Invalid Entry

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Martin Pennington
Hall of Fame

Post by Martin Pennington »

I got an error message when I hit the back button having entered my colt Calm in the QEII at England. Something along the lines of "Entry not valid (did you do something sneaky?)"

Only thing I did was enter and scratch him I think twice in the allowance as had been planning to use lasix on him. The allowance is at the same track.

I'm just confused at the moment - it's entered him ok on the screen though :blink:
Laura Ferguson
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Ferguson »

You probably double-clicked, or had two windows open so it thought you were either trying to enter the horse twice in the same race, or in two different races for the same week. If he's showing up as entered on the race entry page, you're fine.
Martin Pennington
Hall of Fame

Thanks Laura :)

Wasn't expecting an answer for ages either - it's 1am (I think)
S.C. Burns

Post by S.C. Burns »

If you enter a horse, and then hit the back button to change equipment, and then reenter your horse in the same race, it'll give you that message.

If you want to change equipment, you actually have to scratch your horse completely and then completely reenter it. It's kind of a "blink and you'll miss it" thing, but if you had looked at the field when you were entering your equipment (the second time), your horse was probably on that list.

In essence, the SIM's brain is saying, "Whoa, dude. Your horse is already entered. *?"
Martin Pennington
Hall of Fame

That's the thing SC I didn't try and re-enter, did an awful lot of scratching and re-entering for the Allowance race before changing goals :)

Did have both the Sim and Talking Horses open though :lol: