Bloodstock Agent

Any information from the Steward
Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Bloodstock Agent

Post by The Steward »

Many people have been asking for an additional broodmare comment given out by the bloodstock agent, because the range of "star" broodmares is so large (for a reference, it was the equivalent of combining the "wow" and "scary" comment ranges in gallops). We agree there were too many, but didn't want to make the change mid year.

There is now a new bloodstock agent comment for retired females, "blue hen." The "star" broodmare category was divided down the middle, and now half of those horses remain stars while the other half become blue hens. Note: Your mare DID NOT CHANGE. NO mares got better or worse. You can be assured that your mare is exactly the same as she always was, she just might have a higher comment.

Happy New Year!
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Nick Gilmore
Hall of Fame

Re: Bloodstock Agent

Post by Nick Gilmore »

Can we get a discount for mares already tested, to retest?

Just asking, lol. Thanks, we needed this!
Charles Bunbury
Hall of Fame

Post by Charles Bunbury »

Pity we still don't know the quality of Steward bred broodmares :(

Tamara De Lempicka is a blue hen

Wish list
Alternate horses between jumps and flat.
Search for previous rather than current owners of horses.
Stallions year entered for stud duties.
Automated assistant trainers - sorted, kind of!
European claiming circuit.

Alleyne Torres
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Alleyne Torres »

To clarify, to find out we have to ask the bloodstock agent again for our star broodmares? Like the old comment in their history tab will still say "star" and the new comment will say either "star" or "blue hen"?
Paint Stallions Standing. Horses for Sale. Feel free to PM me about gallop/bs/foal comments of my sale horses.
Charles Bunbury
Hall of Fame

Alleyne Torres wrote:To clarify, to find out we have to ask the bloodstock agent again for our star broodmares? Like the old comment in their history tab will still say "star" and the new comment will say either "star" or "blue hen"?
2013-10-11 Agent: 'Tamara De Lempicka' looks like a blue hen, what a special mare! Unfortunately, 'Tamara De Lempicka' probably won't produce a very good steeplechaser.
2013-02-16 Agent: 'Tamara De Lempicka' should be a star broodmare, throwing the fastest flat race runners! Unfortunately, 'Tamara De Lempicka' probably won't produce a very good steeplechaser.

Wish list

Nick Gilmore
Hall of Fame

Post by Nick Gilmore »

Charles Bunbury wrote:Pity we still don't know the quality of Steward bred broodmares :(

Tamara De Lempicka is a blue hen
:mrgreen:

You rock Charles
Nick Gilmore
Hall of Fame

Post by Nick Gilmore »

I think if you have a star mare that throws beautiful, talented babies, she is probably a blue hen mare. If you have a star that has a couple nice babies, but you're having trouble finding that great cross, she'll probably remain a star.
Alysse Peverell
Hall of Fame

Post by Alysse Peverell »

So what you're really saying is that my formidable mares and now even worse!
Nick Gilmore
Hall of Fame

Post by Nick Gilmore »

No Alysse, she specifically said it is a division of what was already there, no talent change was made.
Gigi Gofaster
Hall of Fame

Post by Gigi Gofaster »

is there a blue hen distinction for chasing mare ability too?
"I was afraid of Gigi, it was true." Oh yes. Be afraid. Be very afraid...
"Gigi, you continue to impress the heck out of me." - The Steward. Okay, it was 10 RL years ago, but I'm keeping it.
Kris Krueger
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Kris Krueger »

So I'm a skeptic...what can I expect out of a blue hen that I won't find in a star going forward?
Charles Bunbury
Hall of Fame

Kris Krueger wrote:So I'm a skeptic...what can I expect out of a blue hen that I won't find in a star going forward?
Probably this
Nick Gilmore wrote:I think if you have a star mare that throws beautiful, talented babies, she is probably a blue hen mare. If you have a star that has a couple nice babies, but you're having trouble finding that great cross, she'll probably remain a star.

Wish list

Danny Derby
Hall of Fame

Post by Danny Derby »

I think the fair thing to do would be to set Bloodstock Agent checks to FREE for the next 2 days so we can recheck all our mares.
Alysse Peverell
Hall of Fame

Post by Alysse Peverell »

Nick Gilmore wrote:No Alysse, she specifically said it is a division of what was already there, no talent change was made.
That's not what I mean. I mean in my head.
Paul Heinrich
Hall of Fame

Post by Paul Heinrich »

Nick Gilmore wrote:I think if you have a star mare that throws beautiful, talented babies, she is probably a blue hen mare. If you have a star that has a couple nice babies, but you're having trouble finding that great cross, she'll probably remain a star.
One might think, but this isn't going to be quite that intuitive; I would have thought this mare - Saint Margie - to remain star based on her record: no scary/specials, just a handful of underachieving wows and one "nice" (ironically the best nick cross of the bunch).

She's supposedly a blue hen.

I give up.
"They're not going to kick me out." - Tim Matthews