Please give a warm welcome to...

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Chris Everett
Hall of Fame

Please give a warm welcome to...

Post by Chris Everett »

... Image Indian Scout

Standing for 20k and he is well worth it. I have over 10 mares and everyone of them not related to him are hypoing A's and A-s. Only had one hypo B+. He's earned it and I don't have the heart to run him again and watch him loose further back. Was stubborn once, wont do so again. Let me know if you hypo your mares to him. Really like knowing how my boys do in the shed or how they possibly could do. :D :lol:
J K Rowling
Eclipse Champion

Re: Please give a warm welcome to...

Post by J K Rowling »

A with Notreallyapainter, same as Blue Merle. http://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php?HorseID=203073
Gorgeous Blue & Gray/Sneaky Monkey/Bob Ross cross.
"The way I look at it, I'm not meeting anyone better than Julie K... so what am I missing?"

The Sim: Where the horses are made up and cheating doesn't matter.
Marzy Dotes
Hall of Fame

Post by Marzy Dotes »

Beautiful headshot too!
"Fools live to regret their words, wise men to regret their silence."

---Author, Will Henr

"All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing."

---Edmund Burke
Chris Everett
Hall of Fame

Post by Chris Everett »

I am rather pleased with him. With my other studs, they haven't hypo'd so well with my mares but him, he's fantastic so far for me and a fitting son to Blue and Gray's legacy I think.
This http://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php?HorseID=414615 is the first foal i bred and random. May he be the first to pass on the lines and may the simgods NOT give him a bad slide as a straight A hypo :lol: :) Also, Lou, nice nice little boy. I hope he's zoomy enough to have some sibling rivalry.
Chris Everett
Hall of Fame

Post by Chris Everett »

So now that i've galloped all my yearlings by Scout I have a huge question. I am seriously considering raising up his stud fee in the future. But really my question for tonight is what did your Scout yearling gallop? I only bred 6 to him and the lowest gallop comment i got was stakes. Which is unbelievable for me. I know Lou bred only 1 to him and that was a wow. What are the rest like?
J K Rowling
Eclipse Champion

Post by J K Rowling »

I think raising his fee would be really stupid, imo. It would just breed animosity and I'd hardly use him. I sent him all formidable mares and got 2 wow and 1 HTT.
"The way I look at it, I'm not meeting anyone better than Julie K... so what am I missing?"

The Sim: Where the horses are made up and cheating doesn't matter.
Chris Everett
Hall of Fame

Post by Chris Everett »

Only with you Julie only with you. And if you cant read so well I said future not present. Anyways, thank you for letting me know about the yealring gallops.
Landon Alexander
Hall of Fame

Post by Landon Alexander »

2 bred. 1 wings, 1 wow.
Lori Hamill
Hall of Fame

Post by Lori Hamill »

I only have a small group of Paint mares, bred one to Indian Scout (star broodmare), hypo was a flat A - gallop comment was Wings.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Kay O. Johnson
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Kay O. Johnson »

I bred 2 formidables and got a HTT and a claimer. So raise him if you want because I probably won't be using him as I got 3 Scarys and a wow from my own stallion Prairie Gold and a Wow from Rocket Science..
Kyasuriin Matsumoto
Hall of Fame

Post by Kyasuriin Matsumoto »

I'm pretty disappointed in my Indian Scout's:

1 Stakes
2 Wings/Great
4 Okay/Nice

I had higher hopes for him.
Gateway Farms
Chris Everett
Hall of Fame

Post by Chris Everett »

If you threw ok mares at him... but i know you have some good mare Kya. Was the stakes teh Jetting home yearling? As it stands i've seen about 45% to 50% wows and better from him. I know that he's working well with sneaky monkey mares, have to check the rest i know just to see what is and what doesnt work with him. And the only good mares i've had is from Scout's family. Some of them were pick ups from the sales page. As for you Kay, by all means you have your boys and illiteracy but that cant be helped.
Kyasuriin Matsumoto
Hall of Fame

Post by Kyasuriin Matsumoto »

No! It wasn't, that's what kills me. It broke her wow streak. He's a nice/okay. :( Guess I feel better she wasn't leased cause if someone had gotten that, I'd feel terrible. BUT, I do think Jettin Home produces horses that can race for years (I still have yet to retire a baby of hers cause they are too fun to race), so he could get better with age, and maybe he's okay/nice because Indian Scout produces the same way? Just a thought.

The stakes was from Diary Entry, first foal from the Diaryofaredhead daughter. 2 mares I sent him were what I'd consider sub-par that I was hoping he'd improve (which accounts for two of the okay/nice babies, one of which was another Diaryofaredhead daughter). Then I sent him two "good" broodmares that produced stars with Blue and Gray. And then the last was a formidable.

In order for me to use him much this year, I would like to see a slight decrease in fee, maybe to $15k?
Gateway Farms
Chris Everett
Hall of Fame

Post by Chris Everett »

It wont happen most likely Kya. I am sorry. If he doesnt get much use im perfectly fine with that. Nothing against you or anyone else. I suppose i'll have a better idea after week 5 and the works begin to see if he's really that good or not. I'll make a decision after that for sure whether to keep him at 20k or lower him. I wont raise him up right now.
I had Sneaky Monkey mares, Prairie Gold mares and a Bob Ross and a CAM i thought was a midder. I even bred one of his grand nieces to him for the giggles and that surprised me. I donno what to tell you on that except the dynamics on the mares must have gotten updated again and we are seeing that mess now. I can say one other thing, everything i bred to him was either a A or a A-. From my prospective i suppose this will give me a better idea on bloodlines and how they've effected the foal. I get a feeling its more random that anyone cares about. I bred 5 mares to him back to back and then one towards the end of the year. And who is to say but knowing at least gives me some insight into what might and might not work for him. I know you like doing that with the CAM sires. What im waiting on is Lee to give me ideas of what her's galloped like.
Its ok, i get easily frustrated with my horses instead of letting them stick around to be honest. I don't think age matters too much in breeding or i'd like to think that doesnt matter too much. As you know, infusing new blood no matter how they turn out is a good thing and who's to say Scout will be a sire of sires, its possible he'll be a broodmare sire in the long run. Be a irl year i think before we see any real indication of that. I had Steel Toe produce a ok filly when she's a star mare and that shouldnt happened. Random slide plays a bigger role in disappointment of your good mares and you are not the only one that got bit hard on the butt there. You took a chance. In the end the Routers are still developing for paints and i think im rambling way too much now =/
Laura Smith
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Smith »

I'm very happy with mine, a scary. As far as I'm concerned, though, fee tweaks are a bit premature before they actually start running, especially with routers. I'll still use him either way.
LONG OVERDUE FARM: Keepin' it Canada since Year 16.
Stallions to meet your every need. As long as you need a turf sprinter.