Week 12 Races

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Katie Grenier
Classic Contender

Post by Katie Grenier »

I was searching through the races and was trying to find either a G3 (Grade 3) or NW3 Turf race for my filly and couldn't find a suitable race. Is it just better to hold off for another week or is there a G3 or NW3 race that I may have missed for Week 12 that is at either 1 1/4 miles (for the G3 Race) or even 1 1/2 miles (for NW3 race) that I missed that I could enter her in.. She urged to the wire in her first 1 1/4 miles race that she won, and was "rank" in her last race that was at 1 1/8 miles. Did I just not see any of the NW3 1 1/2 miles or 1 1/4 miles G3 Turf race for her or should I just go with my gut and hold off until Week 13 to race her? I saw plenty of G2 races that are for 1 1/4 miles on the Turf, but nothing for NW3 or at 1 1/2 miles on the Turf that she could be entered in. So, I guess what I'm asking is would it hurt to put her in a G2 race before I secure a win in a G3 race? She definitely wants the distance but how much more distance I really don't know is the problem also.

<a href='http://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php?HorseID=31358' target='_blank'>Heiessthunderfirm</a>
Enigmatic Dreams LLC
Breeder of Rush Tu Dis Miss
The Only Grade 1 Winning Son Standing by Green Dash
Please Visit Inspiration Stud or Nikki Sherman For More
Information on Rush Tu Dis Miss's stud fee and breeding availability.
Carolyn Eaton
Hall of Fame

Post by Carolyn Eaton »

Since you did a work-out week 11, week 13 should be OK, but I can see you must be getting frustrated since she hasn't raced since week 7. I've had a hard time finding routing turf races for fillies/mares as well, so I often just sponsor them. If you don't have the money to do that, you may be able to get another player to sponsor one for you in exchange for something else (or, one might just decide to be nice and sponsor one).
I'm just here for the fun of it
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

There is a 1 1/4 mile turf allowance for mares week 11 at Calder and last I looked it wasn't full.

Looks like there have been four 1 1/8 turf allowances for fillies in America since you last ran your horse. Yes, none of them were NW3, however, they were all plain allowances, meaning that they are lower than a G3, so that should still be fine. I'm just saying they're out there, and none were full!

As for 1 1/2 mile races, you shouldn't be in America, because we Americans like to run short and on medications (tongue in cheek) so 1 1/2 mile turf allowances kind of don't exist.
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Katie Grenier
Classic Contender

Post by Katie Grenier »

[QUOTE]As for 1 1/2 mile races, you shouldn't be in America, because we Americans like to run short and on medications (tongue in cheek) so 1 1/2 mile turf allowances kind of don't exist.

LOL... I understand what you are saying per racee for the US.. Although I'm pretty sure, or at least partially sure, that I remember seeing a couple of 1 1/2 miles races weather turf or not I can't remember but that's neither here nor there. I guess I'll start looking outside the US to see what I can find for overseas races that I can try her out on the 1 1/2 miles Turf since she just seems to keep urging to wire. I more than likely won't go over the 1 1/2 miles but that depends on Heiress :) I'll see if I can either find a sponsor or sponsor one myself depending on the cost. Thanks for all the help, and I'll look into the allowance races as well to see what I can find there. :)
Enigmatic Dreams LLC
Breeder of Rush Tu Dis Miss
The Only Grade 1 Winning Son Standing by Green Dash
Please Visit Inspiration Stud or Nikki Sherman For More
Information on Rush Tu Dis Miss's stud fee and breeding availability.