Embrace

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Mallory Claire

Post by Mallory Claire »

Shortly after foaling an Adjust the Lens colt, my great matriarch Embrace laid down to rest for good. This is bittersweet for me, and I knew it was coming for quite a while (in fact, I thought her current yearling would be her last), but it is still tough for me to believe that she is really gone.

Embrace really started it all for me. I was a nobody trainer before she set foot on the track, and nothing has been the same since then. From her very first race to Villain's latest winner, every step with this mare has been a surprise, a joy, and an adventure. I never imagined that she would be the matriarch of her very own sprint dynasty, and her foals and grandfoals bring myself, and now many others, great joy.

So thank you, Embrace, and may you rest in peace.
Sarah Chase
Hall of Fame

Post by Sarah Chase »

RIP Embrace!

I love her new foal.
Frayed - $75,000
Liveinthemoment - $25,000
Same - $10,000
It's Been Awhile - $10,000
Grindelwald - $10,000
Skywatching - $7,500
Laura Smith
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Smith »

Such a great mare...So sorry. :( May she rest in peace...
LONG OVERDUE FARM: Keepin' it Canada since Year 16.
Stallions to meet your every need. As long as you need a turf sprinter.
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

It made me really sad, and I knew there had to be a post somewhere. Sorry, Mal, and remember she was a legend!
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Jolene Danner
Hall of Fame

Post by Jolene Danner »

RIP Embrace. That's so sad, sorry for your loss.
Brianna McKenzie
Eclipse Champion

Post by Brianna McKenzie »

A mighty loss. :(

Embrace is a mare I'll remember for all time, as one of the greatest this game has ever seen.
Laura Ferguson
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Ferguson »

So sorry! A loss like that is irreplaceable. The only consolation, such that it is, is at least you still have her sons and daughters - but that isn't really the same, is it? That's how I felt about Desert Darkness.

Laura
Dave Shields
Eclipse Champion

Post by Dave Shields »

RIP Embrace. She left her legacy in her offspring so she will live on. Sorry for your loss. :(
Mallory Claire

Post by Mallory Claire »

I didn't realize how many fans she had! Thanks for helping say goodbye, guys. :)
Nikki Everdeen
Hall of Fame

Post by Nikki Everdeen »

I just noticed this thread, but wanted to say I'm sorry about losing her. It's amazing how we get attached to the equivalent of computer chips, but it happens so easily! I'm scared to death to lose my first horse, and I hope every day that it isn't one of my favorites. May her legacy continue with her sons and daughters!
Inspiration Stud
Standing quality Appaloosas, Arabians, Paints, Quarter Horses, and Thoroughbreds