Week 13 Results

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Stacy Sli
Classic Contender

Post by Stacy Sli »

Congratulations Ara! I had a terrible week. My best horses running performed horribly..but I did have a two year old break his maiden! ;)
Standing millionare Scientist (FRA) Earnings: $1,073,140
Total Points: 659
AW Points: 317
'Chasing Points: 342
Total Stats: 33: 16-12-3
'Chasing: 14: 8-5-1
Sire: Colorado Dam: Agronomist
Stud Fee: $25,000
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormy Peak »

Ara Davies wrote: EVEREST WON THE ENGLISH TRIPLE CROWN!!!!!!!!
Congratulations

With a name like Everest, it sounds like you expected big things of him anyways. :)

I had only 3 horses run this week...two were finished way back - bargain horses I'm still trying to figure out.

But my 2 yr. old gelding, Bus Boy, finish 2nd for me in a $30,000 maiden turf race in Ireland. He was beaten by a head by
Dark Shadows, owned by Ronda Figal...Congrats to Ronda on that win : )

This was his first race for me, but for his former owner, (Emily Mitchell) he had ran 3 times and had 2 seconds and 1 third. This was his last race of the year, but I hope that next year, in his 3 year old season, I will see him break his maiden. : )

Stormy
SIRES: Turf Routers - Each multiple G1 winners

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
John Slotmon
Hall of Fame

Post by John Slotmon »

Given that race times are supposed to be more reflective of a horse's actual ability, I was genuinely hoping to see Rise to the Test give the BC Mile a shot after scorching a decent field over a mile in 1:35 and three. Man, I knew Jolly Good would probably get smoked by Seven Wonders, but Rise to the Test is the "balls" as Ron Burgundy would say. I can see how she'd be given a rest though having raced five times in nine weeks.

Jolly Good saw her five race winning streak snapped to the previously mentioned Rise to the Test, but she did manage to beat Seven Wonders who I've always had absolute GREAT respect for in the SIM. Those are probably three of the best miler fillies and mares out there. Depending on the schedule, Jolly Good could still make a start in the Breeders Cup Mile. If you figure a length in racing is equal to something like 1/5 of a second, she still ran pretty well.

Be My Faith continues to absolutely bewilder me. I have tried to emulate what her full older sister has done - all the way down to the same equipment - yet she still ends up on the short end of these fields. I'm at my wit's end, though no, I still don't want to sell.

Odessa FINALLY broke her maiden thanks to some helpful advice from Mallory. In Japan she will stay for the time being.

ALl in all, a decent week. I had one of my not so good mares claimed and I know she's going to be bred immediately. Hate to see that happen. My win percent is still a little down from last year, but my on the board percentage is now up a full five percent from year 17.
"John Slotman and <name redacted> are always sooooo amazingly generous with new and struggling players- I think we all thank you!" - April Eddy, 3/6/2012
Erin Sanderson
Hall of Fame

Post by Erin Sanderson »

Congrats Ara!! That's exciting :D

Myself, I didn't have all that great of a week. Only one of mine finished on the board. That was Royal Celebre in a $40,000 claimer at Remington Park. I also had a fourth place in my last new players race with Speak Now. He's a nice little horse. I'm still trying to figure him all the way out.

I did claim a really nice colt in Haunt, a son of Ghostzapper. He was second in his race. I'm glad to have him, I'm obsessed with Ghosty!

Total record for week 13: 7-0-0-1 $8,700.
First Faith Thoroughbreds

Home of stallions War Like Me, Can't Take the Sky, Browncoat, Forte, Prodigal Son, and more!
Rebecca Rose Hepburn
Hall of Fame

Post by Rebecca Rose Hepburn »

Congrats Ara on Everest's win!

8-2-0-1 with 6 horses bringing in a check. Pretty good week I say :)

Day Job and Run Not Walk both broke their maiden's impressivly at first asking for me. I got both of them when Em was doing that massive dispersale a few weeks ago. Thanks Em! :D

My other on the board was Canoodle, who finished 3rd in a maiden chase. For all that i'm glad he's hitting the board i'm starting to regret not keeping him as a flat runner. Oh well, live and learn.

As for the rest, nothing to extrodinary. Latin Music was 4th in the cal cup mile, which isn't saying much as there were four horses lol. Looking at him I think the poor boy has deffinfitly lost a step since last year, and will probably be going to the jumps next year.

Managed to get both my claims in Sobresala and Gallant Bess, very excited about that too :)
A horse is the projection of peoples' dreams about themselves - strong, powerful, beautiful - and it has the capability of giving us escape from our mundane existence.- Pam Brown
Anna Leroux
Hall of Fame

Post by Anna Leroux »

Raced two horses a 4th and 5th but pleased with the results;

Be A Hero went 1 1/2 miles in a turf maiden race and took fifth with a very good running line, so I'm going to try him a bit shorter then that and see

Black Cat Crossing took 4th in an allowance, again pleased. The horse I thought was just a claimer is doing ok at the allowance ranks, probably not retiring him this year after all as he seems to be improving with age.

