New for Y38

Any information from the Steward
Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Lisa Strummer
Hall of Fame

Re: New for Y38

Post by Lisa Strummer »

Hopefully the sim Thistle Down will have better racing than the real one. :lol:
That's my new motto: Don't quit, just shut up.-Bryan Doolittle
Friedrich Barbarossa
Hall of Fame

Post by Friedrich Barbarossa »

The Steward wrote:This is a good time to mention the Scottish track is actually in Belgium.
I'm confused...

Darren Rook
Miler

Post by Darren Rook »

For the Belgian Trotter track, I'd like to put forward Epona Park.

Epona was the Belgian horse inside The Legend of Zelda game series. This being a game of horses - it gives a double-nod towards gaming and horses. There would be numerous opportunities for Stakes naming. Also, without question, Zelda was and is a big deal in the gaming world - giving it a nod would be very fitting given the new track location.

You might also pick up traffic with people searching Epona. More so, if Feature News articles begin to cover it.

Win-Win. :wink:

further reading:
http://zelda.wikia.com/wiki/Epona
Joe Bengston
Turf Router

Post by Joe Bengston »

Lisa Strummer wrote:Hopefully the sim Thistle Down will have better racing than the real one. :lol:
this made me lol, literally. I'm from ohio and yes the racing there is pretty bad. I never cared for Thistledown, always liked northfield much better.
I'm Joe bengston in the Sim, so just call me Joe.
Joe Bengston
Turf Router

Post by Joe Bengston »

after going back and re-reading the posts, since there is a Thoroughbred track in ohio called Thistle down, unless there is another Thistle downs, or Thistle down in another country,I do not approve of that name for a harness track. Waffles however, I much approve of that name. and what about Praline raceway? or is that the actual name of a track somewhere? I feel like there should be a harness track in Sweden.
I'm Joe bengston in the Sim, so just call me Joe.
Abe Froman
Hall of Fame

Post by Abe Froman »

I know mixer claimers are coming next year, but the lack of claimers in paints is disturbing. I have a horse or two that has been looking for a claiming race since week 9, and I have yet to be able to enter them.
Nick Gilmore
Hall of Fame

Post by Nick Gilmore »

Lisa Strummer wrote:Hopefully the sim Thistle Down will have better racing than the real one. :lol:
Amen, Thistle Down gives dives a bad name, lol
Sten Rino Haakonsen
Eclipse Champion

Post by Sten Rino Haakonsen »

Well Most Nordic Countries have mainly harness racing tracks and In Norway where I live there only exist one Track that isn't harness
Mark Geukens
Sprinter

Post by Mark Geukens »

Alleyne Torres wrote:Belgium?

...Waffles Racetrack
As a Belgian i agree with this name for our track! :D
Dirt sprint stud: Cobra Venom. 20k, Multiple G1 winner, fantastic pedigree.
Dirt sprint stud: Great Awakening. Only 2,5k, multiple wow producer.
Brian Leavitt
Eclipse Champion

Post by Brian Leavitt »

Abe Froman wrote:I know mixer claimers are coming next year, but the lack of claimers in paints is disturbing. I have a horse or two that has been looking for a claiming race since week 9, and I have yet to be able to enter them.
I have a stable full of cats
Karl Smythe
Hall of Fame

Post by Karl Smythe »

Brian,
That actually made me laugh out loud.
Kinda funny when you are at home in silence watching a serious movie.
K
Is the glass half full? or half empty?
Jo Ferris
Hall of Fame

Post by Jo Ferris »

Abe Froman wrote:I know mixer claimers are coming next year, but the lack of claimers in paints is disturbing. I have a horse or two that has been looking for a claiming race since week 9, and I have yet to be able to enter them.
The lack of (400yd) paint races in general is disturbing, i have several 400yd 2yo maidens that haven't raced for 5+ weeks even though i put 2 horses in every maiden race advalible
Arabian:
Money Run Low - 7.5k
Cass Ole - 5k
Mugello - 5k
All I'll Praise - 5k
Zandvoort - 10k

Paint:
Toby Flenderson - 15k
One In The Woods - 5k
We Can Be Heros - 5k
FLD Eclipse - 3.5k
Scooter - 3.5k
Josh Lamp I
Hall of Fame

Post by Josh Lamp I »

Thistle is in the ghetto but they tore down the old bad barns and they have one of the best surfaces in the country. Plus they have a swimming pool and the purses are increasing.
Don't post anything, it might upset someone.
Alleyne Torres
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Alleyne Torres »

Jo Ferris wrote:
The lack of (400yd) paint races in general is disturbing, i have several 400yd 2yo maidens that haven't raced for 5+ weeks even though i put 2 horses in every maiden race advalible
I had a similar problem. The number of maiden races seems to taper off at the end of the year. I guess some players get rid of horses after they debut poorly so there's no one to split the races.
Paint Stallions Standing. Horses for Sale. Feel free to PM me about gallop/bs/foal comments of my sale horses.
Erin Sanderson
Hall of Fame

Post by Erin Sanderson »

Josh Lamp wrote:
Thistle is in the ghetto but they tore down the old bad barns and they have one of the best surfaces in the country. Plus they have a swimming pool and the purses are increasing.
No joke. I'm pretty excited about the purse hikes. Shows Ohio racing might be on the uphill climb. And, if Thistledown gives dives a bad name, what the heck did that make Beulah Park for the last decade or so? #KindOfMissingRiverDowns

P.S. I'm not much of a Standardbred person, but I am all for having a Waffles Racetrack in the SIM!
First Faith Thoroughbreds

Home of stallions War Like Me, Can't Take the Sky, Browncoat, Forte, Prodigal Son, and more!