Week 13 Results

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Ara Davies
Hall of Fame

Post by Ara Davies »

EVEREST WON THE ENGLISH TRIPLE CROWN!!!!!!!!

After years of pestering Emily to add the St Leger so I could have a chance at it, I have finally achieved my dream. And for it to be from a family that has been with me almost since my early days in the SIM means a great deal to me.

I love Everest with all my heart. :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

So...I guess this means I do have to run him in the BC Turf, as promised?
You're not getting a dead button...in fits of rage, John Slotman and Ara Davies and Jolene Danner would literally kill half their barns.
- The Steward

That's my new motto: Don't quit, just shut up.
- Bryan Doolittle
Ryen Hanna
Eclipse Champion

Post by Ryen Hanna »

So I'm assuming this is the results thread? Haha. I only ran 5, all of them brought home a check. I had a stakes win with <a href='http://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php?HorseID=26214' target='_blank'>Blushing</a>, her first. I'm kind of in love with her family. :)
Jackie
Sprinter

Post by Jackie »

Congrats Ara!

I only had three horses run this week and sadly they all did quite poorly.
Steph Lonhro
Hall of Fame

Post by Steph Lonhro »

congrats Ara on the English Triple Crown

I had a beyond awesome week, even though I thought it was going to be a horrible week :lol: anyhow I won my largest sum of money at $50,800, no stakes races

but my record for the week is:

9: 5 - 1 - 2 $50,800

wins:

Scoundrel and Potions both 2 yr olds took their respective maiden races, happy with Scoundrel(thanks Brit) was hoping for his race to be my best one of the night since he showed promise in some of the races he was in, and Potions continues to surprise me, also taking home maiden wins was Hostile, who I just purchased on the sales page a week and a half ago and Cat Wells, my lil storm cat filly, winning a non winners of 2 race against some tough horses was Stormy's Smarts, who is now proving to me that a mile is his distance

the rest:

Orabrab shipped off to northlands to try a turf race going a mile and an eighth, thought it would be a stretch for him, his dam's 4 races were between 6 and 6 1/2 furlongs, but he did really good considering he had a bad start, fighting with fury brings home more money finishing in 3rd and all I can say is it is about time, Sheba's Gold finally woke up and finished 3rd, happy with that, now to work on his running line lol Danzig's Cat my only other runner also brought home money finishing in 4th might cut some distance off of her again

Trainer Stats for Year 18: 74 : 18 - 11 - 10 Win-24.3% OTB-52.7%
Stakes Wins: 0 I Maiden Wins: 12 I 2 Year Old Wins: 3

I have surpassed my goals for this year so I am happy
Selati(dirt miler) $15k NY
Lani(unspecified type) $30k in NY
Lead the Crowd(turf miler) $15k NY
Sarah Chase
Hall of Fame

Post by Sarah Chase »

Congrats Ara! *sneaks Everest carrot*

I had an incredible week. 13 : 7 - 0 - 2. Con beat a quality field in the Gazelle and Spoof took the KY Cup Distaff. Dreaming of Stars, Happier Past, Itsokaytobelieve, and Let Him Fly all won their respective races, and Lord's Prayer won a NW3.

Sooo happy! :wub:
Frayed - $75,000
Liveinthemoment - $25,000
Same - $10,000
It's Been Awhile - $10,000
Grindelwald - $10,000
Skywatching - $7,500
Lauren Haggerty
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Lauren Haggerty »

My best week in a long long while!

Seconds from Endarkened and Nightengale. Wins from Borrow the Moon, Clear Blue Sky, Lightfromtheshadow, Wordsicantexpress, and No Giggling. But the best was Hope Awaits win in her allowance. That's her second win and I'm totally stoked. I love this horse.

Almost everyone else brought home a check, so it was good.
Peihe Sun
Eclipse Champion

Post by Peihe Sun »

I had a great week! Another 5 wins. :D Cincy Star, Caliph, Graduation, and Home Advantage all won their claimers while Magica won her NW3! PLUS I had a 2yo place third in a maiden. :) And some other placings in allowance/maiden races.

I claimed one horse - Successful Find, who I had been eyeing for a while. Emily finally dropped him down to my price range and I promptly snatched him up. It was great to see he'd won his maiden claimer, also! ;)

Congrats Ara!
Warpath,
Faithful, Light of the Moon,
Unashamed, Clear Blue Sky
Teri Lawrence
Eclipse Champion

Post by Teri Lawrence »

Highlights:

Gospel Truth - third in a steeplechase allowance. He's not doing bad.

Ile de Paris - second over a mile, wants more distance, probably a bit more maturity too.

Kitty Gaze - after bringing home a check in every race so far, broke her maiden in Chile by 1 1/2 lengths. Blinkers seem to have made the difference, but I'm thrilled...her dam never won a penny and she seems to be better than her maiden winning older brother, too.

Pardoned broke *his* maiden...which was also pleasing. I have less maidens each week, it seems.

The Entertainer also broke his maiden over the sticks. As I was saying...
Chinese Wizard - dirt router
Docile - turf sprinter and steeplechaser
Ile de Paris - top turf router
Le Chateau Magique - dirt router
Le Dauphin Noir - turf router and European HOTY
Mid Air Collision - dirt miler
Paris Cubed - turf miler and router
Janey Adams
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Janey Adams »

23: 5-4-0....This was a good week for me! I had wins by MONTSTROKED who is now headed to the BC Turf Mile!!!!

Historic went back to his running second ways with a second in a Grade 1!

Alize, Out, and Hurricane Hunter all broke their maidens!

Songremainsthesame won her claimer and then was claimed!

