Foal Announcements Of Year 19

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Nikki Everdeen
Hall of Fame

Post by Nikki Everdeen »

I'm done! Yay!

<a href='http://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php?HorseID=48465' target='_blank'>Starthroat</a>: chestnut colt (Right Hand Man-Hummingbird [Grey Swallow])
MUCH thanks to Amy for the gi-normous deal we ended up working out. Hummingbird is AWESOME, and is one of the few horses I regretted selling way back when. So YAY!

<a href='http://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php?HorseID=48464' target='_blank'>Tattoo On My Heart</a>: dark bay filly (Midnightconfession-Decked [Two Punch])
I heard this phrase on the radio last night, and knew immediately that I had to use it. The name was originally going to be Midnight Duel, but it was already taken, so I decided that this name fit her. Especially because Decked's real life gelding we used to own really DID leave a "tattoo on my heart", of sorts. MUCH thanks to everyone who helped me out with this one, and hopefully I won't need as much help next year!

And finally, although nobody will probably end up reading it, here is a link to the tragic story of Alma Reed (who, if you will remember, I named the Throne-Epic Passion foal after) :
<a href='http://www.mexconnect.com/mex_/travel/r ... areed.html' target='_blank'>Article about Alma Reed</a>
The song at the end is one which a lot of people sing in Mexico about Alma Reed.
Inspiration Stud
Standing quality Appaloosas, Arabians, Paints, Quarter Horses, and Thoroughbreds
Laura Ferguson
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Ferguson »

Still plugging away at my last handful - I'm determined to finish tonight, as I'm not sure I'll have the strength to finish up after my 18-20 mile training run tomorrow morning.

But, I had to take a break long enough to post this one, because I believe Ara would be proud - I felt like I was channeling her, anyway . . . .

Seneca Falls, ch filly, Atlas x Molly Pitcher by Canoe. 3x3 to Rain Dancer _and_ 3x3 to Loki Flame.

I drew on American history to come up with the name, and came up with the site of the first women's rights convention in America, held in 1848.
Rayne Wyatt
Derby Contender

Post by Rayne Wyatt »

Last one of the year.

<a href='http://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php?HorseID=48498&' target='_blank'>Tiananmen</a> - bl.c (What x No Waiting (No Limit))
An itty bitty boy (15.1hh + 15hh = 15hh...), I'm looking forward to when he starts to run. Also, his name explains my naming theme of the year - all (but one) of my foals were named after lines from the poem "<a href='http://web.amnesty.org/library/Index/EN ... of=ENG-2S2' target='_blank'>Tiananmen</a>" by James Fenton.
Susie Rydell
Eclipse Champion

Post by Susie Rydell »

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! I JUST finished breeding. Now I can sleep! And will post all of my end-of-the-year children over the weekend. :D
Anna Leroux
Hall of Fame

Post by Anna Leroux »

Another Two:

<a href='http://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php?HorseID=48512' target='_blank'>Love's Whispers</a> ro. filly 16.3hh, Glass Tiger x Passit (Langfuhr)

<a href='http://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php?HorseID=48514' target='_blank'>Noodle</a> b. filly 15.2hh Officer x Damsel (Royal Moment)
Laura Ferguson
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Ferguson »

Other than the two lease program mares, which I'll have to breed myself if I don't hear from the prospective lessees and it's less than an hour until the deadline (in which case I'll breed them and dream up some contest giveaway for the baby/ies), I think I'm done.

Some of the final arrivals, bred over the last few days. Some of these names took _forever_:

Dance Revolution, filly, Opening Night x Dancethruthedawn by Mr. Prospector. Half to champion Storm's Twilight, G1 winners Storm Trooper and Drama, G2 winner Into Glory, and stakes placed winner Wreath of Roses, all of her foals to race. So, expectations are high.

Bannister, colt, A.P. Indy x Bless by Mr. Prospector. Named for the first person to break the 4 minute mile. Dam is an unraced full sister to FuPeg, and she has produced a pair of stakes placed winners.

Boisterous, colt, Boise x Shindig by Prefamageps. Cannot believe this name wasn't already taken (although my first choice, Sun Valley was already used on another Boise baby). Dam is a multiple G1 placed winner.

Burj Al Arab, colt, Feature Attraction x Country Hideaway by Seeking the Gold.

Circus Maximus, colt, Caesar Augustus x Distinctly by Sadler's Wells. Kevin had already used the first three names I thought of, but I'm pretty pleased with what I ended up with. Mare has produced two G3 winners and a G2 placed winner from three foals to race.

