Help Please

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Anna Leroux
Hall of Fame

Post by Anna Leroux »

Ok <a href='http://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php?HorseID=31301' target='_blank'>American Hero</a> has me stumped! He's my CAH, won a stakes his first time out way back in Year 17 and since has done absolutely nothing. I tired the blinkers par suggestion and got horrid results so I'm not using those again. I'm just confused and really want some help on this if you can spare some help. I even loaned him out to a friend to see if she could do something with him and she sent him back without much luck. Anyways help please.
Ali Weasley
Hall of Fame

Post by Ali Weasley »

He needs a vacation. I'd rest him for 5-7 weeks (really) and bring him back in an easy allowance.
Laura Ferguson
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Ferguson »

I agree - he's exhausted from running every other week. If you look at most of the big horses, they'll run five, maybe six races a year, and he's already had six races through Week 12. I suspect the ship from Chile to Emerald Downs knocked him out, and he's never really had to recover, which would explain a lot. I'd put him away until next year, and bring him back in Week 1 or 2 in an allowance. I would also add a tongue tie to the lasix when he does return to the races.
Anna Leroux
Hall of Fame

Post by Anna Leroux »

Thanks guys for that, I've sent him to Riverstone Farm to live out the rest of the season until next year. Sometimes it's easy to see the mistake of racing that much when someone else is doing it but hard to remember for myself.