SC Race Calls

Any information from the Steward
Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.

Steward's Cup Broadcast?

No broadcast, I didn't miss it!
12%
Regular broadcast, 7 races total over 2 days
47%
All Thursday and Friday races from half pole
33%
If you can't do all 5 days you shouldn't do any
8%

Total votes: 100

Erin Sanderson
Hall of Fame

Re: SC Race Calls

Post by Erin Sanderson »

Susie Rydell wrote:Obligatory obnoxious write-in vote for Daybreak story instead of any calls O:-)
Get rid of my vote, I've changed my mind. I'm with Susie, Mel, Kenzie, etc.
First Faith Thoroughbreds

Home of stallions War Like Me, Can't Take the Sky, Browncoat, Forte, Prodigal Son, and more!
Matilda Harry
Classic Contender

Post by Matilda Harry »

Pretty annoyed I won't get to hear my horse called, I'm sure other players are too.

I understand that The Steward needs time off (I mean come on, babies!) but on the other hand, why should some people get to hear their horses called and others not? If only some races are called, I vote that no races should be called at all.
Nena Olson
Hall of Fame

Post by Nena Olson »

I voted for all 22 :) Though most of my entries are in on Thursday anyway but only 1 in the sc turf juve, the other two are in the sprint races. I would love to hear the mile, f&m turf, sprint and filly & mare sprint.
Last edited by Nena Olson 10 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
✧.* SIM Artist ੈ✩‧₊˚
Josh Lamp I
Hall of Fame

Post by Josh Lamp I »

I'm in agreement with the Daybreak and forget calls bandwagon.
Don't post anything, it might upset someone.
Paul Heinrich
Hall of Fame

Post by Paul Heinrich »

My write-in is to go back to 13 Steward's Cup races (The 4 main juvy races, then turf sprint, dirt sprint, F&M dirt sprint, dirt mile, turf mile, F&M turf, distaff, turf, classic). Then the Steward will have time to focus on making the event awesome.
"They're not going to kick me out." - Tim Matthews
Scott Eiland
Hall of Fame

Post by Scott Eiland »

Erin Sanderson wrote:
Susie Rydell wrote:Obligatory obnoxious write-in vote for Daybreak story instead of any calls O:-)
Get rid of my vote, I've changed my mind. I'm with Susie, Mel, Kenzie, etc.
This hatred of my dulcet tones makes me sad.
Host of the Hold All Tickets podcast on my own website. Your internet pal.
Xander Zone
Hall of Fame

Post by Xander Zone »

dont worry scott we will still listen to your pod casts
Madelene Gilbert
Hall of Fame

Post by Madelene Gilbert »

I guess this means I have to plan for my annual AW SC previews??? Does anyone listen to them anyway? :P
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

Race calls generally take me 2-8 hours to write (depending on if it's the short day or the long day). Daybreak takes 20-25 hours. I vote a big fat no to Daybreak.... not until the kids are in daycare or preschool or something! ;-)
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Rebecca Rose Hepburn
Hall of Fame

Post by Rebecca Rose Hepburn »

I would like to change my vote to 22 race calls, with Scott having to make a corny sim-related joke between each one.
A horse is the projection of peoples' dreams about themselves - strong, powerful, beautiful - and it has the capability of giving us escape from our mundane existence.- Pam Brown
Christy Williams
Miler

Post by Christy Williams »

22 calls :)
Talia Ichinari
Hall of Fame

Post by Talia Ichinari »

I got confused and thought the 22 races option was actually a Thursday and Friday only even though I read the paragraph first. Though for me it doesn't matter because my horses aren't TBs. I'd love to hear their names called for ONCE and feel like we're part of the SC festival but I can understand though I liked how we did it last time they all were called and Em had someone else call the mixers. I thought that worked really well honestly.

ETA: I picked the none called option because I'm selfish and just want my babies to have spotlight too.
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

Color me confused but I've never had anyone else call races, it's always been just me. So the couple of times we had mixer calls were also me...
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Ashley Gibson
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Ashley Gibson »

The Steward wrote:Color me confused but I've never had anyone else call races, it's always been just me. So the couple of times we had mixer calls were also me...
I know when I Emceed the mixers, it was a super long night (but fun) even though the races were like 10 seconds long.
"I think it needs to be reiterated that Ashley Gibson is my hero.." - John Slotman (March 4, 2010 0757)

4:16 PM [John Slotman] I don't even know where to start.
4:16 PM [John Slotman] Except I heart Ashley.
Amy Bahama
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Amy Bahama »

I'd just let the race calls slide. If you aren't going to do it for all of them, don't do it for any, but I voted to just skip it all together.
Iron City Louisiana

Home to many quality stallions to meet all your racing needs for a reasonable fee.