Stallion Giveaway

Advice and Other Goodies for Newbies
Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Nikki Everdeen
Hall of Fame

Post by Nikki Everdeen »

I recently decided that, as much as I absolutely adore my stallion Mystery Storm (I'm probably the only one who even knows who he is in real life), the time has come to find him a new home with someone who will be able to take care of him and support him with the kind of attention he deserves.

For those of you who DON'T know, Mystery Storm is a 1992 bay stallion by Storm Bird, out of the stakes-winning Affirmed mare Affirmed Classic. Mystery Storm was Affirmed Classic's ONLY foal, as she died very young. Mystery Storm went on to run 15-7-0-1 for $325,580, winning the Rebel Stakes (G3), Southwest Stakes (G3), Ack Ack Handicap, and Evangeline Mile. His best progeny was Stormin Oedy, who many of us have probably seen, as he ran until he was an "oldie."

Now, how will I be choosing the new owner of Mystery Storm? What I will ask is that each person who would like a chance to be given Mystery Storm to please PM me what types of mares you think would work best with him. This is something that has been one of my own issues with him, so my hope is that by doing some research on him, those who are interested in him won't just be those looking for any old stallion. After doing that research and coming back with some suggestions, you will theoretically be ready to support him in the future.

You will have until midnight next Sunday to PM me with your answers, and I thank you for anyone who is willing to participate!
Inspiration Stud
Standing quality Appaloosas, Arabians, Paints, Quarter Horses, and Thoroughbreds
Emily Thompson
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Emily Thompson »

I have lots of stallions, but I just have to say that I LOVE the Ack Ack Handicap. That might be the best name ever. :lol:
S.C. Burns

Post by S.C. Burns »

Done and Done!

Hope you're up for reading a novel!
Nikki Everdeen
Hall of Fame

Post by Nikki Everdeen »

I'm enjoying reading these, so keep it up! Thanks to those who have already responded in such a quick manner. I'm glad there are those who are interested in looking deeper into Mystery Storm's potential!
Inspiration Stud
Standing quality Appaloosas, Arabians, Paints, Quarter Horses, and Thoroughbreds
Susie Rydell
Eclipse Champion

Post by Susie Rydell »

NikkiSherman wrote: (I'm probably the only one who even knows who he is in real life)
*raises hand* I do! I do!
Nikki Everdeen
Hall of Fame

Post by Nikki Everdeen »

Susie Raisher wrote:
NikkiSherman wrote: (I'm probably the only one who even knows who he is in real life)
*raises hand* I do! I do!
Besides from me? ;)

...And if you DO remember him...ain't he cute???
Inspiration Stud
Susie Rydell
Eclipse Champion

Post by Susie Rydell »

NikkiSherman wrote: Besides from me? ;)

YUP. And yup! He was always a really, really cute horse. It was like him, Hyroglyphic, and Dazzling Falls that year! So booyah :P
Nikki Everdeen
Hall of Fame

Post by Nikki Everdeen »

Susie Raisher wrote:
NikkiSherman wrote: Besides from me?  ;) 

YUP. And yup! He was always a really, really cute horse. It was like him, Hyroglyphic, and Dazzling Falls that year! So booyah :P
I don't remember the other two! I just remember staring at Mystery Storm in awe as he circled around and around while being saddled for the Preakness on the turf course.
Inspiration Stud
Nikki Everdeen
Hall of Fame

Post by Nikki Everdeen »

I am pleased to announce that the new owner of Mystery Storm is Leigh Ann Anderson!

It was a very close call, so I'd like to thank EVERYONE who participated.

Good luck to Leigh Ann and Mystery Storm!
Inspiration Stud
Leigh Ann Anderson
Hall of Fame

Post by Leigh Ann Anderson »

And I would like to publicly thank Nikki Sherman.

If anyone would like to discuss breeding their mare to Mystery Storm, please don't hesitate to message me. I'm willing to discount his already low fee for "approved" mares.

I believe that mares with Mr. Prospector, Poker (through Silver Charm or Seattle Slew), Northern Dancer (through El Gran Senor, Lyphard and especially Geri), and Rahy have a good chance of getting you a nice foal.

So far of his 9 2 YO's, 7 have made some money for their owners!
Windborn turf router $20000; Nite Skyturf router $18000; Black Tears turf router $5,000; Dream Goodnite turf router $5000; Accend turf router $5000; Independence Hall dirt miler $40000