Trotter Broodmare of the Year poll

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.

Who should be this year's trotter broodmare of the year?

Poll ended at 10 years ago

Bank
29%
Free Brunch
36%
Indulge Me
No votes
Looks Can Kill
14%
Melted Honey
No votes
Roaring Silence
14%
Sneak By
No votes
Sometimes I'm Rite
No votes
Tease Me
7%
Victory Will be Mine
No votes

Total votes: 14

Gigi Gofaster
Hall of Fame

Trotter Broodmare of the Year poll

Post by Gigi Gofaster »

It's that time of year again, and this year there were 11 (WOW!) mares that qualified for the poll, meaning they produced more than one stakes winner for the year. Since I can only post ten poll options, I had to (painfully) drop Always Adoring. So, and honorable mention to her, as she produced a Steward's Cup winner (Always Alert), but as her other stakes winner (Always Around) had one win, and that was in a sponsored race for new players only, it made sense to drop her from the list. Still one heck of a mare though.

So here are this year's contenders:

Bank Brianna's mega mare needs little introduction, and this superstar on the track is doing well in the shed. She had two stakes winners, Briar Visa with 2 wins, including a Cup win, and Rank, her 2yo. Her daughter Income also had a stakes winner with Pay Hike, and her 6yo Credit also had a minor win.

Free Brunch Patrick's mare had only two runners, her oldest foals, but each won in stakes company. Her 2yo Heed the Hero won one in week 15, but Heroic hank, her 3yo won his Cup race to finish out the year and get her on this list.

Indulge me Patrick O'Malley's mare had two stakes winners, Louisiana rain and caritative, who won the Trotting Derby and was 2nd in the Cup. Her 2yo broke his maiden this year with an 81 speed figure.

Looks Can Kill Franky Dam's daughter of Miss October had two stakes winners with If Looks Can Kill with a whopping four stakes wins, and 2yo Kill To Win, 3rd in the Cup. Her 3yo also broke her maiden in week 16.

Melted Honey Brianna's mare had two stakes winners, Melted Money and Briar Creek Honey, each with one stakes win. her 2yo and her 5yo, while not tsakes winners, each did win this year too, giving her four winners this year.

Roaring Silence Geir's mare's oldest are only two. Wait - how can that be? Well, she had twins, and both are stakes winners this year. Stag Nite with one win and For Approval with three stakes wins - this filly went unbeaten for three in a row, never ducking stakes company, before running third in the Cup. Not a bad start for Roaring Silence at all. Would you believe it? She had twins again this year too.

Sneak By This Franky Dam mare has only two foals, and both are stakes winners - The Sneaky One (2 stakes wins) and Sneaky Cash (1 win).

Sometimes I'm Rite Brianna has another mare here with two stakes winners, Sometimes I Drink and Up Around the Rite. She had another minor winner too.

Tease Me I almost dropped this mare as she's won before, and it was off the same performers, but hey, she earned a repeat entry. Greyhound's Ghost wasn't the same horse as last year, but he picked up a stakes nonetheless, and Rosalind likewise. Her 3yo also won a maiden race.

VictoryWillbeMine Abe Froman's mare had two stakes winners, Allhailthevictor with 2 wins, and Victoryissweet, a 2yo with 1 win.

So, place your vote! The poll stays open for a week, and the winner gets a beautiful headshot!!!!
"I was afraid of Gigi, it was true." Oh yes. Be afraid. Be very afraid...
"Gigi, you continue to impress the heck out of me." - The Steward. Okay, it was 10 RL years ago, but I'm keeping it.
Gigi Gofaster
Hall of Fame

Re: Trotter Broodmare of the Year poll

Post by Gigi Gofaster »

oh, and owners, feel free to promote your mares here...
"Gigi, you continue to impress the heck out of me." - The Steward. Okay, it was 10 RL years ago, but I'm keeping it.
Garret Folsom
Hall of Fame

Post by Garret Folsom »

I have Always Will Be, a Star mare that has A- nicks to Muscle Hill, Hanover Hack, After the Night and Traduce
Gigi Gofaster
Hall of Fame

Post by Gigi Gofaster »

Right now there is a three way tie - get voting, trotter fans!
Gigi Gofaster
Hall of Fame

Post by Gigi Gofaster »

one more day to vote - get your votes in!!!
Gigi Gofaster
Hall of Fame

Post by Gigi Gofaster »

And the winner is - Free Brunch! I'll get that headshot ordered this week!
Patrick O'Malley
Eclipse Champion

Post by Patrick O'Malley »

Thanks voters and thanks Gigi (again) for the generous prize. Free Brunch will be back the coming season with another stakes contender.
It's alive!
Gigi Gofaster
Hall of Fame

Post by Gigi Gofaster »

And Free Brunch's headshot is up! Congrats Patrick!
Gigi Gofaster
Hall of Fame

Post by Gigi Gofaster »

by the way, this is the honor roll of previous winners:
Year 36 - Free Brunch (Patrick O Malley)
Year 35- Tease Me (Patrick O Malley)
Year 34 - Honey Fox (Fogell McLovin)
Fogell McLovin
Miler

Post by Fogell McLovin »

Bah, I think I missed voting on this one... ah well. Grats Pat, and thanks Gigi. ...Miss those articles.....
Matt Feldman
Turf Router

Post by Matt Feldman »

McLovin wrote:Bah, I think I missed voting on this one... ah well. Grats Pat, and thanks Gigi. ...Miss those articles.....
Seriously Gigi, you have to give up this new job of yours and go back to writing trotting articles. They really brought so much depth to the trotting division, helped highlight stallions, and single-handily created all of the action in trotter claiming.
Act Out Multiple Grade 1 Winning Dirt Miler - $10,000

Many Names Multiple Grade 1 Winning Dirt Miler - $10,000
Gigi Gofaster
Hall of Fame

Post by Gigi Gofaster »

I miss it too...I need to find a way to bring that back. I'll certainly do some steward's cup features this year!