Drummer Hoff, colt, Brigadier Brooks x Predestined by Punishment. I couldn't help myself with the name. BB has crossed well with a daughter of Punishment already, and this mare was a pretty decent miler. Her first foal, about to celebrate her third birthday, just broke her maiden.

End of the World, colt, End of the Line x Siren by Chesapeake Bay. Yeah, yeah, he's technically unnamed right now, but the request was sent in so he eventually should be named this. He should like distance - surface (turf? dirt? both?) remains to be seen. Mare is a million dollar multiple G1 winning daughter of Banner.

Girldarestodream, filly, Inspired Strike x Girlglittersingold by Glitterman. I <3 this filly. Continues the "girl" theme for this family line, the cross is somewhat similar to Man of Few Words. Dam is a stakes placed winner. This is her first foal.

Glendraco, colt, Rado x Acushla by Barbaro. Winning dam's first foal.

Kodachrome, colt, Negative Six x She's a Rich Girl by Affirmed. Named after the Simon & Garfunkel song, which has one of the best opening lines, ever. I got started on thinking of film negatives, which is what triggered this line of thinking.

Minstrel, colt, Sceptre x Serenading by A.P. Indy. Half to a G1 winner.

Personal Banner, filly, Streamer x Perpetual Time by Sadler's Wells. Dam has a G2 winner and a multiple graded stakes placed winner (including a third in a G1 last time out) with her first two foals - the third, about to turn three, just broke his maiden.

Yvaine, filly, Comet x End of Story by End Result. Named for the fallen star in the Neil Gaiman book Stardust. First foal out of a stakes winner, who is also multiple G2 stakes placed.
Lauren Haggerty
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Lauren Haggerty »

I just want to announce my favorite little filly:

Already Gorgeous ro.f
A Crown Awaits x Sheena (Barbaro)
Sheena was named (and given her color) after my real life mare, Sheena (who is a quarter horse) so I was super happy that she became my first homebred G1 winner. I've always wanted to breed real life Sheena and Already Gorgeous was going to be the foal's show name. Unfortuantly I had to sell her. So, the day that her new owner came and picked her up, I breed SIM Sheena in rememberence. Here's hoping that she'll be as good as her mom.
Susie Rydell
Eclipse Champion

Post by Susie Rydell »

Just to finish up...

Antipode: b. colt, Empire - Faith Unwavering, by Fusaichi Pegasus
My most recent Faith boys have been a little on the disappointing side thusfar, but hopefully this little guy will be on the special side.

Astound: b. filly, Vernacular - Wonder Again, by Silver Hawk
She is gigantic and a disturbingly exciting prospect. Can't wait!

Ballo: gr. colt, End of the Line - Balletto, by Timber Country
Aaaaaaali - like the name? Grey, like my car, too! :D This is a mare I've never been quite sure what to do with, so took a shot.

Cataract: bl. filly, Explode - Blurred Vision, by Out of Focus
Zooooooooom! In theory.

Centered: dkb. colt, Vernacular - Afriendisneverlost, by Arch
I love him. And my friends. So there.

Chief Of Staff: bl. colt, Right Hand Man - Ema Bovary, by Edgy Diplomat
I want to be the guy the guy counts on.

Continue: b. filly, End of the Line - Sanibel Island, by Capote
Another mare that confuses me... versatile stallions make me happy.

Emulate: b. filly, Vernacular - Reincarnation, by Deep Impact
It was incredibly bittersweet to retire her dam, who I adore, but I'm completely delighted with this little filly. She got dad's height, and if she has 1/2 the heart and talent of either of her parents... she'll be a blast.

Exude: b. filly, Voltaic - Exalted, by Sadler's Wells
I had Voltaic in mind for this girl for a LONG time, so I was thrilled to get this girl on the ground.

Fall: bl. filly, Vernacular - Red Lights, by The Scarlet Nite
As Ry said... "'cause Josh fell off the bookshelf...Donna told him she slipped and fell with her ankle...and obviously, they fall for each other!" I adore this filly!

Fantasy: b. filly, Vernacular - Imagine, by Sadler's Wells
I think the name is fantastic, and I find her pretty exciting.

Frosted: gr. colt, Echo Iced - Snowflake, by Out of Focus
I was shocked I got away with the name... pretty cute!

Gilded: dkb. filly, Seeking the Gold - Flying Solo, by Jet Ski
HOW I got this name, I DO not know. But I LOVE her.

