Week 14 Results

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Chris Carman
Derby Contender

Post by Chris Carman »

2-1-0-0

Was a fairly good week, Cold Heart won his Allowance, but Nicaragua didn't run well in his Maiden as he was 5th. Things really pick up for my barn Weeks 15 and 16.
Chase Downing
Two Year Old

Post by Chase Downing »

LOL, I honestly have no clue. Stretch him out to a mile next year or keep him sprinting? I guess its a good problem to have haha.
Anna Leroux
Hall of Fame

Post by Anna Leroux »

I got a 2nd with Make Out in then Generous Stakes, a 3rd with Arravision in the Cardinal Handicap, and two fifths. The rest were lackluster
Eric Nalbone
Hall of Fame

Post by Eric Nalbone »

Chase Downing wrote: LOL, I honestly have no clue. Stretch him out to a mile next year or keep him sprinting? I guess its a good problem to have haha.
The answer to this one is easy. Oratorio ran well over 8-12f, your colt's half sister has won six of the most prestigious turf races for female milers in the game, and there's no money to be made with turf sprinters.

Follow the money, at least until your horse tells you its a bad idea. Its entirely possible he'll be a BETTER horse at 8f than he is sprinter, soo... stretch him out to a mile and see what happens.
John Slotmon
Hall of Fame

Post by John Slotmon »

On the train to the plane to take me to Louisville and the Oaks/Derby. High Heels!

Anywho, I had one of those weeks where erstwhile misplaced runners somehow came out with unexpected wins. The funniest running lines of mine are for my filly Pastel Gal, who finishes in third like clockwork - seven times now in 14 career starts, all since I've had her! I had a couple of maiden scores, but nothing huge this week aside from a second in a minor stake. Weeks 15 and hopefully 16 will see a bit more action from my stable.
"John Slotman and <name redacted> are always sooooo amazingly generous with new and struggling players- I think we all thank you!" - April Eddy, 3/6/2012
Amanda O'Brien
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Amanda O'Brien »

Chase Downing wrote: Test Your Stength won the Golden Slipper! Now I don't know what to do with him.
Thats brilliant news!! Oratarios are going from strength to strength now! Grab him whilst his fee is still low!

Which totally makes up for my one runner ROUNDUP who showed nothing and will now be moved to the turf just to see if i can perk up his interest - otherwise its off the vets for him.
Jarrett Wells
Sprinter

Post by Jarrett Wells »

Thanks to Iron City's 1 3/4 length win in the Breeder's Futurity, I now have a G1 winner in my barn. Now I have to decided if I want to bring him back on short rest in the BC Juvy...
Friedrich Barbarossa
Hall of Fame

Post by Friedrich Barbarossa »

A little bummed this week, I thought Ceasar Augustus was primed to take the Joe Hirsch for my 1st G1 but Voltaic got his revenge for 3 weeks ago and beat him to the wire. Perhaps we have the makings of a rivalry here. B) Ce'st la vie, I suppose 2nd ain't the end of the world.

The rest of my starters, strictly mid pack stuff.

Back to the drawing board...and the auctions page...and the sales page...
Gabby O'Toole
Turf Router

Post by Gabby O'Toole »

My 'chaser Dreadnaught won a G1.. Cool. :D
Ali Weasley
Hall of Fame

Post by Ali Weasley »

RoldGold wrote: A little bummed this week, I thought Ceasar Augustus was primed to take the Joe Hirsch for my 1st G1 but Voltaic got his revenge for 3 weeks ago and beat him to the wire. Perhaps we have the makings of a rivalry here. B) Ce'st la vie, I suppose 2nd ain't the end of the world.

The rest of my starters, strictly mid pack stuff.

Back to the drawing board...and the auctions page...and the sales page...
I was way nervous about Caesar, obviously, but I'm proud of my boy. I'd be way excited if we ended up with a nifty little rivalry. Voltaic is going to Saudi Arabia for next season. Where's Mr. Augustus going?
Martin Pennington
Hall of Fame

Post by Martin Pennington »

Surely it should be Emperor Augustus? :P
Friedrich Barbarossa
Hall of Fame

Post by Friedrich Barbarossa »

Ali LaDuke wrote: I was way nervous about Caesar, obviously, but I'm proud of my boy.  I'd be way excited if we ended up with a nifty little rivalry.  Voltaic is going to Saudi Arabia for next season.  Where's Mr. Augustus going?
You should be, Voltaic is one heck of a nice horse. I was definitely expecting him to have a say in the outcome yesterday.

I shipped Caesar right off to England last night (I think the plane just landed) but I'm not 100% sure where he'll run next. I'm considering entering him in the Champion Stakes in week 16. That's a quick turnaround though with some travel so we'll see, he shipped all over the place earlier this season too so I'm still not sure about that entry.

If I don't enter him in the Champion Stakes there's a good chance he'll end up at Nad al Sheba next season, actually there's a good chance he'll end up there regardless, so Voltaic and Caesar may meet again next season...and hopefully more than once! B)
Faith Powers
Derby Contender

Post by Faith Powers »

Joy WON the GIII Michigan Oaks :D :D :D
Erin Sanderson
Hall of Fame

Post by Erin Sanderson »

Well, again, nowhere near as exciting as you guys :) All I've got is a maiden claiming score with Dreams Not Lost, a second place with old Street Fighter in a maiden claiming, and two thirds with You Promised and Scene Stealer, both in maidens. My horses just don't seem to do well once they break their maidens, as evidenced by Gold Sovereign's incredibly poor finish...
First Faith Thoroughbreds

Home of stallions War Like Me, Can't Take the Sky, Browncoat, Forte, Prodigal Son, and more!
Chase Downing
Two Year Old

Post by Chase Downing »

thanks eric