Scratching From A Stakes Race

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormy Peak »

If a horse is entered into a stakes race, and then scratched for whatever reason, is the entry fee refunded...or does one lose their entry money?

Stormy
SIRES: Turf Routers - Each multiple G1 winners

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
Becca Banner
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Becca Banner »

I don't think you're charged the entry fee at all unless the horse actually runs the race. I've switched stakes races before and haven't been charged any fee other then the shipping of the horse.
At Stud:

Yamikishi - Winner of multiple stakes, including Steward's Cup Sprint. Sire of stakes winning sprinters, like Heroism. Stands for $10,000.

Journey's End Farms : Board $15/week
Anna Leroux
Hall of Fame

Post by Anna Leroux »

You're not charged until the race is run so if you scratch you only lose out on shipping
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormy Peak »

Becca Banner wrote: I don't think you're charged the entry fee at all unless the horse actually runs the race. I've switched stakes races before and haven't been charged any fee other then the shipping of the horse.
Thanks all.

I had several race entrees opened for one horse...comparing distance travel time and conditions..and then decided on the race...a stakes race...and hit 'enter'...but forgot to place the equipment I wanted on my horse :blink: :rolleyes: So I had to scratch her and add the equipment and then enter her again.

I wasn't sure where my money balance was at before entering her - as I had been shipping and entering horses for quite a while and lost track...so I couldn't figure it from that end.

Stormy
SIRES: Turf Routers - Each multiple G1 winners

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000