My Notes On This Week

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

One horse died on the track this week. Please be careful when running your horses in back to back weeks. Horses should not already be on their fourth start of the year.

You'll start to notice that if your horses (especially 2yos) have just run their third race of the year, they are going to start getting really tired. I can think of one major stakes winner who lost this week because he has been asked to do too much in too short of a time.

Beee carreffullll.

On the other hand, this was a very evenly matched week. I was having a hard time figuring out who all the winning trainers were, because it seemed like all the big players were winning less than they are expected to.
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Jolene Danner
Hall of Fame

Post by Jolene Danner »

At least we are down 75% in the death toll, right? ;) Just trying to be positive. Thanks for the info EM, and THNAKS for running the SIM!

I like evenly matched! woot! :D B)
Ara Davies

Post by Ara Davies »

Some advice on two year olds:

If your two year olds are not doing anything of note and they're not really bred for short distances or for two year old success, just stop running them for a few weeks. If your 2yo is by a stayer and out of a stayer, chances are they are going to run horribly at anything under a mile so there's no real point in running them in the early part of the year because they're just going to lose.

After a start or two, most of mine will be off until week 10 or 11 at least. Except Calais, who has a stakes win. Go Rainy babies! :)