Undo Shipping

Any information from the Steward
Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Gigi Gofaster
Hall of Fame

Re: Undo Shipping

Post by Gigi Gofaster »

Pete Vella wrote:Ok, but if the order of actions were switched so the entering of the race is the first action and shipping second action, then it would have allowed us to undo.
Something to consider in case someone hits the little ship to track button on accident.

-Pete
yep, this. I did a ship and enter, and I can't undo, so will lose a Cup entry because I wasn't paying attention (my fault of course). If the order was enter-ship, that would be handy.
"I was afraid of Gigi, it was true." Oh yes. Be afraid. Be very afraid...
"Gigi, you continue to impress the heck out of me." - The Steward. Okay, it was 10 RL years ago, but I'm keeping it.
Paul Heinrich
Hall of Fame

Post by Paul Heinrich »

Gigi Gofaster wrote:
Pete Vella wrote:Ok, but if the order of actions were switched so the entering of the race is the first action and shipping second action, then it would have allowed us to undo.
Something to consider in case someone hits the little ship to track button on accident.

-Pete
yep, this. I did a ship and enter, and I can't undo, so will lose a Cup entry because I wasn't paying attention (my fault of course). If the order was enter-ship, that would be handy.
I agree. I think this is probably what happened to me, and why I couldn't figure out how to undo the ship. It was definitely my fault for accidentally entering a horse in a race on the wrong continent, but to be fair, the "London Stakes" really shouldn't be in Australia. It should be in London, where it won't make my brain hurt.
"They're not going to kick me out." - Tim Matthews
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

Undo Shipping that was initiated while entering a race now works too.
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Paul Heinrich
Hall of Fame

Post by Paul Heinrich »

The Steward wrote:Undo Shipping that was initiated while entering a race now works too.
I see it now! Thanks!
"They're not going to kick me out." - Tim Matthews
Stormy Peak
Hall of Fame

Post by Stormy Peak »

I don't know how I missed this thread and new option!

This is one thing I've been wanting for a long time. It rarely happens that I've shipped a horse to the wrong location but for me, they've been bad ships. I once shipped a 2yr old trotter to OZ, and another time I shipped a nice goober to a track in Columbia (COL) instead of Colorado (CO).

In both cases, I realized like 1.3 seconds after I hit the ship buttons what I had done.

Thanks, so much, for this Lollipop!

Stormy : D
SIRES: Turf Routers - Each multiple G1 winners

Tuck Everlasting
Fee $30,500

Wolfman Jack
Fee $18,000
Melissa Mae
Hall of Fame

Post by Melissa Mae »

I've used this option so many times since it was introduced. Definitely thankful for it!