Potential to Natural

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Garylynn Farms
Classic Contender

Potential to Natural

Post by Garylynn Farms »

I just bought this MARE back. When I got rid of her she was a potential jumper when she was jump tested again she was a Natural. I never really retested my potentials. I guess if gallops can change then so can a horses jumping status. Has anyone else had this happen?
Last edited by Garylynn Farms 11 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Chani Ruzzo
Hall of Fame

Re: Potential to Natural

Post by Chani Ruzzo »

It was said one day a few years ago that it would. But this is news to me
Gryphon Flight Stud, Home of Stallions: What Would You Do, Heartbrake Hotel, Remembered Soldier, Courageous Angel, Cowboy Builder, Bird Jumper, Touchdown Raiders, Dubai Awesmoness, Sikorsky, Faith in the Child, and Touchdown Dancer.
Lucas Davenport
Eclipse Champion

Post by Lucas Davenport »

I've never had that happen either. Maybe Em could weigh in on this issue???????????

BTW, in a similar but different game change: I assume I'm not the only one to notice the speed figures "some potentials" can get have gone up significantly. Used to be 85 was the top they could get, then it became 87, and of late I've seen a 91. Maybe this has been posted elsewhere, or not........ Any comments about this...................
The Hub Group of Farms: where saving your boarding and shipping dollars is always a priority, especially when you don't know where the next race will take your horse.
Garylynn Farms
Classic Contender

Post by Garylynn Farms »

I think the speed figures need to adjusted. I have horses now who win their maiden with a 100 and eventually end up running in claimers.

I would like to see another comment added for jumpers. To me a natural jumper could be anything similar to a wings or a stakes gallop for flat horses. While a potential is more like a nice gallop. I think a third comment like "this horse is superior jumper" whould be like a stakes/wow type comment.
Three Crowns Racing
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Three Crowns Racing »

Gary Fishbough wrote:I think the speed figures need to adjusted. I have horses now who win their maiden with a 100 and eventually end up running in claimers.

I would like to see another comment added for jumpers. To me a natural jumper could be anything similar to a wings or a stakes gallop for flat horses. While a potential is more like a nice gallop. I think a third comment like "this horse is superior jumper" whould be like a stakes/wow type comment.
It would be nice if speed figures could be adjusted a little, but to me a 100 in a maiden is kinda like a high 70s or 80 in a maiden for a router; it means they were far and away the top of the class for that particular race, but it doesn't necessarily mean they are fit to run in stakes (or even allowance) races. If they run a 100 in a NW or difficult claimer, then I start to get a little excited.
Lee Cara
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Lee Cara »

I would love to see an Extra gallop comment that is greater than the current natural.