I'm Confused And Randall's No Help.

Advice and Other Goodies for Newbies
Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Scott Eiland
Hall of Fame

Post by Scott Eiland »

this is Evan. Let me try posting as myself...
Host of the Hold All Tickets podcast on my own website. Your internet pal.
Evan Rosier
Two Year Old

Post by Evan Rosier »

What do I do with <a href='http://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php?HorseID=22981' target='_blank'>this filly?</a>

I THINK I should race her about a mile on dirt. but the sire's got some offspring that raced well on turf.

Randall's never worked with this family before, and he doesn't know much anyway.

Help? :ph34r:
Mandy Saunders
Eclipse Champion

Post by Mandy Saunders »

Well he gave her b f8 and she did very well...but he changed it in the next race...and the next race...and the next race...horses like consistency. If she runs well with it, try it again. Don't change it. Odds are that horse that finished ahead of her was just...better.

*pats Starfire* My little girl likes the sprints. Might like the turf too if you give her more of a chance. I had only tried it once with her before I gave her to Mac.

And who knows...steeplechaser? Can never tell. Wouldn't hurt to try next year.

And on the flat, mile's too long for her. "Dropped out," "flattened out," "even," "no rally," "no response" means she's *tired.* Drop her back a bit in distance.
~ Mandy ~

Click here to visit The Stallions of Lakeside!

Last updated: Year 26, Break - Wow, it's been awhile, I need to get on that, lol

RIP Shelly & June...I will love you, always.
Dave Shields
Eclipse Champion

Post by Dave Shields »

I agree with Mandy on her. Try 5f to 7f for distance. For surface maybe a good way to find out is through workouts. Try 2f on dirt one week, then 2f on turf the next week... should give you some idea - just know that turf times are about 3 seconds slower (I think). Then give a week or two for rest before you try the next maiden run. :)