Undo Shipping

Any information from the Steward
Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Danny Derby
Hall of Fame

Re: Undo Shipping

Post by Danny Derby »

Paul, this is from The Steward (Emily) -
Remember that it has to be within 2 hours of the original ship, and nothing can have changed with the horse since you pressed the ship button
Tammy Stawicki
Hall of Fame

Post by Tammy Stawicki »

Also the undo an action option in the menu bar appears to only be present when you have an eligible action to undo. I saw it this morning right after I shipped a horse, but don't see it now.
Turf Miler studs
Hempstead
Nonego
Omnsicience

Paint Sprinter studs
Jersey
Lecythus*

Paint Mid studs
Corona Wagon Train*
Jacinth
Komati*
Livewires Turnpike*

Discounts for stakes winners/producers
* = multidistance potential
The Admin
Eclipse Champion

Post by The Admin »

Tammy Stawicki wrote:Also the undo an action option in the menu bar appears to only be present when you have an eligible action to undo. I saw it this morning right after I shipped a horse, but don't see it now.
That is correct. We didn't think it was helpful to give you an undo option unless you actually have something undoable.
Kenzie Larkin
Derby Contender

Post by Kenzie Larkin »

I currently have a horse in transit, but I am not getting an "undo" button, and never did, not even right after she shipped. It doesn't matter since I want her going where she is headed, but I thought I should mention it.
Paul Heinrich
Hall of Fame

Post by Paul Heinrich »

Danny Derby wrote:Paul, this is from The Steward (Emily) -
Remember that it has to be within 2 hours of the original ship, and nothing can have changed with the horse since you pressed the ship button
Well that's a bummer. Too much time elapsed now, and I didn't see it when apparently it could have been undone. Oh well, not like it hasn't happened before.
"They're not going to kick me out." - Tim Matthews
Jennifer Klebsch
Miler

Post by Jennifer Klebsch »

Kenzie Larkin wrote:I currently have a horse in transit, but I am not getting an "undo" button, and never did, not even right after she shipped. It doesn't matter since I want her going where she is headed, but I thought I should mention it.
Same here, I just shipped a horse home and went to look for the "Undo" button under my stuff, but it's not there even after refreshing a few times.
PROUD BREEDER/OWNER OF:

GOLD SWEPT, Steward's Cup Juvenile Fillies Sprint champion, GRADED STAKES winner at 2, 3, 4, 5, AND 6, earner of $1.9 million!

LAST PARADE, Steward's Cup placed, G1 winner of graded stakes at 2, 3, and 4!
Nena Olson
Hall of Fame

Post by Nena Olson »

I tested it out and it's right under Create A Horse on the office page side bar thingy.

http://www.simhorseracing.com/myoffice/undo.php
✧.* SIM Artist ੈ✩‧₊˚
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

Jennifer Klebsch wrote:
Kenzie Larkin wrote:I currently have a horse in transit, but I am not getting an "undo" button, and never did, not even right after she shipped. It doesn't matter since I want her going where she is headed, but I thought I should mention it.
Same here, I just shipped a horse home and went to look for the "Undo" button under my stuff, but it's not there even after refreshing a few times.
If anyone has this happen to them, please alert me immediately with a link to the horse. Be sure that you don't do anything else to the horse. I will see if I can find any problems. There are some behind-the-scenes actions that can modify a horse without you specifically knowing it. But I want to see if we have a problem or not.

Thanks.
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Alex Puderbaugh
Hall of Fame

Post by Alex Puderbaugh »

This is awesome, thanks!
Brianna: I just wanted something with balls.. :D
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

It turns out that the undo for shipping was not hooked into the Entries/Results page. So if you shipped a horse or group of horses from that page, the undo wouldn't work. It should work now, but little testing has been done yet. Let me know if it seems better now.
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Mr. Lord Rich
Hall of Fame

Post by Mr. Lord Rich »

I just shipped Gaul about 10 minutes ago and I don't see the option to undo on my homepage.

http://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php?HorseID=304831

I don't want to undo, but figured I would post something since we are testing.
A CAVAL DONATO NON SI GUARDA IN BOCCA
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

Pete Vella wrote:I just shipped Gaul about 10 minutes ago and I don't see the option to undo on my homepage.

http://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php?HorseID=304831

I don't want to undo, but figured I would post something since we are testing.
How did you ship it? From the horse's page? From the Entries/Results page?
Thanks.
Mr. Lord Rich
Hall of Fame

Post by Mr. Lord Rich »

from the horses page simultaneously as I entered in a race
The Admin
Eclipse Champion

Post by The Admin »

Oh that makes sense. Entering a horse in a race is a change to the horse so it would negate the ability to undo the simultaneous ship.
Mr. Lord Rich
Hall of Fame

Post by Mr. Lord Rich »

Ok, but if the order of actions were switched so the entering of the race is the first action and shipping second action, then it would have allowed us to undo.
Something to consider in case someone hits the little ship to track button on accident.

-Pete