Please give a warm welcome to...

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Chris Everett
Hall of Fame

Re: Please give a warm welcome to...

Post by Chris Everett »

That makes 4 scaries i know of from him so far. I dont intend on tweeking him up perse, not unless his yearlings come out with guns blazing. and god forbid the fire that would be lol but thank you for considering still supporting him Laura.
Meagan D'Amoure
Eclipse Champion

Post by Meagan D'Amoure »

I’m recommending to not raise his stud fee. He’s already the second-highest standing router stallion there is right now, and he hasn’t had any horses hit the track. Blue Merle is only $500 more than him, and Blue Merle has 69% winners, 21% stakes winners, with an average of $42,262/runner.

Right now we have 5 router stallions standing at $10,000+, all of whom are more successful than Indian Scout currently - you even have Prairie Gold who’s $5,000 less. $20,000 is EXTREMELY pricey for Paints right now, especially routers. A majority of the stallions, both the freshmen and the ones that have crops, stand for around the $5,000 mark. I even lowered Zachariah's fee because I wasn't entirely pleased with my own yearlings. And I also know there are several breeders in the Paints that will absolutely not use a stallion that is over the $10,000 mark, simply because it's often hard to make the stud fee back in earnings unless you have a really strong mare to breed to the more expensive stallions.

Also, if there’s one thing that I’ve learned, it’s that just because a horse gallops well, there’s a wide range of what those top-gallopers will do on the track. I’ve had scaries, specials, stakes, and wows, turn into complete flops on the track who couldn’t get their stuff together to get anything more than a maiden win to their name. Of course, I hope Indian Scout’s offspring will do well on the track, seeing as how I do like him.

That said, I think $20,000 is an okay price for him right now, if not a little overpriced (though I wouldn’t worry about that right now), considering he is a VERY good outcross option on Blue Max mares. That right there is what is going to make people like him regardless, but if you raise his fee, you’ll see more people sending their mares elsewhere... even if it means breeding to another stallion with Blue Max blood when they originally were not planning to. Right now there are at least 8 different stallions who do not have Blue Max on their pedigrees-- if they do, they’re way back-- so he DOES have some competition on that front if you raise the stud fee.

I don’t have a strong band of 870-yard broodmares, mostly because I don’t have the patience to wait until they’re older for them to “peak,” but I did send 3 to him and I came out with 3 greats/wings. I’m not entirely disappointed, simply because I know my router mares are lacking, but I did send Zachariah’s dam to him. I’m very interested in seeing whether or not his fillies will be successful broodmares. :)
D'Amoure Stallion Station:

Shockfly, The Purple Gentian, Rovin Gambler, Looking Golden, Panty Snatcher, Hes Crazy Pretty, Gunna Rockurworld, Debauchee, A Game Ago, Digital Rendering, Fast Flying Sir, Firemeifyouwanna, Your Jurisdiction, Zachariah.
Chris Everett
Hall of Fame

Post by Chris Everett »

Well as some of you might know, I raised up Scout's fee a bit and this has nothing to do with the foals he's sired with my barn. This had to do with me making a point to someone that doesnt listen very well. If anyone has mares they want to bred to him, pm me in game and I will refund back 15k after the mare is bred but I will make this clear, if you want the refund, you have to let me know before breeding the mare because there are certain people I will out right refuse to refund at this point in time. TO be honest and blunt there are some I dont even want them to think about using my studs because of their lack of common sense. If the only way to prevent that and deny them is to raise his fee then I have. I wont discuss this at all, I am making a statement that needs no questions ask and taking a very hard line here because I've had enough. This is all the info any one will get on this. And if someone doesnt like it, well tuff patootie, live with it.