EDIT: and claimed a two year old I Eat My Own Kind who took secondd in his race.
Nikki Everdeen
Hall of Fame

Post by Nikki Everdeen »

Yuck... Won two races, one of those winners was claimed, and the rest didn't run very well. Sad indeed.
Inspiration Stud
Standing quality Appaloosas, Arabians, Paints, Quarter Horses, and Thoroughbreds
Gabby O'Toole
Turf Router

Post by Gabby O'Toole »

My results:

Seer won his BC Mile prep quite nicely, the 70k, 1 1/16th Texas Horse Racing Hall of Fame Stakes. The BC Mile will be his last start, then he's off to stud. I'll miss him, but he's done me proud.

Melhor Ainda's daughter Ancora finished 3rd in her allowance. She's a nice filly, finishing ITM 7 of 8 starts. I hope to get some blacktype with her next year.

Bullet finsihed 2nd in his allowance to Tormenta Costera AGAIN. He'll race as a 5yo, hopefully winning some blacktype.

Girl Gets Boy, a 50k purchase from Daryl, finished 3rd in her maiden. She'll get lasix next out. Her female family is great.. 2nd dam is Jewel Princess, who produced SIM Millionaires Bandit, Contest, Guilty Treasure, Loki Charm, Pathfinder, and Stag. The family seems to be dirt, but she prefers turf sprinting. Haha. :P

Burnish, one of only two foals of Burning Roma in the SIM, finished 2nd in a maiden. She was a bargain at 20k. Thanks Jolene.. if you ever want to sell the other one, let me know.. :-)

Hopeful Legacy came the closest he's ever come to breaking his maiden, finishing 2nd by a 1/4 length. Frustrating..

I have two full siblings - Sinnful Music and Sinful Pleasures. SP the 2yo, got her first in the board placing.. finished 2nd. SM finished 2nd.
Rob Canterbury
Eclipse Champion

Post by Rob Canterbury »

My best week for earnings yet...

9 running 2-1-0 (all of the other 6 in 4th)

So I ot a check from everyone

One of my winners was claimed... put I claimed a winner as well... so thats a wash!

38 k in winnings... next week I lose my trial park rights... do I get a present for graduating out of the rookie ranks?

Thanks for all the help everyone..

-rob
Live Strong- Baltimore crown champion- dirt route
Its a Gamble--MONSTER!
Afriad to Lead-- SC winner
Amy Alyssa
Turf Router

Post by Amy Alyssa »

I had a grand week this week - 4 wins, all very excited for them. I love good weeks! :)

Congrats to all and to Ara, for that wonderful accomplishment!
Amy Alyssa
Vet School + The Sim = ?
Dave Shields
Eclipse Champion

Post by Dave Shields »

Congrats Ara! B) Threeten Doitagain was trying but Everest had the better run, maybe someday they'll meet up again. ;)

Bara and Wonder, this weeks power duo on their final races before the grand finale at Breeders Cup. Cheers to the ladies!

It was a good week, 2 other winners and many hit the board or at least brought in a check. Yeah there were the "others" too, but they still get kudos for trying.

:)
Friedrich Barbarossa
Hall of Fame

Post by Friedrich Barbarossa »

Congrats on the English TC....

I went 6:0-2-1 (and 2 4ths and a 7th).

Nearly everyone picked up a check which was nice. 2 of my starters were making their first start for my stable this week, Alex's Lemonade and Exaltation came home 2nd and 3rd, respectively. Not bad.

I finally had success with a claim picking up Look at That, so that's where all my winnings went this week.
Gabby O'Toole
Turf Router

Post by Gabby O'Toole »

Dave Shields wrote: Congrats Ara! B) Threeten Doitagain was trying but Everest had the better run, maybe someday they'll meet up again. ;)

Bara and Wonder, this weeks power duo on their final races before the grand finale at Breeders Cup. Cheers to the ladies!

It was a good week, 2 other winners and many hit the board or at least brought in a check. Yeah there were the "others" too, but they still get kudos for trying.

:)
Have you seen Wonder's 3/4 sister? I'm expecting big things from her.. I hope anyway.

<a href='http://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php?HorseID=37730' target='_blank'>For All Eternity</a>
Peter Gleason
Hall of Fame

Post by Peter Gleason »

Weird Week for me...some good highs, but some horses who I expected would go close to winning ran down the track

Good stuff...

Tormenta Costera won his allowance in Barbados, bouncing back from his unexpected 6th last time. He'll go to the 6F 3yo race in Louisiana where Im preety confident he'll run into Comfort, who has won 2 races since they last met. It'll be a good race.

Relativity, a last minute purchase, won a maiden in Japan. (I just realised he beat another of Gabby's...man I feel bad now)

Happliy Ever After won her second race in a row in Rome. I'm not sure if I'll retire her at the end of the year or not.

2nd's to Arkansas and Secret Forest and 3rd's to Snakebite and My Swan Song

Congrats to evryone this week
Peter
Big Changes Electrocutionist x Subtle Admiration (Future Hero) $5K
Forty Four Years Worlds Abound x October Magic (Lokite Magic) $1K
Piston Azamour x Ipi Tombe (Manshood) $7.5K
Carolyn Eaton
Hall of Fame

Post by Carolyn Eaton »

I only had two wins - but one of those Risk Seeking won the G2 Premio Archimedia! So I'm pretty happy.
I'm just here for the fun of it