Week 12 Results!

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Emily Mitchell
Hall of Fame

Post by Emily Mitchell »

Stormy Peak wrote: I have a big problem then with Foremost!

She's not a winner.....yet none of those maiden races you listed are showing up.
I scratched her from that nw2 race for week 14 to take a look at the maiden races you listed and I'm still only getting allowance and claiming races that show up.

I just don't see any listed maiden races for her - for some reason she's not being listed as a maiden in the programing.:(

All I'm seeing for England week 14 are races 1,2,8,9...none of them maidens.
This really bums me out.

Stormy
Just email the Steward about it and she can fix it.

:)
RIVERSTONE FARM ~ Home of Champions ~ Farms in Kentucky, Germany, and Japan ~
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormy Peak »

Emily Mitchell wrote: Just email the Steward about it and she can fix it.

:)
I'll e-mail her...I'm just bummed out overall about Foremost.

I screwed up when I created her...I did it like 2 days before the Sim rolled over into a new year...and ended up with a 4 year old instead of a 3 year old to race all season.

Now that I get to thinking about it, I don't think I've ever seen a maiden race ever listed for her...I should have figured out something was wrong a long time ago. :(

She's a good horse...but not top of the line...otherwise she still would have been beating those other horses in those nw2 allowances. But it would be nice to see her get a chance to go against other maidens and have a little bit better chance to finally win a race. : )

Stormy
SIRES: Turf Routers - Each multiple G1 winners

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
Laura Ferguson
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Ferguson »

If it makes you feel any better, you didn't * up on the timing in creating her. Every horse created in this current SIM year is a 4yo, just like every SIM horse created last year was a 3yo - they're all part of the same "crop."
Nikki Everdeen
Hall of Fame

Post by Nikki Everdeen »

Stormy Peak wrote: I screwed up when I created her...I did it like 2 days before the Sim rolled over into a new year...and ended up with a 4 year old instead of a 3 year old to race all season.
That wouldn't have mattered though, because CAHs were all the same age, so even if you had waited two weeks until Year 18 she still would have been a 4yo.

Well I'm glad we got that sorted out, though! I kept thinking it was really really strange that you could never find her a maiden race! Good luck with her!
Inspiration Stud
Standing quality Appaloosas, Arabians, Paints, Quarter Horses, and Thoroughbreds
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormy Peak »

NikkiSherman wrote:
....Well I'm glad we got that sorted out, though!  I kept thinking it was really really strange that you could never find her a maiden race!  Good luck with her!
Good to hear that I didn't * up with her age- I know when I created her her age said 'age 3' and two days later she was 'age 4' so I thought that was my own bad timing.

..but it still doesn't explain the lack of maiden races not showing up for her...the way I read these conditions that Nikki posted...Foremost should qualify for these races.

Year 18 Week 14 England: Race 3 - 1 1/16 miles. Turf. 3 year olds and up. Fillies and Mares. Maidens. Purse $30,000
Year 18 Week 14 England: Race 7 - 1 mile. Turf. 3 year olds and up. Fillies and Mares. Maidens. Purse $30,000
Year 18 Week 14 France: Race 1 - 1 1/16 miles. Turf. 3 year olds and up. Fillies and Mares. Maidens. Purse $20,000
Year 18 Week 14 Germany: Race 6 - 1 1/16 miles. Turf. 3 year olds and up. Fillies and Mares. Maidens. Purse $15,000
Year 18 Week 14 Milan: Race 5 - 1 1/16 miles. Turf. 3 year olds and up. Fillies and Mares. Maidens. Purse $15,000

Then...she should have been able to enter any of those races...but they are not showing up on her race entry options.

3 and up...means the same as 3years old and older.
Otherwise it should just read 3 year old filly.

Stormy

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
Nikki Everdeen
Hall of Fame

Post by Nikki Everdeen »

The Steward should be able to look into it and figure it out for you, since you sent her a message. Once she fixes that you'll probably be fine.
Inspiration Stud
Standing quality Appaloosas, Arabians, Paints, Quarter Horses, and Thoroughbreds
Nikki Everdeen
Hall of Fame

Post by Nikki Everdeen »

Also, the reason the races aren't showing up is that she isn't listed as still being a maiden. If you look up next to her name on her page, right next to her Irish-bred (I think she is) status, it should say "Maiden" as well, but the computer must have screwed up and not included that originally. All that needs to be done is fix that and you'll be able to view the maiden races for her.
Inspiration Stud
Emily Mitchell
Hall of Fame

Post by Emily Mitchell »

Stormy Peak wrote: Then...she should have been able to enter any of those races...but they are not showing up on her race entry options.

