Any Stallion Potential?

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Mary Whalen
Eclipse Champion

Any Stallion Potential?

Post by Mary Whalen »

http://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php?HorseID=226322

Braintwister is multiple unlisted stakes winner and graded stakes placed. Son of Perplexity out of a Noverre mare. He's managed to earn just shy of $350,000. I am not familiar with steeplechase stallions as I only have a few steeplechase mares that I breed so I'm not at all sure if he'd get any outside use. Is there any interest in him as a stallion? And if so, is it a good idea to retire him now or give him another season over the jumps?
Garylynn Farms
Classic Contender

Re: Any Stallion Potential?

Post by Garylynn Farms »

He is still running very good speed figures it looks like he still has a lot of jumping left in him. If you retired him this year you would probably wouldn't get many outside mares unless you put his fee around $5,000 or under. If he was mine I would race him one more year then retire him.

Gary
Lucas Davenport
Eclipse Champion

Post by Lucas Davenport »

What Gary said!

If a horse is still winning chaser stakes, invariably I won't retire them. He won roughly 170K this year. He does that again next year, and he'll have 500K or so in earings. With that much $$ people might take the time to hypomate their mares with him. Plus, you have another year to slowly add to your chaser mare band. Win-win. My two cents, "Lucas."
The Hub Group of Farms: where saving your boarding and shipping dollars is always a priority, especially when you don't know where the next race will take your horse.
Chani Ruzzo
Hall of Fame

Post by Chani Ruzzo »

what they said :)
Gryphon Flight Stud, Home of Stallions: What Would You Do, Heartbrake Hotel, Remembered Soldier, Courageous Angel, Cowboy Builder, Bird Jumper, Touchdown Raiders, Dubai Awesmoness, Sikorsky, Faith in the Child, and Touchdown Dancer.
Mary Whalen
Eclipse Champion

Post by Mary Whalen »

Thanks so much for the imput. I'll keep him in training then and hope he can keep on running well next year.