CAMs

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Landon Alexander
Hall of Fame

CAMs

Post by Landon Alexander »

Does anybody know what distances the Create-A-Mare stallions prefer? And how much success have you had with them. I'm most interested in the QH's & Arabs, but I'm sure other people would love to hear about the other breeds.

http://www.simhorseracing.com/myoffice/createhorse.php?
Regina Moore
Hall of Fame

Re: CAMs

Post by Regina Moore »

Do a search on a stallion's name, with The Steward as the author, and that's how I do most of my research.
Landon Alexander
Hall of Fame

This is what I have saved thus far from a past thread. If anybody else wants to add anything that would be awesome.

Appys
Captain Bucko - sprinter
Appocalypto - mid
Texas Royal Snow - router
Tequila Noches - Multi
A For Effort - ?
Cash For Casey - ?
Divo - ?
Moon Bully - ?
Takin The Cash - ?
Trouble Memories - ?
With Intent - ?

Paints
Snowme the Paddick - router
Flash N Be Gone - sprint/mid
Royal Quick Flash - sprint/mid (broodmare sire)
Chasin the Money - sprint/multi
A Flaming Express - sprinter
A Sharper Image - sprinter (broodmare sire)
Indian's Image - ?
Judy's Lineage - ?
Raise A Jet - ?
Real Easy Cash - ?
SM Country Snowman - ?
Texas Hero - ?
Treasured Too - ?

Quarters
Freaky - Sprinter/mid (also a CAM sire)
Gold Coast Express - Router (also a CAM sire)
Apollitical Jess
Bono Jazz
Desirio
Favorite Cartel
Corona Cartel - multi ?
Chicks Beduino - multi ?
Feature Mr Jess - mid / route ?
Holland Ease - mid ?
Hadtobenuts
Illegal Runaway - route ?
Mr. Jess Perry - sprint / mid ?
Oak Tree Special
Refrigerator - mid / route ?
Tre Seis
Zoomin For Bux

Arabians
Kador de Blaziet - sprinter (also a CAM sire)
Alto De Maligne - router (also a CAM sire)
Burning Sand - sprint ?
Dormane - ?
Doran Sbfar - sprint ?
Dreams of Valor - ?
Monarch Ah - route ?
T M Fred Texas - ?
Kyasuriin Matsumoto
Hall of Fame

Post by Kyasuriin Matsumoto »

Off the top of my head...

Moon Bully - mid
Troubled Memories - route
Apollitical Jess - mid
Burning Sand - sprint
T M Fred Texas - any
Holland Ease - route
Hadtobenuts - sprint
Refrigerator - route

I'd have to actually look at my mares to remember the rest.
Gateway Farms
Chris Everett
Hall of Fame

Post by Chris Everett »

I don't know if Em categorized them but the best way is to look and see what distance they show up as I guess. IM looking at my paint mares, and ya Treasure Too x Aze Bedunio is mid and i've honestly never seen that mix ever produce anything but midders.
Snowme the Paddick - remove from the list, the horse is actually a mare irl.
Raise a Jet - sprint
I have a pair of sprinters out of the Judys Lineage but that is because of the damsire that they are sprint, mix anything with Country Quick Dash is a recipe for sprint.
I think indian's Image is probably route, thats the lineage that got me Sneaky Indian.
SM Country Snowman - mid(hypos with sprinters/mid/routers shows only mid potential from a SM Country Snowman x Painted Jewel mare)
Texas Hero - another mid.

To be honest, like Kya, I splurged on CAMs the first few sim years I was around and the few CAMs i've left are the best of that lot I created.

Now the Arabs. To start there were only 4 sires to begin. Burning Sand, Dormane, Doran Sbfar and Monarch Ah. Monarch Ah is pretty sprint orientated. Same with Burning Sand, in fact his stud page says he's sprint. Dormane and his son Doran Sbfar. I really wanna say Doran Sbfar is sprint while his sire is more routey but to be honest, like the paint CAM lines, I think it depends on who the dam sire is to which way the wind blows. Dreams of Valor and T M Fred Texas, I cant honestly say which way they go, never used them or never got anything useful out of them mare wise I suppose.

