An advice please...

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Christophe Desjardin
Derby Contender

An advice please...

Post by Christophe Desjardin »

This horse could he be interesting for breeders?

Of course, nothing on the track, but look at his pedigree.
He is by Victory Palace and mostly by Honex Fox, Fighting Irish's mother. So he is the true half-brother of Fighting Irish, one of the best current stallions

With a small fee, could he be some interest ? Or such related has no interest?

Thank you for your advices...
At Stud :
SOUND THE BUGLE - TB - AW Router - SC Winner - $18,000
CRONOS - Arabian - Sprinter - $20,000
THESEE - Arabian - Router - SC Winner - $45,000
Chris Everett
Hall of Fame

Re: An advice please...

Post by Chris Everett »

I hate to say but you are grabbing at straws with him. His works show be was a hard to tell or maybe claimer galloper. Maybe wings, i dont really pay attention to trotters much anymore but... I would say you'd get more money from gelding him than keeping him in tact. He's not worth anything to any breeder unless he drastically and suddenly improves. You might have more a chance to win races by gelding him and putting him in claimers than anything else.
Louise Bayou
Hall of Fame

Post by Louise Bayou »

Sorry but I would not breed to a stud that could only break his maiden.
“It’s like I’m driving a Mac truck with the speed of a Porsche and the brain of a rocket scientist,” Gary Stevens on Beholder
Christophe Desjardin
Derby Contender

Post by Christophe Desjardin »

I have not managed to make me understand ... Too bad.

If I interpreted your two posts, there would be no benefit to find the same blood flow in two identical horses.
SHR is realistic on some points, I was just wondering if it was one. Obviously not.
Sorry to bother you with my poor question.

Now, I'll do what was planned long ago with him : geld him and run at 4yo
At Stud :
SOUND THE BUGLE - TB - AW Router - SC Winner - $18,000
CRONOS - Arabian - Sprinter - $20,000
THESEE - Arabian - Router - SC Winner - $45,000
Chris Everett
Hall of Fame

Post by Chris Everett »

No Christophe, I did not get you wrong at all. Lou is being a bit more blunt but this is the sim, halfs dont mean anything unless they have a record to back it up. The horse might be a half to Fighting Irish but look at Irish's wins, thats the reason anyone will use a sire on the sim, if they have won races worth it. This horse you have never showed much but that he was a poor racer sadly for all his bloodlines. I hate to say but I assume english isnt your first language and perhaps things have been lost in translation basically. All the same, the choice you made in the end is a correct choice.
Madelene Gilbert
Hall of Fame

Post by Madelene Gilbert »

Hi Christophe!

There are a few guidelines for standing stallions in the SIM. You can find this on the Help Page-->Standing Stallions:
What makes a good stallion?
It is very hard to stand a good stallion. It is expensive, because for a stallion to be successful he must be mated with many mares of good quality and produce winning foals. Here are some qualifications to abide by when breeding to and standing a stallion:

Should be a multiple graded stakes winner
Should have earned over $350,000
Should have a nice family, with stakes winners on both sides

If your the horse doesn't meet these qualifications, it is likely the horse won't be a good stallion.
Notice that the first two points have to do with racing career. Even if the horse has a fabulous pedigree, that only comes in 3rd on the list. In addition, having stakes-winning half-siblings is only part of the pedigree picture. Most people want horses who have nice female lines; this means that the dam and grand-dam were multiple winners (stakes is better!) and produced multiple winners.

I think you made the right decision to geld him and keep racing him. And you don't have to retire him at 4! Most geldings can run longer than that, and I think he'll make you more money in the long run this way.