3 and up...means the same as 3years old and older.
Otherwise it should just read 3 year old filly.

Stormy
Yes, your mare qualifies for all of those. It's just an error in the system thinking she's not a maiden, I've actually had this happen to me once. Em will fix it, don't worry. :)
RIVERSTONE FARM ~ Home of Champions ~ Farms in Kentucky, Germany, and Japan ~
Laura Ferguson
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Ferguson »

That happens every once in a while with a create a horse, basically, the maiden button didn't get clicked when the horse was created. Just send the steward an e-mail and she'll fix it. If you look at her page, there is no "Maiden" by her name. For example, if you look at:

<a href='http://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php?HorseID=38966' target='_blank'>http://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php ... D=38966</a>

She has the word "Maiden" in the box by her name. Yours doesn't. Once a horse wins, the "Maiden" disappears, so right now, the SIM erroneously thinks your horse has won at least one race. Again, the steward can fix it.
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormy Peak »

NikkiSherman wrote: Also, the reason the races aren't showing up is that she isn't listed as still being a maiden.  If you look up next to her name on her page, right next to her Irish-bred (I think she is) status, it should say "Maiden" as well, but the computer must have screwed up and not included that originally.  All that needs to be done is fix that and you'll be able to view the maiden races for her.
I sometimes wonder if I need more than eye glasses.....

Like I said, I'm more bummed out with my own inability to have noticed that so much earlier along with the fact I couldn't find maiden races for her.

I mean, how obvious is that...lol...that it doesn't even say 'maiden' on her listing. :ph34r: It takes someone else to point that out to me.

Will someone please sell me a clue! I need to get one soon...lol.

Stormy

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
Nikki Everdeen
Hall of Fame

Post by Nikki Everdeen »

We all have things like that happen to us sometimes! I nearly smacked myself in the head when I accidentally ran a Millenary/Storm Cat filly in a dirt race (duh), and when I stupidly entered Riyadh (Sinndar/Kingmambo) in a dirt race as well once. You aren't alone!
Inspiration Stud
Steph Lonhro
Hall of Fame

Post by Steph Lonhro »

we all have our moments, I have one confusing cah, which was based soley on the fact that in the 80's they were my 3 favorite race horses, it is a seeking the gold, alysheba, ferdinand mix, he has one or two more starts on the dirt before I try him on the turf

my other d'oh moment is entering a miler in sprint races oy, well he did win his first start with me at 6 furlongs

I personally like that mix you have with foremost, but I will really like anything with Sadler's Wells, and she has held her own in the last 2 races too
Selati(dirt miler) $15k NY
Lani(unspecified type) $30k in NY
Lead the Crowd(turf miler) $15k NY
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormy Peak »

Thanks to the kind efforts of the Steward...
Foremost is now officially a maiden!

Now I just have to figure out how to get all my maidens to quit being maidens (the regular way...by winning) :lol:

Stormy

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
Rebecca Rose Hepburn
Hall of Fame

Post by Rebecca Rose Hepburn »

Awesome week :D. My horses went 11-3-2-0 with 7 horses picking up a check.

Can't Live in Fear Won the G2 Gran Premio Eliseo Ramirez over a very nice filly in Flood. I love this girl so much and was so worried about this spot that when I found out that she won it was such an amazing feeling. I was driving on a winding, dark road at the time so I couldn't really do a victory dance at the time, so I just contented myself with yelling :lol: She's going to move on to the Estrellas Juvi Fillies after this, I can't wait!

I had two other winners in Amazon Warrior and Better Memories. Both are CAH mares and both won against winners for the first time. I'm going to be very ambitious and point Amazon for the Matriarch week 15, but since she's most likely going to retire at the end of the year I figure I may as well go for it.

End Of Greed turned in a second in his first start over fences, and Epic Flame managed a second on the flat. Other then that nothing to write home about, but still an awesome week :)
A horse is the projection of peoples' dreams about themselves - strong, powerful, beautiful - and it has the capability of giving us escape from our mundane existence.- Pam Brown
Matt Woolfolk
Classic Contender

Post by Matt Woolfolk »

Best week ever

8-3-1-1

I won my first stakes race. Premium Reward won a chaser race in England. He is now 3-2-0-1 over jumps.
Award winning journalist and record-setting trainer