This always annoyed me about the CAMs at least, most of the dependency of what distance seemed to lay in who you wanted the dam sire to be and then there are some with the same sire/dam sire that show obvious favoritism towards different distances. You can see this with the TB CAM lines too. A real obvious one in my barn is Steel Toe Boots. Her dam was a CAM I made because I wanted more turf milers, honest mistake and a freak slide by all means got me one of my foundation turf sprint mares. And her dam, while never producing another star like Steel, it was very obvious from her foals that I did breed to turf sprinters that the shorter distances were favored. I've seen the same exact line produce milers and even a rare router. I think if me and Kya were given a day to just talk about all this that talk would never end. This really is a interesting subject to talk about, one that I would really love to put input into with another who's worked at it.
Landon Alexander
Hall of Fame

Chris Everett wrote:in fact his stud page says he's sprint.

When did this happen!! Is that on all the stallions now from that stable?! That is awesome!!
Kay O. Johnson
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Kay O. Johnson »

Raise A Jet is definitely more than a sprint sire. Check out the pedigree of routers Rocket Science and Moonshadow.
Louise Bayou
Hall of Fame

Post by Louise Bayou »

It's been so long since I've done Cams. When I first started I feel like I did great with them but the last few have been horrible. I guess I lost my touch.lol
“It’s like I’m driving a Mac truck with the speed of a Porsche and the brain of a rocket scientist,” Gary Stevens on Beholder
Chris Everett
Hall of Fame

Post by Chris Everett »

Its confusing, there will be the odd one that came from obviously sprinty beginnings but didnt em say that some how people bred back 550/650 qh routers into midders? To be honest, puting the cams int a specfic box is probably a bad idea in the long run for that specific reason.
Landon Alexander
Hall of Fame

Okay, so I've been investigating some tonight because I want to make more CAMs. Here's what I've gathered for influences:

SPRINT: Mr. Eye Opener, Corona Cartel, Favorite Cartel (though more mid), Freaky, Ochoa (and his sires Tres Seis & Stoli). Mr. Jess Perry

MID: Rylees Boy, Zoomin For Bux (his sire Shazoom), Heza Fast Man (grandsire to Rylee), First Down Dash (sire Dash For Cash) and all his descendents (Holland Ease, Dash Ta Fame, Strike The Cash, Hadtobenuts, Corona Cartel, Favorite Cartel, Brookstone Bay, Tr Dasher, Freaky). Ochoa (Tres Seis & Stoli). Mr. Jess Perry

ROUTERS: Beduino's legacy (Chicks Beduino, Illegal Runaway, Runaway Winner), Gold Coast Express, Refrigerator.

ANY: Ochoa, Freaky (I think more sprint / mid than route).

MID / ROUTE: Refrigerator, Chicks Beduino, Feature Mr Jess.

MY UNKNOWNS: Oak Tree Special (probably mid/route), Apollitical Jess (probably mid), Bono Jazz (probably mid), Desirio (probably mid/route)
Last edited by Landon Alexander 10 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Chris Everett
Hall of Fame

Post by Chris Everett »

Refrigerator is pure route, not mid, if i recall right. But its been a irl year since i actually had QHs...
Landon Alexander
Hall of Fame

Chris Everett wrote:Refrigerator is pure route, not mid, if i recall right. But its been a irl year since i actually had QHs...
He can throw some "middies". :) I have one (out of my 4) that ran not so lovely at 870-yds and loved the shorter distances of 400-650-yds and has produced a wow Goldmine. ... (I should actually try that filly at 870-yds now that I think of it.) :)

http://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php?HorseID=314761
Chris Everett
Hall of Fame

Post by Chris Everett »

QH are so confusing now that im really glad i got out of them.