I'm Hot to Rock update and broodmare sire potential

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Matt Feldman
Turf Router

I'm Hot to Rock update and broodmare sire potential

Post by Matt Feldman »

I'm Hot To Rock has been holding his own as a stallion, with a % of Runners/Winners rate of 46.6%. This compares very favorably to his contemporaries such as Up Around the Bend (45.9%) and Dreams of Cash (41.9%). Only Victory Palace (55%) stands out from this group. Unfortunately, I'm Hot to Rock has not gotten that one big runner, so his Average $ Per Runner is lagging.

However, its possible that he might be a better broodmare sire than a racing sire. To date, he is the dam sire of 1 yearling and 3 foals (his oldest fillies are only three). All of their owners' were nice enough to share their information with me: three of these fillies have been checked by the Bloodstock Agent, and all were Stars. The one yearling is a Wow. I also retired two of his fillies this week and both were rated Stars.

Of course, this is a very small sample size but I believe it is meaningful to a certain degree. Trotter breeding still seems to be somewhat random but I believe that this will change soon and pedigree will be important. (It might have changed already if someone didn't retire a great class of horses without any offspring- I'm looking at you, Devil in a Dress!). When the bloodlines do become clear, breeders are going to want Star mares. If it turns out that I'm Hot to Rock is a great broodmare sire, his fee might not stay at $10,000 for long.
Act Out Multiple Grade 1 Winning Dirt Miler - $10,000

Many Names Multiple Grade 1 Winning Dirt Miler - $10,000