Y37 SC Chase - Who's Winning?

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Jazz Brown
Derby Contender

Y37 SC Chase - Who's Winning?

Post by Jazz Brown »

It's weird seeing all the old crew gone.

The only returning starters are Ghost Angel (placed 5th in Y36), Mijn Koningin (4th), Pearl Lane (7th), Polonaise (12th), Researcher (1st), and Russian (2nd). Actually that turned out to be more returning horses than I thought it would be but still...No more Centauros and Factious. No more big rivalries between the top horses this year as for the most part everyone tended to avoid each other (whether it be unintentional or not). Two SIM years ago there were two or three 9yros and another 2 or 3 8yros in Y35's edition of the SC Chase. This year the old timers are one 9yro horse, an old hard knocking gelding attempting to go out with a bang, and the returning 8yros Mijn Koningin and Cowboy Jack. We have one 4yro, five 5yros, two 6yros, and three 7yros racing this year. Remember the days when running a 4yro was nearly unheard of, seeing a 5yro was rare, and the best horses were between 7 and 9 years old? I'm not sure what I think of this new trend in the steeplechasers lol. Don't get me wrong, precocious young steeplechasers are nice to see but what is happening to the hard knocking runners still going strong at 8 years old?

ANYWAY, who do you guys think is going to win this year? Is it Russian's time? He's improved each time he's run in the SC and there is only one way to go after his 2nd place finish in Y36. Researcher is as solid as ever and is coming off a nice win in GBR against 4 other horses contending the SC this year. One of those is What Would You Do whom is bound for a win after three 2nds places in a row and having run a 100 SF in his last 7 races. Mijn Koningin was beaten by about a length in Y36 but clearly secured her 4th place finish with the next runner 1 1/4 lengths behind her. The lone 4yro of the race (at this point in time at least), Squirrel's Leap, has a 5-0-1 record from 6 races and has only run below a 100 SF once and could pull it off, but has age a a 4 week break before the SC working against him. Not to mention he hasn't faced competition of this caliber yet in his young career (talk about one to watch these next couple years though!). There is also a ton of other young talent in this race that all have a shot at winning the chasing world's biggest purse as well!
Standing at Stud:
Dogfox Apparatus (steeplechaser & dirt mile/route)
The Jumpstart (steeplechaser)
NEW! No Traces (Shadowless x Tremendous Machine G1-winning steeplechaser)
NEW! All In Now (G1-placed and G3-winning steeplechaser by Manayunk)
Chani Ruzzo
Hall of Fame

Re: Y37 SC Chase - Who's Winning?

Post by Chani Ruzzo »

honestly I hate my older horses all i have worthy of SC are young stock and they aren't ready yet. My money is on WWYD, partially cause I own him and horses I lease out tend to do really well for their people
Gryphon Flight Stud, Home of Stallions: What Would You Do, Heartbrake Hotel, Remembered Soldier, Courageous Angel, Cowboy Builder, Bird Jumper, Touchdown Raiders, Dubai Awesmoness, Sikorsky, Faith in the Child, and Touchdown Dancer.
Melissa Mae
Hall of Fame

Re: Y37 SC Chase - Who's Winning?

Post by Melissa Mae »

I'm not big on Made a Move's chances but I figure the mare has run a 100 speed figure in a G3 at the distance so why not throw her in for giggles. It will be her final race no matter what, so why not try to take her out on the highest note possible?