Champion and Horse of the year D's Excaping Retired

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
D's Racing Stable
Miler

Champion and Horse of the year D's Excaping Retired

Post by D's Racing Stable »

D's Excaping has gone 16-16. His recored speaks for its self. http://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php?HorseID=324726

His Stud fee will be $50,000. I think this is fair for him alone but he is also standing in CANADA so his foals will be eligible for the SDP Canadian Triple Crown.

Dont forget about Bluegrass Stakes he is an awesome stallion creating lots of WOW horses and having his foals run 1-2 in the SDP Canadian Triple Crown. http://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php?HorseID=193269
He is Standing at my farm for $15,000 He also is a super nice stud.

The winner of the SDP Canadian Triple Crown will get a solid 10 Free breedings to any of my stallions. That includes Multiple Grade 1 winner D's Honour D's Excaping Bluegrass Stakes.
Best of luck everyone hope you enjoy the triple crown and breed breed
3yo Colt/Fillies $300,000 (Canadian Bred Only) 3rd Jewel The SDP Canadian Breeders Stakes 1/1/4 Mile All Weather (CAN) 7 Monday Plastic Park

3yo Colt/Fillies $200,000 (Canadian Bred Only) 2nd Jewel The SDP Canadian Stakes 1/3/16 Dirt (CAN) 4 Friday Child’s Play Park

3yo Colt/Fillies $500,000 (Canadian Bred Only) 1st Jewel The SDP Canadian Derby 1/1/8 All Weather (CAN) 2 Friday Plastic Park

2yo Colt/Fillies $250,000 (Canadian Bred Only) SDP Canadian Derby Trial Stakes 1/1/8 All Weather (CAN) 16 Friday Plastic Park

4yo Santino's Canadian Horse Racing News Stakes $300,000 Grade 2 13 Friday
D's Racing Stables
Madelene Gilbert
Hall of Fame

Re: Champion and Horse of the year D's Excaping Retired

Post by Madelene Gilbert »

I was really hoping his stud fee would be more reasonable like his sire's. I won't be sending anything to him at $50k, even if he is undefeated. You just don't get that return with AW horses. Such a shame...
Chani Ruzzo
Hall of Fame

Post by Chani Ruzzo »

I sent 3, but i can't justify any more than that. I set the bar high at 35k and I'm not seeing a ton of mares for Fallen in Battle, so I can't really talk lol.
Gryphon Flight Stud, Home of Stallions: What Would You Do, Heartbrake Hotel, Remembered Soldier, Courageous Angel, Cowboy Builder, Bird Jumper, Touchdown Raiders, Dubai Awesmoness, Sikorsky, Faith in the Child, and Touchdown Dancer.
Louise Bayou
Hall of Fame

Post by Louise Bayou »

I sent one who I consider to be my best mare. But I just don't think I can send anymore at $50k. Sorry
“It’s like I’m driving a Mac truck with the speed of a Porsche and the brain of a rocket scientist,” Gary Stevens on Beholder
Emily White
Eclipse Champion

Post by Emily White »

I agree with the people above. I had a decent mare (she's produced a claimer that actually managed to win a race and then a wings) who I was going to send, but I can't justify $50k for her. Maybe one day!
D's Racing Stable
Miler

The best i can do is $40k the 1st leg of the Canadian Triple is $500,000 and is the highest purse in AW racing. Then u have another $800,000 up for grabs after the first leg. I need the stud fee high to pay for the Triple crown and he is a monster and has gotten 70 great mares to him so far. But i will lower the stud fee to $40k.
D's Racing Stables
D's Racing Stable
Miler

He is also 16-16 90sf horse won on dirt has the Triple crown going for his babes. I think 40k is More then reasonable for him. He is a 2 time horse of the year Champion 3yo 2 time Champion older male. The fee will stay at 40k cant go lower but thanks for the input.
D's Racing Stables
Madelene Gilbert
Hall of Fame

Post by Madelene Gilbert »

I realize that you've pushed hard for the Canadian races, but charging that much in stud fees simply for 3 races is ridiculous. The average earnings for top AW route sire is around $30k (I don't count Bluegrass Stakes because his top two earners are outliers running in small field sponsored stakes).

It makes more sense that, if you want to highlight state-bred races, you make the sires standing there affordable so more people breed, so more offspring are eligible, and more trainers participate. I don't care that they are the biggest purses. 90% of my foals will have a hard time breaking their maidens, let alone perform at stakes level. I'd rather go to a sire with whom I have a chance at earning the stud fee back, than gamble with a horse standing for an outrageous fee who might give me a foal who might finish in the money.

And while a good portion of AW route sires stand in the states (Illinois, California), there's still a very good selection of sires standing in Canada for a fraction of his cost (Treasure Strike anyone???), which gives trainers the option to participate in the stakes series without spending that much up front. You are reasoning that his fee is contingent on his offspring winning the stakes, and to me that's erroneous and rather backwards logic.

Don't get me wrong. I love D's E as a horse, and I think he really is the best we've seen on the surface. This is simply for arguments sake.

I was looking forward to sending Jo Jo Dancer to him, and possibly the dam of Tamriel, but I have plenty of other sires I'll use first. If D's E is still around by then I might reconsider.

p.s. I also don't consider him a dirt horse. That one win was rather bland; TC/SC-type colts could run circles around him. And there are plenty of nice dirt sires standing for less than $40k.
D's Racing Stable
Miler

Sorry you feel that way. But he is not an average AW horse. He's probably the best one ever and deserves to be $5,000 more then the top one. There are lots of people breeding to him and lots more to come so i am happy. The fields will be full for sure in the years to come. The Stallions have moved to Canada for the SDP Canadian Triple crown program. To ignore the fact of the big purses is a little hurt full. I would not be knocking you for doing something nice for the game and Canadian racing. Your opinion is yours. If your going to down grade my studs and my Triple crown i would prefer a PM. I think that there is a chance he could have good dirt horses. You never know. His stud fee is set at $40,000 people are welcome to bred to bred and race in the Triple Crown and best of luck to them.
D's Racing Stables
Xander Zone
Hall of Fame

Post by Xander Zone »

I say charge 200k like I do
Alex Saf A Ka
Derby Contender

Post by Alex Saf A Ka »

Xander Zone wrote:I say charge 200k like I do
Yea but you didn't raise his fee till ge started to produce
I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day.