Week 11 Results

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Amy Alyssa
Turf Router

Post by Amy Alyssa »

I had a great week - LOADS of places and positve races for my babies.

15 - 4 - 5 - 1 - 2 (2 5ths, 1 6th)

Here For You broke her maiden - What a lovely filly!
Mile High won in his race, whew!
Storm Again won, and so did...

RISING FOGGGGGG, yay yay!

So great, wonderful :)
Amy Alyssa
Vet School + The Sim = ?
Jackie
Sprinter

Post by Jackie »

I only had one horse race this weekend he ended up winning. It was a pleasant surprise. I thought his race was pretty competitive. :D
Susie Rydell
Eclipse Champion

Post by Susie Rydell »

Goooooooooooooood week!

Maiden wins by a nice group of two-year-olds...
Bienvenida (Bienamado-Cesario), Cliff Diver (Three of Crowns - Unite As One), Halpert (Lightinginabottle - After the Fiasco), Miraculous (Deep Impact - Miss Priceless), and the fantastic What's Next (Ghostzapper - Flanders).

Other winners were...
Breakthrough (Johar - Cesario), who won for the first time in quite awhile in his US debut. Courage (No Tears Here - Tenacity), who rebounded off of a poor effort. Equinox (Loki Dynasty - Faith Unwavering), who has to be as an exciting 2yo as there is anywhere, in the G2 Exogenous. Hard-knocking Jazz (Midnightconfession - Razzmatazz) overcame a rough trip to take the National Day Cup Handicap (G3), his first win in awhile. Retrospect (Best - Blurred Vision) continues to exceed expectations in winning the Sorority (G2). Trusting Fate (Three of Crowns - Wonder Again) shows every indication of being the real deal, strongly taking an allowance in his second start. South America proved to be a good idea for Twisted (Distorted Humor - Easy Goer's Day), who won easily. And then there's Vernacular (Halling - Zenda) who is a freak of nature of the best kind. He won the Hong Kong Champions & Chater Cup (G1) over a really, really top-knotch group of horses.

Notable on-the-board finishes by...
First-time starter/new purchase Baby Dreamer (Saga - Battle Big Star), Blindsided (Jet Ski - After the Fiasco) in the Clasico Antonio Mongil, Jr (G1), Intelligence (Battle Cry - Hidden Reserve) to arch-rival Be My Reason in the Gran Premio Different (G2), Majesty (Conduit - Tiara) in the Whitney (G1), and Sure Thing (El Corredor - Lobby Card) in the Princess Rooney (G3).
Ali Weasley
Hall of Fame

Post by Ali Weasley »

Susie Raisher wrote:
Maiden wins by a nice group of two-year-olds...
Bienvenida (Bienamado-Cesario)
YAY!!!!! -claps-

Bienamado!
Tammy Fox
Eclipse Champion

Post by Tammy Fox »

It was a short string week for me. 12 horses went to post and I ended up with numerous seconds and thirds and over 300k in winnings thanks to Tears of Passion.

She finally stepped up against the big girls with a TT and brought home the win. I can't complain. Her dam did the samething to me when she raced. She would always bring home 2nd or 3rd but never first and then one day I added a TT and she started winning for me.
Amazing what a little piece of material can do for a horse.

Anyways, I am proud of Passion and her effort this week. A first place in the Irish Oaks is definintly something to be proud of. She is skipping the Yorkshire Oaks in favor of the Hong Kong Vase in Hong Kong(trying to follow in her dam's hoofprints).
Erin Sanderson
Hall of Fame

Post by Erin Sanderson »

Well I can't say that my week was spectacular, but I am thrilled that my Gold Sovereign got me my second win of the year. I knew I'd figure that colt out eventually!
First Faith Thoroughbreds

Home of stallions War Like Me, Can't Take the Sky, Browncoat, Forte, Prodigal Son, and more!
Eric Nalbone
Hall of Fame

Post by Eric Nalbone »

I went 49: 9-17-8, so my horses have quite the case of seconditis.

Anyway, the leaders of the bunch this week were Epic, who cruised home in the Haskell S., and Image, who cemented his position as probably the best miler in the country with a nifty win in the Hashin Cup. He'll have one more prep before heading over to the Breeders' Cup for a change to improve on his 3rd-place finish from last year. Explode came 2nd in the King's Bishop S., but he's getting ever-so-slightly closer to Echo Iced, so... maybe by Breeders' Cup time we'll be looking at a win.

