Week 12 Results!

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Carolyn Eaton
Hall of Fame

Post by Carolyn Eaton »

I had a good week with 3 wins and 8 more on the board. 2 maiden wins with Agent (Officer) and Brown Sands (On the Precipice), and Le Palais Magique (Storm a Fortress) an early gift from Laura- won a NW3.
I'm just here for the fun of it
Laura Smith
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Smith »

LET THERE BE LIIIIIGHT :wub: kept his perfect season intact with a decisive victory in Argentina. Estrellas, here we come!

Proven Guilty broke his maiden. I like his mommy. Yay for super close inbreeding to Punishment!

A pair of 3YO colts scored their second wins -- Red Shift, who's never been worse than third, and Skyway, who I thought I broke last year, but maybe I was just blind and couldn't see what he wanted a pretty pair of blinkers all this time.

And Yes That's Right, the unlikeliest horse ever to want a distance, especially a distance on grass with fences in the middle...won his second chase. Cool.
LONG OVERDUE FARM: Keepin' it Canada since Year 16.
Stallions to meet your every need. As long as you need a turf sprinter.
Nikki Everdeen
Hall of Fame

Post by Nikki Everdeen »

I went 33-5-9-5 this week, in a week that I used a couple of horses as fillers. Well, not necessarily "fillers", but they were the fourth and fifth entries in stakes that I moved around yesterday. So those guys basically all earned me money too.

Careless Whisper (Fasileyev-Three Little Words [Seeking the Gold]) is making me regret not buying her dam the three or four times I looked at her when she was for sale. She won an allowance race in France this week for her third career victory, which I suppose means I'll have to enter her in a stakes race next since she deserves a shot in one.

Crowd Pleaser (Three of Crowns-Hopeless Romantic [Future Hero]) finally broke his 'chasing maiden after running second in his first three tries over fences. While I'm happy he won, it's almost disappointing not to see that familiar "2" in his chart!

Fight the Laughter (Worth Fighting For-Silent Laughter [Sunday Silence]) made me even more grateful that I was never able to sell her in getting her N2L this week.

Loki Billion (Loki Dynasty-Oneinfivebillion [One In A Million]) broke her maiden this week going 1 1/16.

Zawrest (Teton Forest-Zawzooth [Unbridled's Song]) made her mama proud in following in her older sister's footsteps when she broke her maiden this week.

Notable finishes besides the wins were A Fine Fine Day (Dynaformer-Lassie Connection [Seattle Slew]) running second in a N3L when she's actually a N2L, Fates Warning (El Prado-Lear's Dear [Lear Fan]) getting second in an allowance to bolster her broodmare potential, Kheraz (Sagamix-Kazzia [Zinaad]) running second again, Magical Mirage (Oasis Dream-Magic Storm [Storm Cat]) running third in a Grade 3, Ravenna (Midnightconfession-Zawzooth [Unbridled's Song]) running second in a N3L for the third time in a row, the beautiful Swarovski (Electrocutionist-Crystal House [Golden Voyager]) running second in a MSW in France, and Taransay (Scottish Halo-Delicious [Blades Hill]) getting second in a MSW at Calder.
Inspiration Stud
Standing quality Appaloosas, Arabians, Paints, Quarter Horses, and Thoroughbreds
Rayne Wyatt
Derby Contender

Post by Rayne Wyatt »

We have an improvement on my front (not that I could exactly have gone down from the only other two weeks I ran horses, but still)... 3 started, 2 seconds and an 11th. $8000 in winnings.

Pleased with Stralo... Anyone else remember me being frustrated with him? I stuck him in a shorted race then I woulda liked in the end (it was there, the field was small, I decided to ignore my own put-him-longer decision). He came in second and earnt me enough, to cover the cost of his shipping to somewhere with more suitable races for next time around. Assuming I still want to put him longer. Which I'll continue to debate.

As for older gelding, Harbour Magic, who I like for his general 'keep him where he is and he should be in the money' kinda potential... something I did threw that long line out the window and he came in dead last. *sigh*

All in the name of learning 'eh?
Emily Thompson
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Emily Thompson »

Woo!

Layyourarmourdown crushed an easy allowance field by 4 1/4 lengths. I'm now annoyed with myself for screwing around with him at shorter distances at the start of the year, as he's clearly a Really Good Horse at a mile or longer.

