Kentucky Derby

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Rebecca Rose Hepburn
Hall of Fame

Post by Rebecca Rose Hepburn »

I like several of these horses, but in the end it's all about Hunter for me :D
A horse is the projection of peoples' dreams about themselves - strong, powerful, beautiful - and it has the capability of giving us escape from our mundane existence.- Pam Brown
Tammy Byrum

Post by Tammy Byrum »

The post draw is tomorrow at 5pm Eastern time on ESPN2. I can't wait! Although I picked Curlin as my top favorite, I really like Hard Spun, Cowtown Cat, Scat Daddy, and one that I haven't heard anyone talk about, Slew's Tizzy, who is my sentimental favorite.
Emily Thompson
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Emily Thompson »

As of April 26, Slew's Tizzy <a href='http://www.ntra.com/content.aspx?type=news&id=24939' target='_blank'>wasn't running in the Derby.</a>

Which may explain why much hasn't been said about him. His connections are pointing him towards the Preakness.
Mandy Saunders
Eclipse Champion

Post by Mandy Saunders »

For those of you who don't know, Xchanger and the brilliant Cobalt Blue are OUT, I'mawildandcrazyguy and Tueflesburg (I totally got that spelling on the first try, go me) are IN.

Personally, I would have liked to see Cobalt Blue and Tueflesburg in and the other two out but that's just me.
~ Mandy ~

Click here to visit The Stallions of Lakeside!

Last updated: Year 26, Break - Wow, it's been awhile, I need to get on that, lol

RIP Shelly & June...I will love you, always.
Emily Thompson
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Emily Thompson »

Love Cobalt Blue! And I really like the fact that his owner was all "don't run him in the Derby for the sake of running him in the Derby". I gather that's not something you hear all the time.
Tammy Byrum

Post by Tammy Byrum »

Durn... these past two weeks KentuckyDerby.com has had Slew's Tizzy as a contender. Oh well for my sentimental favorite.
Emily Thompson
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Emily Thompson »

<a href='http://www.ntra.com/content.aspx?type=news&id=25058' target='_blank'>Entries for the Derby have been finalized</a>.

Link also includes the order they will pick post positions in later today. Yay!
John Slotmon
Hall of Fame

Post by John Slotmon »

Curlin is not winning this race from somewhere around 1-3 or 19-20. Nobody has ever won the race from 19 and nobody has won the race from 20 since 1929.
"John Slotman and <name redacted> are always sooooo amazingly generous with new and struggling players- I think we all thank you!" - April Eddy, 3/6/2012
Emily Thompson
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Emily Thompson »

I'm going to have to agree with you on that. If he ends up way outside, that's going to be all kinds of trouble.