Glorify: bl. filly, Vernacular - Worlds An Audience, by Conduit
Ok, so I'm not listed as breeder, but Lisa was wonderful enough to let me lease Worlds An Audience for the year... I'm a HUGE Worlds Abound fan so I had to get my hands on one! Love this filly.

Intrepid: dkb. colt, Vernacular - Paseana's Girl, by Lode
Still hoping to get a good one out of this mare.

Jolt: b. colt, Voltaic - Dane Ripper, by Danehill
LOVE this name! How FUN is he?

Kaboom: bl. colt, Explode - Photo Shoot, by Out of Focus
Hehehehehe... SO fun.

Left Field: ch. colt, Tondeiru - Out of the Park, by Grand Slam
I think he's interesting, at least.

Magician: gr. colt, End of the Line - Colors Bright, by Zinfandel
Enough said.

Out of Liquor: dkb. colt, Out of Kindness - Midnight Destiny, by Midnightconfession
VERY much love this cross and the name amuses the hell out of me.

Pajama Party: b. filly, Birthday Candles - Stairwaytothestars, by Really A Star
One of my first attempts at actually breeding a steeplechaser. Fingers crossed! I wanted to name her Slumber Party, but this works!

Panda: bl. colt, Tondeiru - Gorella, by Grape Tree Road
I think he's TOTALLY huggable.

Pockets: b. filly, Edict - Remorse, by Herkemayah
I can't even begin to express how PRETTY I think this cross is. And how much I LOVE the name (*sticks hands in pockets, looks away, and smiles*)

Sainted: bl. colt, Tondeiru - Fantasia, by Pi Kappa Dancer
I think he's *stunning*, and find it shocking that the name was available.

Sauna: b. colt, Tondeiru - Mossflower, by Affirmed
From a 15.3hh Tondeiru colt to a 17hh one... there's no level on which I can explain this name to a sane person.

Skeptic: gr. colt, Runaway - See No Evil, by Formal Gold
The other attempt at breeding a steeplechaser. God help this guy if it doesn't work, because his pedigree lends him LESS than no help on the flat.

State Of The Union: gr. colt, American Baby - Bossa Nova, by Desert Warrior
LOVE this cross and, really, Ry, HOW perfect is the name?

Teetotaler: ch. filly, Tondeiru - Creme d'Cacao, by Big Country
Plus, the bartender made me a Pink Squirrel Suzy. I'm not the teetotaler
you think I am.

This Night: bl. filly, Tondeiru - Dark Blue, by Storm Cat
This night's a perfect shade of dark blue, dark blue...

Wealth: ch. colt, Vernacular - Miss Priceless, by Priceless Forever
Love this colt. I find him to be thoroughly exciting.

Whatevskis: ch. filly, Tondeiru - Defiance, by Serena Success
She makes me smile. Whatevskis!

And, the last of the year...
Confound: gr. filly, Vernacular - Riddle Me This, by Tilt A Whirl
The name works on so many levels. And I just LOVE her.
Ryen Hanna
Eclipse Champion

Post by Ryen Hanna »

Susie Raisher wrote: Chief Of Staff: bl. colt, Right Hand Man - Ema Bovary, by Edgy Diplomat
I want to be the guy the guy counts on.

Fall: bl. filly, Vernacular - Red Lights, by The Scarlet Nite
As Ry said... "'cause Josh fell off the bookshelf...Donna told him she slipped and fell with her ankle...and obviously, they fall for each other!" I adore this filly!

Pockets: b. filly, Edict - Remorse, by Herkemayah
I can't even begin to express how PRETTY I think this cross is. And how much I LOVE the name (*sticks hands in pockets, looks away, and smiles*)

State Of The Union: gr. colt, American Baby - Bossa Nova, by Desert Warrior
LOVE this cross and, really, Ry, HOW perfect is the name?

This Night: bl. filly, Tondeiru - Dark Blue, by Storm Cat
This night's a perfect shade of dark blue, dark blue...
Okay, so...

1. I DO want to be the guy the guy counts on!

2. If you were in an accident, I wouldn't stop for red lights.

3. "You're going to do it." Well, I didn't say that. "Yes, you did." When? "Just then. You stuck your hands in your pockets, you looked away and smiled."

SIGH!

4. "Yeah. Ainsley, I wanted to say hello and to you know... mention "a lot of people assumed you were hired because you're a blonde, republican gender kitten" and well, they're obviously wrong. Keep up the good work."

5. Have you ever been alone in a crowded roooom?