My darling Bo Faithful proved her worth some more (still can't believe I picked her up for $1000) with a stakes win over some nice mares in the Ohio's Best Distaff. If I had any guts, I'd be pointing her towards the BC Distaff, but...
Lauren Haggerty
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Lauren Haggerty »

Not one of my best weeks. I had a lot of dissapointing finishes from two year olds and the like. However, I did get two nice wins from Holding Sunbeams and In Step plus a nice second by Endarkened. So not terrible, but not great.
Erin Sanderson
Hall of Fame

Post by Erin Sanderson »

I had a really nice week, simply because my filly Recognition finally got her first win in a maiden at Saratoga. I had a record of 5-1-0-1 $17,150 this month, so nothing to really write home about, but I'm really excited for my filly to get her first win. I also had a gelding, Rust, finish third in a stakes (out of 12 entries) so I was pretty thrilled with that. Only one of mine was out of the money :)
First Faith Thoroughbreds

Home of stallions War Like Me, Can't Take the Sky, Browncoat, Forte, Prodigal Son, and more!
Michelle Calderoni
Hall of Fame

Post by Michelle Calderoni »

Yay for Rust being third in a stakes, Riley.

So, my week was by far one of my best.

15-3-3-1 $324,140

Morning Cascade rules all! She won her stakes race!

Fleet Admiral went 3 for 3 winning the Phoenix Stakes (G3)!
BUY NEW RIVER BREDS!

Stolen Goods made good on his purchase price, winning First out.

Star on Stage was 2nd.
Massage ran into superfreak Laughterintherain and was 2nd. On to the BC!

Dream Win remains the richest maiden I swear lol, by being second again.
Pegasus Feathers International -Dubai
Edward Cullen -$35k | Fleet Admiral -$35k | Visine -$10k
Champions Producing Champions
Tasha Langley
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Tasha Langley »

HAPPY! LEFT BEHIND WON THE FOREGO. YAYNESS.

<3 my Lefty. Now he'll rest up for the BC. =)

Fitzroy won a steeplechase too. I've been frustrated with that horse for two years (SIM) and now he's finally come through. :)
Rivendell Acres
Home to...

Aupollo - $1,000
Dreams Never Die - $10,000
King of Jesters - $35,000
Left Behind - $10,000
Sounds of Victory - $7,500
Susie Rydell
Eclipse Champion

Post by Susie Rydell »

Some disappointments, but some really good stuff tossed in as well.

Eleven wins, highlighted by the ever-brilliant Whileaworldsleeps taking his third consecutive Prix Maurice de Gheest (G2). The incredible Flying Solo went from breaking her maiden week 6 to winning a G1 this week in the Woodbine Oaks over a tough group of fillies. Lovesachanceutake is really just a terrific racemare and took down a really talented group in the Crimson Palace Stakes (G3). Red Light found New Zealand to her liking, taking the Eight Carat Classic (G2). The Torrey Pines (G3) did prove to be the perfect spot for Bossa Nova that I thought it may and she was able to finally grab her first win of the year. Award Winner got back into gear with an allowance win. Fleeting has turned into a nice filly and appreciated some more distance. Recent purchase Give Everything broke his maiden first time out. I finally got another 1/16th for Remorse, who relished it. Sugar High broke her maiden like a nice horse. And, perhaps most importantly, the lovable Shock and Faith finally broke through, and did so in style as MUCH THE BEST.

Notable on the board efforts by All The People in the Secretariat (G1), Cruise Control in the Forego (G2), Dark Blue in the Premio Bianca Verga (G3), Kleos Afthion in the Tilt A Whirl (G3), Surpassing in the Clasico Angel Cordero Jr (G2), and Tondeiru in the Sussex (G3).
Tammy Fox
Eclipse Champion

Post by Tammy Fox »

It was a nice week for me. Several 2nds and 3rds as well as some disappointments and some nice surprises. Had a few either break their maiden or win their allowance race.
The two best performances go to Dance With Stars and Tears of Triumph. Both of these grand racers won their respective races in New Zealand and Australia. I am very proud of both.
Teri Lawrence
Eclipse Champion

Post by Teri Lawrence »

Highlights:

Fairy Ring ran third. Going to try more distance.

Foryouigavemybest also ran third. Opposite problem...I was worried this race would be too long for him and was right.

Fusilade broke her maiden nicely over a mile at River Downs.

La Parisienne, whom I stupidly forgot to nominate for the BC, racked up *another* stakes win in the Luther Burbank Handicap. She's now going to be shipped south, rested until week 16 and will run in the Estrellas Distaff in an attempt to go two for two in that race.

Royal Secret ran a *very* nice second. She seems to want even more than 1 1/16, though.