All but 6 brought home a check so a really good week!

Earnings of $250,950
Ali Weasley
Hall of Fame

Post by Ali Weasley »

I had a really good week. Went 10:4-2-1

Two stakes winners in Testament and Indubitably on their respective coasts! Testament just keeps going out there and showing me he's the real deal! He makes me very :wub: ! Indubitably kicked bum in the Cal Cup Sprint, too, which was very nice. After those finishes I was freaking out wondering which should go to the BC, then I realized I forgot to nominate Indubitably. D'oh!

Got a stakes placing with Toujours Occupe. I just sold her half brother in my mini-auction, so congrats to Jarrn on a good buy!

Starlet finally came out of her shell and won a nice allowance somewhere on the SIM globe at Northlands. Seriously, where the H is Northlands?

And one of the more horrifyingly in-bred foals I've ever created broke his maiden, as well. Beyond is 2x4x4 to Silver Charm. Oh heavens what was I thinking?

Good week for me. Especially including the $700k+ I made in my auction. Thanks to all my buyers!
Becca Banner
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Becca Banner »

I had an excellent week. Very proud of my babies, they've really been showing off this year and I couldn't be happier.

8: 2-1-0 with two 4ths and a 5th.

My two winners were entirely expected. Yamikishi raced away with an easy win over Inspired Strike in the G1 Gran Premio Ciudad de Buenos Aires. I was mildly concerned about the distance being to short for him but he always does mama proud. Laury DS won her allowance in Japan as well by more then a length. My second place winner was How The Story Ends in her stakes, KY Cup Juvi Fillies. Again, doesn't surprise me much, as it wasn't her prefered distance. I'm still on the fence about whether to send her to the BC Juvi Fillies or not. I'd appreciate suggestions on that.

Well, lovely week and all that :) Congrats to Ara and Everest!
At Stud:

Yamikishi - Winner of multiple stakes, including Steward's Cup Sprint. Sire of stakes winning sprinters, like Heroism. Stands for $10,000.

Journey's End Farms : Board $15/week
Scott Eiland
Hall of Fame

Post by Scott Eiland »

I had another fine week!

7:1-0-3 with three fourth place finishes. Only one horse (a claimer) didn't bring home a check, so my stable is in FINE shape.

Lucrezia Borgia won the Miss Grillo Stakes and will go in to the Breeders Cup Juvenile Fillies Turf at Arlington Week 16. Go LUCREZIA!

My only real disappointment is the realization that I need to ease off the competition for my precocious colt Land Before Time, who probably needs an allowance race or something to get confidence back.

Miler Chocolate War finished third out of four in a CA-bred stakes race.

Honestly, things are going better than expected. Regularly getting input helps. A lot.
Host of the Hold All Tickets podcast on my own website. Your internet pal.
Emily Mitchell
Hall of Fame

Post by Emily Mitchell »

Well, I am really bummed out by a few things about this week. Mainly by Seven Wonders and Successinthecity. I'm not sure what the heck I'm going to do with either of them. Maybe one last easy race and call it quits.

But to focus on the positive...

Firestorm won the second leg of the late Puerto Rico Triple Crown. He'll now try for the third leg. Too bad I didn't get him down there soon enough for the first leg!
Criminal is now finely tuned and ready for the BC Juv. Sprint after winning the 2 furlong Rocket Man Stakes this week.
Pacific Sunset rocked my world. She won the Florida Juvenile Fillies by 3 1/2 lengths over some nice fillies.
Dreamanditwillcome ran a fantastic race to finish 2nd in a G1 in Brazil. Beat some nice colts, too. So I'm very pleased with her. She'll go in the Estrellas Distaff next.
My homebreds Seasparklessobrite and Festive Occasion (by Performing Magic) finished 1-2 in the Kewney Stakes (G2) in Australia.

Just Like Juliet (Elvstroem x Anatonia Bin) broke her maiden by 2 in her second start. Heist (First Samurai x Collusion) is uber cool. He won for the second time in a row, taking a NW3 race by 2. Favorite Spot (Shirocco x Soft Touch) took home an allowance. Dance to the Beat (Dance in the Dark x Viva La Flag) won an allowance in Japan bringing her record to 3:2-1-0... one win on the dirt and one on the turf.

I had a bunch more (less important) wins that I had typed out... but they made this post crazy, crazy long. So I trimmed.
RIVERSTONE FARM ~ Home of Champions ~ Farms in Kentucky, Germany, and Japan ~
Angela Dee Cochran
Eclipse Champion

Post by Angela Dee Cochran »

my week was dissapointing. my filly Barred came in 3rd when I was sure shed either win or get a 2nd. I think Graded stakes might be just a bit much for her.

on the other hand I did have Unbound pick up his maiden win this week. pleased with that.

9 of 12 horses came home with a check and that is something to be thankful for.
Perfect Night
Standing in France for $35k
South American Champion Two Year Old Male
North American Champion Turf Sprinter
Year 26 Steward Cup Turf Sprint Winner
Year 25 Los Campeones Juniors Sprint Winner
Katy Turner
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Katy Turner »

Very, very good week. I ran 9: 2-2-1 for earnings of $184,180.

Highlight of the week: Rise to the Test won the Matron Stakes over some of the best older mares out there. I'm pretty sure that'll be her last race this year, but she was a perfect 5 for 5 this year, with 4 grade 1 wins.

Corso also broke his maiden going a mile at Calder. My Girl Friday finished third in a stakes in Germany against some very nice fillies. Hiawatha finished second in a steeplechase allowance and Crystal Summons was second in an allowance in New Zealand.

Congratulations to Ara and Everest on your Triple Crown win! :)