SC Race Calls

Any information from the Steward
Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.

Steward's Cup Broadcast?

No broadcast, I didn't miss it!
12%
Regular broadcast, 7 races total over 2 days
47%
All Thursday and Friday races from half pole
33%
If you can't do all 5 days you shouldn't do any
8%

Total votes: 100

The Steward
Hall of Fame

SC Race Calls

Post by The Steward »

In an effort to get the Steward's Cup back in the SIM limelight (last year it went by with such a whimper!) I've hired a babysitter for Thursday afternoon and think I can get away with a few hours on Friday night. My original plan was to have a regular, shortened broadcast both days with an emcee like normal, and just do the four Juvenile Turf and Juvenile (dirt) races on Thursday and maybe the big three races (Distaff, Turf, Classic) on Friday. But then someone mentioned I could do calls for ALL the races from the half-mile pole and skip the emcee. I always feel weird just jumping into a racecall such as "And here we are at the half and this random horse is leading..." but let's get real, I'm calling fake horses whether they're from the gate or the half mile pole. I'm not sure when I'd write the calls but we'd work it out.

So I decided to take a poll of who wants what!
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Nick Gilmore
Hall of Fame

Re: SC Race Calls

Post by Nick Gilmore »

I'm not sure how to vote here...I think it's up to you whatever you can handle. *cheers!*
Danny Derby
Hall of Fame

Post by Danny Derby »

Not sure why 7 calls is winning over 22 calls... I'd have thought people would want to hear their horses in as many races as possible. #NoSense
Louise Bayou
Hall of Fame

Post by Louise Bayou »

I guess I make no sense then. I voted 7 calls because it would be a little easier on The Steward. Of course hearing all of them would be awesome but it would also be a long day.
“It’s like I’m driving a Mac truck with the speed of a Porsche and the brain of a rocket scientist,” Gary Stevens on Beholder
Mr. Lord Rich
Hall of Fame

Post by Mr. Lord Rich »

well with 7 calls, we also get the emcee. Half the fun =)
Last edited by Mr. Lord Rich 10 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
A CAVAL DONATO NON SI GUARDA IN BOCCA
Susie Rydell
Eclipse Champion

Post by Susie Rydell »

Obligatory obnoxious write-in vote for Daybreak story instead of any calls O:-)
Melissa Mae
Hall of Fame

Post by Melissa Mae »

Susie Rydell wrote:Obligatory obnoxious write-in vote for Daybreak story instead of any calls O:-)
This!
Robert Forston
Miler

Post by Robert Forston »

I have to side with Danny I know I'd feel cheated if there are calls for Thurs and Fri but the one I'm running in isn't deemed important enough to call.
Xander Zone
Hall of Fame

Post by Xander Zone »

i vote day break over calls !
since none of the sprints will be part of the calls lol!
Friedrich Barbarossa
Hall of Fame

Post by Friedrich Barbarossa »

I voted 7 because there are too many races in the SC.

If there were 14 instead of the roughly 387 we have now, I would have gone for the half pole call in every race option.
Chris Everett
Hall of Fame

Post by Chris Everett »

Em has only once attempted the mixers sc calls and you know what...? Its not 300 bagazillion races, its the tb ones only she's always called. Frankly having a few and not so much stress means Em's more likely to do more for us, so ya.... go for the 7. Results are gonna be the same at the result time whether she calls them or not.
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

I am quite surprised, I thought doing all 22 would win "by a pole" - actual broadcast time will be the same either way. If all 22 calls wins, they will be crammed into a ~90 minute period, if 4 calls/3 calls wins, it will be the same, just with Scott's dulcet tones in between my yakkin'.
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Mr. Lord Rich
Hall of Fame

Post by Mr. Lord Rich »

I like Scott's dulcet tones!!!
A CAVAL DONATO NON SI GUARDA IN BOCCA
Chris Everett
Hall of Fame

Post by Chris Everett »

I agree with Pete, Scott makes it intresting when he talks :D
Kenzie Larkin
Derby Contender

Post by Kenzie Larkin »

Susie Rydell wrote:Obligatory obnoxious write-in vote for Daybreak story instead of any calls O:-)
Count me in for this vote too. :P