Time Between Shipping/races

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Tasha Langley
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Tasha Langley »

How much time do you guys usually give your horses when you ship them overseas? I dont know if I have enough time to get one more prep into Alone in my Dreams before the Breeder's Cup.
Rivendell Acres
Home to...

Aupollo - $1,000
Dreams Never Die - $10,000
King of Jesters - $35,000
Left Behind - $10,000
Sounds of Victory - $7,500
Ara Davies
Hall of Fame

Post by Ara Davies »

If I run Everest in the BC Turf, he'll be shipping over from Europe immediately after week 13 results, if that's any help.
You're not getting a dead button...in fits of rage, John Slotman and Ara Davies and Jolene Danner would literally kill half their barns.
- The Steward

That's my new motto: Don't quit, just shut up.
- Bryan Doolittle
Sarah Chase
Hall of Fame

Post by Sarah Chase »

Tasha Langley wrote: How much time do you guys usually give your horses when you ship them overseas? I dont know if I have enough time to get one more prep into Alone in my Dreams before the Breeder's Cup.
For what it's worth, if she were mine, I'd just work her 6-7fT week 13 or 14.
Frayed - $75,000
Liveinthemoment - $25,000
Same - $10,000
It's Been Awhile - $10,000
Grindelwald - $10,000
Skywatching - $7,500
Tasha Langley
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Tasha Langley »

Sarah Chase wrote:
Tasha Langley wrote: How much time do you guys usually give your horses when you ship them overseas?  I dont know if I have enough time to get one more prep into Alone in my Dreams before the Breeder's Cup.
For what it's worth, if she were mine, I'd just work her 6-7fT week 13 or 14.
VERY good idea that I'd forgotten about.
Rivendell Acres
Home to...

Aupollo - $1,000
Dreams Never Die - $10,000
King of Jesters - $35,000
Left Behind - $10,000
Sounds of Victory - $7,500
Katie Grenier
Classic Contender

Post by Katie Grenier »

From what I've been told by other players is to ship the horse at least 2 weeks prior to the race you are wanting to enter him/her in overseas and the same for after the race and you want to bring him/her back to the states for another race. All due to the toll the shipping takes on the horse for the overseas travel as you may or may not know. Although, shipping to places like Brazil and places that are closer to the states aren't as bad you still want to leave enough time for recovery from the shipping that way the horse can perform as he/she has been, and without the loss of energy from the shipping causing the horse to either possibly be injured (which I do not know the likelyhood of an injury but suspect that it can and has happened to others just as in real life.) or just not perform well at all.

I do agree with Ara in that you want to ship the horse overseas as early as you can. Good Luck :)
Enigmatic Dreams LLC
Breeder of Rush Tu Dis Miss
The Only Grade 1 Winning Son Standing by Green Dash
Please Visit Inspiration Stud or Nikki Sherman For More
Information on Rush Tu Dis Miss's stud fee and breeding availability.
Emily Mitchell
Hall of Fame

Post by Emily Mitchell »

To have your horse at its peak, it's my opinion that you need 3 weeks off between races if you are shipping overseas... or maybe even 4. But, now that we have workouts I'd give 4 off and workout 4f like week 14 for a week 16 race.

Or something. Actually, I think I'll just be giving my BC horses 3 weeks off if I'm shipping overseas. :D
RIVERSTONE FARM ~ Home of Champions ~ Farms in Kentucky, Germany, and Japan ~