Songoficeandfire ran third. I just know there's a win in this horse somewhere.

Thedaythemusicdied tried hard to finish second.

Thestoryneverdies said a mile was too short, but still ran second. Two year olds.

Not a great week, but far, far from a terrible one.

And congratulations to the connections of:

Roi des Reves - Le Dauphin Noir x It's Okay To Dream, 1 mile turf maiden at Futurity Park.
Beacon of Hope - Le Dauphin Noir x Hopeinthedarkness, 1 1/4 mile turf NW3 in France.
Chinese Wizard - dirt router
Docile - turf sprinter and steeplechaser
Ile de Paris - top turf router
Le Chateau Magique - dirt router
Le Dauphin Noir - turf router and European HOTY
Mid Air Collision - dirt miler
Paris Cubed - turf miler and router
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormy Peak »

I'm probably going to have to just purchase a dang maiden turf race for my created mare Foremost. For 5 weeks now I've tried to find her a maiden race in Europe and nadda. I see that next week and the week after there are no maiden turf races either. So week 15 if none shows up, I'll just sponser one that is suited to her...a 4+ filly and mare $15k in Germany - distance 1 mile to 1 1/8 not sure yet on distance. I've tentively entered her into a nw race for week 14...but will more than likely scratch her if I can find a better spot for her in week 15. I like giving my horses more than one week of rest between races.

So I've raced her in a few NW 2/3 allowances. She ran in Ireland this weekend and I'm proud to say she finished 4th. She's made money for me now in 3 of her 4 races. : )
I'm experimenting with Overflow a little...I tried him on turf in a sprint and he finished 5th - he was my first winner in this game and never made money before, so I'm happy that with his few races with me he's done that. I love any horse closely related to Alydar...maybe he knows that and is rewarding me for loving him more ;) :D

I will probably switch him back to dirt again in his next race. I notice that Benchmark's offspring isn't exactly blazing up the dirt tracks and he was a dirt runner in real life...but I kind of wonder sometimes when the Sim computer made a 'real' horse into a 'sim' horse it didn't do so to the same exact way the real horse was....and that perhaps a real mile on dirt horse might end up being a turf router...but no one checks that out because they just assume this sim horse with a famous name is just like the real one?
Some of you who have been around longer might be able to answer that question. : )

The rest of my entries didn't earn me money but I had some near misses with 6th place finishes.

Stormy
SIRES: Turf Routers - Each multiple G1 winners

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
Nikki Everdeen
Hall of Fame

Post by Nikki Everdeen »

Stormy, I'm not sure why you said that you can't find Foremost a maiden race...? My biggest problem with entering recently has been that there are no SPRINT turf maidens (or even worse, no sprint turf or dirt allowances). There have only been long turf races, especially in Europe. I did a quick search for you, and these came up for Week 14, although like you said, I'm the kind of person who waits three weeks between races too. However, this late in the year if I plan on retiring a mare, I'll squeeze races in Week 14 and 16 even if I ran the horse Week 12 if I can find a suitable race.

Year 18 Week 14 England: Race 3 - 1 1/16 miles. Turf. 3 year olds and up. Fillies and Mares. Maidens. Purse $30,000
Year 18 Week 14 England: Race 7 - 1 mile. Turf. 3 year olds and up. Fillies and Mares. Maidens. Purse $30,000
Year 18 Week 14 France: Race 1 - 1 1/16 miles. Turf. 3 year olds and up. Fillies and Mares. Maidens. Purse $20,000
Year 18 Week 14 Germany: Race 6 - 1 1/16 miles. Turf. 3 year olds and up. Fillies and Mares. Maidens. Purse $15,000
Year 18 Week 14 Milan: Race 5 - 1 1/16 miles. Turf. 3 year olds and up. Fillies and Mares. Maidens. Purse $15,000

...And as a side note...that was my first time using the circuit search feature, and that was AWESOME!
Inspiration Stud
Standing quality Appaloosas, Arabians, Paints, Quarter Horses, and Thoroughbreds
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormy Peak »

I have a big problem then with Foremost!

She's not a winner.....yet none of those maiden races you listed are showing up.
I scratched her from that nw2 race for week 14 to take a look at the maiden races you listed and I'm still only getting allowance and claiming races that show up.

I just don't see any listed maiden races for her - for some reason she's not being listed as a maiden in the programing.:(

All I'm seeing for England week 14 are races 1,2,8,9...none of them maidens.
This really bums me out.

Stormy
SIRES: Turf Routers - Each multiple G1 winners

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000