Trotter and pacer times

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Steve Nelson
Two Year Old

Trotter and pacer times

Post by Steve Nelson »

Just getting started in standardbreds. What are good workout times for each that I should be looking for? Trotters is under 1:55:00 OK?

Pacers under 1:52?
Gigi Gofaster
Hall of Fame

Re: Trotter and pacer times

Post by Gigi Gofaster »

Welcome to harness racing!
This: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=28753 (thanks Abe!!!)
will give you a good idea generally of where workouts fall. I don't know pacers, but in trotters anything under 1:55 will likely be handy enough, but there are plenty of 1:55-plus horses that earn in lesser races. With addition of new tracks this year, hopefully we'll see more 'median' type workers earning better money, and the good news is, they can usually be had for very little, even free.
"I was afraid of Gigi, it was true." Oh yes. Be afraid. Be very afraid...
"Gigi, you continue to impress the heck out of me." - The Steward. Okay, it was 10 RL years ago, but I'm keeping it.
Steve Nelson
Two Year Old

Post by Steve Nelson »

Thanks so much..link was very helpful.
Joe Bengston
Turf Router

Post by Joe Bengston »

also even though workout times help to tell how good your horse might be, you still can't solely base it off of that as some horses improve once they age and get older. or with some of my harness horses they get worse lol.
I'm Joe bengston in the Sim, so just call me Joe.