the same day as the Xtra Heat stakes at Pimlico!

Rock on!
RIVERSTONE FARM ~ Home of Champions ~ Farms in Kentucky, Germany, and Japan ~
Mandy Saunders
Eclipse Champion

Post by Mandy Saunders »

And a horse I work with, Your Flame In Me (aka Flamer), won the Xtra Heat Stakes, so really good day.

AND my "Redfilly", the filly I've been talking about for weeks, broke her maiden in her first start today...easily.

Sad part is, my anniversary was yesterday so I wasn't able to be at Pimlico for Xtra Heat's day.
~ Mandy ~

Click here to visit The Stallions of Lakeside!

Last updated: Year 26, Break - Wow, it's been awhile, I need to get on that, lol

RIP Shelly & June...I will love you, always.