The three year old fillies did what they were supposed to do, led by Robe, who won the Delaware Oaks and proved to several handicappers that its a bad idea to pick against one of the hottest fillies in the game. I didn't think I had enough graded-stakes-winning three year old fillies, so I finally succeeded in finding another one when I sent Carrera out to win the German Oaks. Enjoy came second in the Chicago Breeders' Cup after a shaky start, Heartbreak Heals was 2nd in the Irish Oaks, and Hyla Brook came second in the Shaconage S., 2 1/2 lengths behind last year's Breeders' Cup FM Turf winner. So either my filly is improving quickly or that one is losing a step or just had an off day in her return from Dubai, but I was pleased that my girl was that close to her.

A number of other allowance/maiden winners rounded out my week.
Anna Leroux
Hall of Fame

Post by Anna Leroux »

I ran 10 horses and the results were;

Make Out one of my two year olds broke his maiden even being checked sharply.
Rock of Ages - third and last in his race
Serena Siempre - 4th in a steeplechase
Black Cat Crossing - 4th in an allowance
Arravision - 4th in an allowance the BC is out for him this year.
Baccie - 8th and injured. She will be retired most likely.
Shadowboxer - 5th in a maiden race for 2 year olds

That's it folks... I'm out of the BC this year all my possiblities have gone off to the side.

EDIT: Also FINALLY passed the 200k mark!!
Jolene Danner
Hall of Fame

Post by Jolene Danner »

Stolen Moment won the Irish Derby!! Breed to Night Shift he ROCKS! nad he's only 25k!!

Cosmonaut won the Loki Flame Stakes which I was super worried about... He's going to the Sprint Elimination trials and if he wins he'll go to the Sprtin Elim, if not to the BC Juvie Sprint.

Illyria broke her maiden, yaya! And Time to Wake won a Claimer!

I had some 2nd's and 3rds as well.
Becca Banner
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Becca Banner »

An unsuspected yet very successful week. I went 10: 5-0-0 with a fourth and two fifths, leaving only two not making it in the money (but they were darn close, one was sixth and the other seventh).

My sales page bargain of Year 17, Star of the Show, won her allowance, another bargain purchase Christmas Quality won her claiming race.

Rounding out the last three winners, are two three year old maiden breakers and one two year old. Loving Closeness galloped to her win by two lengths. Rising Tide, Randall's Lucrezia's older half brother (and purchased for 2k less), broke his maiden in Japan by 1 3/4 lengths. I love this guy, he tries so hard. And since a mile really isn't his distance, this was really nice. The two year old was Sheltermyheart, my Lost in the Fog son, he won by 1 1/4, I'm extremely happy with him.

All in all a very nice week.
At Stud:

Yamikishi - Winner of multiple stakes, including Steward's Cup Sprint. Sire of stakes winning sprinters, like Heroism. Stands for $10,000.

Journey's End Farms : Board $15/week
Mallory Claire

Post by Mallory Claire »

30 starters, 6-11-2 $198,200

I had very few stakes horses this week, with most of the big guns in my barn running in Week 12. However, Classic, a well-bred son of Conduit, brought home another stakes victory in the Victory Moon S. in South Africa. He has been performing well at a mile since being shortened to that distance, I'm pleased.

I had several two-year-olds break their maidens, which is always good. Included in that bunch were Burst Into Song, a half-sister to South African champion Singlikeyourealone. Misty Eyed, a stakes-winning half-sister to Starry and Wild Eyed, won an allowance race as well.
Laura Smith
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Smith »

G2 Canadian International
This has nothing to do with anything, but why is the coolest race in Canada a G2? :P

Uh...yeah. Only ran 10 or 15 this week, two wins, some crap-fests. Not bad, though. :)
LONG OVERDUE FARM: Keepin' it Canada since Year 16.
Stallions to meet your every need. As long as you need a turf sprinter.
Chris Carman
Derby Contender

Post by Chris Carman »

Week 11 was a pretty good week, 2-0-1-1 $68k. El Alamein was 3rd in the King's Bishop-G1 at Saratoga. Konpaku ran a very nice race in the Ellis Park Juvenile-G3. Week 12 will be a light week with Champ in a claiming race at Woodbine, then Week 13 it will heat back up with the return of Accmplished in the Woodward S.-G1 and El Alamein will be in the Jerome H.-G2.