Wise Dan

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Marzy Dotes
Hall of Fame

Wise Dan

Post by Marzy Dotes »

What do you think of him?

I nicked him with my Even in the Snow mare Eyes of an Angel, got a B+ and bred this filly. The mare was both a sprinter and miler but nicked better with sprinter studs.
"Fools live to regret their words, wise men to regret their silence."

---Author, Will Henr

"All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing."

---Edmund Burke
Madelene Gilbert
Hall of Fame

Re: Wise Dan

Post by Madelene Gilbert »

I don't think I've had a chance to use him yet, but Truly Emazing will see him this year. Has anyone noticed a trend with hypos between distances? I know he's supposed to be tri-surface/tri-distance, but I'm curious to see if he's hypoing better with sprinter/milers or miler/routers.
Nena Olson
Hall of Fame

Post by Nena Olson »

I have a wow filly sired by Wise Dan

http://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php?HorseID=394326

as for hypos, Ive noticed B+ with milers/sprinters and fewer B+'s with routers. But, maybe the router mares I hypoed sucked lol

http://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php?HorseID=119238 was a B hypo
✧.* SIM Artist ੈ✩‧₊˚
Marzy Dotes
Hall of Fame

Post by Marzy Dotes »

Awesome! 8)

I also bred this filly on a B+ cross which isn't common for her though she's "formidable".

He seems to like turfy milers along with shorter AW which might be really nice for this Start Of The End/Acapulco cross.

---Author, Will Henr

---Edmund Burke
Emma Lochran
Hall of Fame

Post by Emma Lochran »

I have some A- crosses with Wise Dan and some of my turf route mares, which is the same as the other turf stallions I crossed them with. I'll have to check and see if I've crossed him with any of my dirt route mares.
Marzy Dotes
Hall of Fame

Post by Marzy Dotes »

Thanks Emma! I got an A- to with my turf routing mare Nadine Cross. That's equitable with most turf routers except an A with Trafalgar. I'll be doing some more hypos with dirt mares too and report back!

---Author, Will Henr

---Edmund Burke
Madelene Gilbert
Hall of Fame

Silver Rush
HA! I do have a Wise Dan AW yearling! For some reason, I keep thinking this filly is by I'll Have Another or Dullahan. But she's a router, out of a formidable Colorado mare, and so far her faster work is 1:00.47 with only one piece of equip figured out. The hypo was B+/B.

I also purchased a cheap Wise Dan filly, Wise Danielle to see if she liked AW. Turns out not (1:02.29), but she's a hard to tell with 0:59.53 fastest over dirt. No equipment checked.
Three Crowns Racing
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Three Crowns Racing »

Emma Lochran wrote:I have some A- crosses with Wise Dan and some of my turf route mares, which is the same as the other turf stallions I crossed them with. I'll have to check and see if I've crossed him with any of my dirt route mares.
Thanks Emma :) I just checked a few of my turf mares with him and got some A- nicks as well
Marzy Dotes
Hall of Fame

Post by Marzy Dotes »

me too with turfy routers! :)

---Author, Will Henr

---Edmund Burke
Michael Looker
Classic Contender

Post by Michael Looker »

He seems to be more router than anything at a glance, but The Steward put him over Whisperingthings so he's probably going to see Drowsy this year.
Madelene Gilbert
Hall of Fame

Michael Looker wrote:He seems to be more router than anything at a glance, but The Steward put him over Whisperingthings so he's probably going to see Drowsy this year.
Did she? It looks like Lee made that breeding, unless she told him to try it.

I noticed 2 Hail Sleet 'n Snow, 1 Look Eagles, 2 No Fooling, 1 Relaunch, 1 San Joaquin, 5 Seraph, 3 Smile for Em, and 6 Synthetic Speed crosses for AW sprinters. It looks like the fastest yearling so far is Jodi, out of a Synthetic Speed mare, who did 0:24.00 at 2 furlongs and 0:37.50 at 3 furlongs. There's a few others working in the 0:24.20 - 0:24.40 range and in the sub 0:38.00 range too.

Now those only account for 21 of his 131 total offspring. Judging by the dam sires most of those will be AW routers (with a smattering of dirt and turf), so that might give a skewed indication of what he's really capable of producing. I still think he's a great alternative for sprinters, which is desperately needed right now, and Truly Emazing will still see him first. Although I'm not sure I want a colt to compete with Whisper's (or Drowsy's)...
Last edited by Madelene Gilbert 11 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Michael Looker
Classic Contender

Post by Michael Looker »

Madelene Gilbert wrote:
Michael Looker wrote:He seems to be more router than anything at a glance, but The Steward put him over Whisperingthings so he's probably going to see Drowsy this year.
Did she? It looks like Lee made that breeding, unless she told him to try it.
You're right. Maybe I should take more than a glance at things.
Garylynn Farms
Classic Contender

Post by Garylynn Farms »

Jodi was a stakes gallop. I think he will be a very good sire for AW sprinters.