Why Fallen in Battle is worth the money...

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Madelene Gilbert
Hall of Fame

Re: Why Fallen in Battle is worth the money...

Post by Madelene Gilbert »

Chani Ruzzo wrote:Just so you all know, Fibby's percentages are constantly going up with each race day, as well as his progeny earnings :)
That's AWESOME! I'm going to call him that from now on. I want to change his headshot to show his nickname. :)
Chris Everett
Hall of Fame

Post by Chris Everett »

Rofl
Jennifer Francis
Hall of Fame

Post by Jennifer Francis »

ok im just saying this much on Fibby's behalf. Out of 102 runners 63 of them have won at least there maiden races not shabby. Out of 63 runners 12 of them are stakes winners still not shabby. 7 two year olds have either won listed or graded stakes at different distances not shabby in the least. I have no idea as to whether he will produce chaser ability but I can say this for he to be able to produce stakes winners at all sprint, miler, and router in my opinion he is defiantly worth the 35k I will be sending him some mares next year. Also im jacking this thread to say breed to my aw sprint stallion Lost in Battle. Grade 2 winner and listed stakes winner. And he is only 5k and unproven :P
Got to start from the bottom to get back to the top. Just wonder how long that will take in the game and in life.
Jennifer Francis
Hall of Fame

Post by Jennifer Francis »

just went and bought two mares and sent them to him.
Got to start from the bottom to get back to the top. Just wonder how long that will take in the game and in life.
Chani Ruzzo
Hall of Fame

Post by Chani Ruzzo »

Thanks Jennifer...

Just saying:

Dirt Road Phil is in the SC AW Classic
Battlefront Love is in the SC AW Distaff
Battle Line is in the SC AW Mile
Fallen Asleep is in the SC AW Dash
Lost Gold is in the SC AW Juvenile
Falling in a Dream is in the SC AW Juvenile
Battlestar Gal is in the SC AW Juvenile Fillies

That is 3 distances covered! Go Babies
Gryphon Flight Stud, Home of Stallions: What Would You Do, Heartbrake Hotel, Remembered Soldier, Courageous Angel, Cowboy Builder, Bird Jumper, Touchdown Raiders, Dubai Awesmoness, Sikorsky, Faith in the Child, and Touchdown Dancer.
Chani Ruzzo
Hall of Fame

Post by Chani Ruzzo »

Reviving this thread :)

Yearling works are fantastic this year!

2fl on AW
Lee Cara has an unnamed filly who ran 0:24.18 (#26 out of 50 yearlings)

4fl on AW
Michael Bartholemu has an unnamed colt, bred by myself who ran 0:48.08 (#5 out of 50 yearlings) - He was one of the winners to a Fallen In Battle breeding back in Week 12 of last year :)
Lee Cara has Shot in Battle who ran 0:48.32 (#25 out of 50 yearlings)

5fl on AW
Ashley Gibson has For Our Freedom who ran 0:59.91 (#2 out of 50 yearlings) - She was also a winner of a Fallen In Battle breeding back in Week 12 of last year :)

Also: Average earnings per runner is now $32,746 how are you thinking about that 35k fee now?
Gryphon Flight Stud, Home of Stallions: What Would You Do, Heartbrake Hotel, Remembered Soldier, Courageous Angel, Cowboy Builder, Bird Jumper, Touchdown Raiders, Dubai Awesmoness, Sikorsky, Faith in the Child, and Touchdown Dancer.
Talia Ichinari
Hall of Fame

Post by Talia Ichinari »

Although I had one good foal by him, the rest of my FIB's are generally terrible and struggle to win anything really. I like him, but for me personally it's been way more miss than hit. I'd rather just keep trying other studs who are cheaper for milers. I understand why he's priced the way he is, but I'm not willing to keep ramming my head into the wall with his foals of whom the majority aren't good runners and don't seem to be producers either. Could just be my crappy mare quality though.
Chani Ruzzo
Hall of Fame

Post by Chani Ruzzo »

Funny Talia, I buy a lot of yours(and everyone elses) FIB rejects.. and find they aren't successful either on the mainstream tracks but they plug away nicely for me in Alaska...maybe he doesn't like stellar mares? He's been crossing well with my mediocre herd
Talia Ichinari
Hall of Fame

Post by Talia Ichinari »

Most of mine are actually rather mediocre and I'd considered sending him nicer mares but I'm just having no luck with and I can't afford to keep experimenting with him to see if I can find something that works. Lost Gold's done nothing since he was two so that one's turned into a dud to me.
Chani Ruzzo
Hall of Fame

Post by Chani Ruzzo »

just a thought.. try putting Lost Gold on that 2 week schedule again.. I think he liked it as a youngster
Talia Ichinari
Hall of Fame

Post by Talia Ichinari »

I don't own him anymore. I gelded him (and did try the two week schedule last year but he didn't respond at all) and put him in a claimer. He just completely fell apart after his two year old year.
Talia Ichinari
Hall of Fame

Post by Talia Ichinari »

Oh wait no he was GP'd. Mostly because he wasn't even placing in allowances. My bad.
Ashley Gibson
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Ashley Gibson »

But on the flip side.. I don't have great mares, and he seems to be golden for me. First I got Fallen Behind and now For Our Freedom. Now to have the same luck with the other divisions...
"I think it needs to be reiterated that Ashley Gibson is my hero.." - John Slotman (March 4, 2010 0757)

4:16 PM [John Slotman] I don't even know where to start.
4:16 PM [John Slotman] Except I heart Ashley.
Michael Bartholemu
Two Year Old

Post by Michael Bartholemu »

Hi,
just to mention that my 'un-named colt' has, since running 48.08 @ 4f AW,
done 1:00.00 @ 5f, 1:12.28 @6f & 1:25.90 @ 7f.
Looks promising. I should try him on dirt too, I guess.

Also, I recently retired an AW sprint filly & just out of curiosity, hypo'd her with FIB.
B on flat but A- for steeple :shock:
Surprised me to get such a steeple rating out of a sprint mare (I'm assuming A- is good).
Anyway, breeding done - will be interesting to see how the foal turns out.

Michael