Bloodstock Agent

Any information from the Steward
Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Alysse Peverell
Hall of Fame

Re: Bloodstock Agent

Post by Alysse Peverell »

If you give up then I'll take her. :)
Nick Gilmore
Hall of Fame

Post by Nick Gilmore »

Danny Derby wrote:I think the fair thing to do would be to set Bloodstock Agent checks to FREE for the next 2 days so we can recheck all our mares.
Works for me, :wink:
Mr. Lord Rich
Hall of Fame

Post by Mr. Lord Rich »

I like Danny's idea seeing how i just bs'd about 70 mares in the past week, wouldn't want to spend another 10k on a mare i just bs'd
A CAVAL DONATO NON SI GUARDA IN BOCCA
Rob Canterbury
Eclipse Champion

Post by Rob Canterbury »

hmm I have some concerns..

http://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php?HorseID=48665 this horse is a blue hen. ( Black Fox)

so either--

1. I am Horrible breeder ( probable)
2. or Age may be a factor in the overall designation of bloodstocking.

Can a Mare change designation?

I think this gives me more questions than answers.
Live Strong- Baltimore crown champion- dirt route
Its a Gamble--MONSTER!
Afriad to Lead-- SC winner
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

This one is now a blue hen! Produced: wings + yearling (unknown)
http://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php?HorseID=334665

and so is her momma! Produced: wow (the above), wings + another wow
http://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php?HorseID=239526

Both were stars
Laura Ferguson
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Ferguson »

Rob - or (c ) your mare had some random bad slides. They have just as much an effect as the mare's rating.
Darcy McBride
Hall of Fame

Post by Darcy McBride »

Well, I BS Agent'd 3 of my star bm's, and all three have remained stars. Curses.
DM: AMERICATION MISCHIEF & JAMBOREE
TM: NIGHTWATCH
DS: SINISTER MISTER/THE HELLHOUND/DARKANDSTORMYNIGHT
AWR: TUSCANY GOLD
QH DS: EL RAY SOL
QH DM: MARK ME CHROMED
Nena Olson
Hall of Fame

Post by Nena Olson »

I will still take my formidable mares over my star mares. My star mares produce garbage. All my best homebred runners are out of formidable mares.

Also a new gallop comment for sad wows would be fantastic too ;) Maybe a "this horse works really fast but you will want to punch it in the face in the afternoons"
✧.* SIM Artist ੈ✩‧₊˚
Chani Ruzzo
Hall of Fame

Post by Chani Ruzzo »

does this include chasers?
Gryphon Flight Stud, Home of Stallions: What Would You Do, Heartbrake Hotel, Remembered Soldier, Courageous Angel, Cowboy Builder, Bird Jumper, Touchdown Raiders, Dubai Awesmoness, Sikorsky, Faith in the Child, and Touchdown Dancer.
Lisa Strummer
Hall of Fame

Post by Lisa Strummer »

Nena Olson wrote:I will still take my formidable mares over my star mares. My star mares produce garbage. All my best homebred runners are out of formidable mares.

Also a new gallop comment for sad wows would be fantastic too ;) Maybe a "this horse works really fast but you will want to punch it in the face in the afternoons"

That's my new motto: Don't quit, just shut up.-Bryan Doolittle
Regina Moore
Hall of Fame

Post by Regina Moore »

I checked my 51 star mares, across the breeds, and did way better with the mixers, per the following:

2 of 18 TBs were blue hen, both dirt sprinters

1 of 9 Appys - a sprinter

4 of 5 Arabs - all the sprinters (which are from the same awesome female family, which began with a "potential" CAM) and one router

1 of 4 Paints - a mid

3 of 8 QH - 1 for each distance

3 of 4 Pacers

0 of 3 Trotters

Waiting for word on chasers, but my prediction is that they don't have a blue hen category, since they don't have a star category.
Lisa Strummer
Hall of Fame

Post by Lisa Strummer »

Well, this is a really cool addition, but it doesn't change my mind about ANY comments and the hypo grades. They don't really mean that much. If you have a horse with a more obscure pedigree, it probably won't get the best comment and/or hypo grade. When I retired Stardust she got the "star" comment, but Em told me because of Oversized Heart's pedigree, she would never hypo well, but not to worry. I just asked the BS agent again:

2013-10-11 Agent: 'Stardust' should be a star broodmare, throwing the fastest flat race runners! Unfortunately, 'Stardust' probably won't produce a very good steeplechaser.

Her first foal, Sheltering Sky only galloped "wings" as a yearling. I never galloped her again, so I don't know if her gallop comment ever changed, but she definitely performed more like a "wow" or better.

I have noticed over the years that if a mare is by a highly ranked stallion, (Black Condor, Giant's Causeway, Acapulco, and now Trafalgar, are a few that come to mind) or he is in their pedigree, they will probably get a better comment even if they haven't done much on the track or produced anything spectacular.
That's my new motto: Don't quit, just shut up.-Bryan Doolittle
Louise Bayou
Hall of Fame

Post by Louise Bayou »

I think the Blue Hen addition is cool. But, I just want the comments to show their actual ability. I'm sorry I have seen WAY to many "star" mares that can't produce a dang MSW/NW2 winner. Checking broodmares has become something I just don't want to waste my money on.
“It’s like I’m driving a Mac truck with the speed of a Porsche and the brain of a rocket scientist,” Gary Stevens on Beholder
Matty Dubs
Eclipse Champion

Post by Matty Dubs »

Agreed on Danny's idea. Just until racing/entries open, as that's a LOT of money I don't want to have to spend. Especially since I just did a number of them as recently as two-three days ago.
This is where a creative signature would go.
Cleo Patra
Hall of Fame

Post by Cleo Patra »

I had a star mare downgrade to a formidable. Is that supposed to happen?
AT STUD
DR... ROYAL ASSASSIN | WITTED
TR... DAY TO DAY | FIRST CLASS | MEGAPIXELS | MIJO | VALAR | WILDNESS
Future Sires... CINEMA (Y69 or 70) | TRAILBLAZING (Y68 or 69)