where to house my AW milers

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Dusty Klatt
Classic Contender

where to house my AW milers

Post by Dusty Klatt »

so I am trying to decide where to house my AW miler mares whether in CA or CAN or IL or GBR.. any advice would help. If anyone owns any farms for 5$ near these locations too please let me know because i have about 40 mares and foals that I would like to have somewhere.

& if anyone needs help filling spots in their farm i have about 75-80 mares that if you could help with shipping costs id love to house in any particular farm.

dusty
Karl Smythe
Hall of Fame

Re: where to house my AW milers

Post by Karl Smythe »

Dusty,

I don't think you have to move your mares specifically according to the distance/surface as you can wait until the 2 year old is closer to racing before deciding where they will race.
Real nice works will point you in the direction of nicer races (graded stakes - stakes) and others with ok works (allowance) will go race elsewhere. You will make your decision where to race (racetrack) based on this criterion. Your cheaper horses may end up in Alaska.
Lots of time to decide if you want.

Hope this helps in your decision process.

Smythe
Is the glass half full? or half empty?
Marzy Dotes
Hall of Fame

Re: where to house my AW milers

Post by Marzy Dotes »

I'd keep the mares at a cheap farm within reasonable distance of USA, Canada but not worry about the runners until later on. If they were runners themselves, then more than likely they're already in the vicinity anyway. The gallops, works and progression of them can help as said, to pick where to race them.

You might ship some runners to Sunday Park which has a nice program. Some good money to be made there.
"Fools live to regret their words, wise men to regret their silence."

---Author, Will Henr

"All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing."

---Edmund Burke