Y38 Updates Thread

Any information from the Steward
Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Regina Moore
Hall of Fame

Re: Break Updates Thread

Post by Regina Moore »

With this new update, I see that I've written 225 articles.

:o
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

Bump
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Karl Smythe
Hall of Fame

Post by Karl Smythe »

Claim Game sounds like a whole lot of fun :wink:
Is the glass half full? or half empty?
J K Rowling
Eclipse Champion

Post by J K Rowling »

It was a very bad decision to sell all of my GG male yearlings.
"The way I look at it, I'm not meeting anyone better than Julie K... so what am I missing?"

The Sim: Where the horses are made up and cheating doesn't matter.
Regina Moore
Hall of Fame

Post by Regina Moore »

I'm really glad that I picked up some 55 colts during the big AJ mixer sale. :D
Kyasuriin Matsumoto
Hall of Fame

Post by Kyasuriin Matsumoto »

Julie Kluesener wrote:It was a very bad decision to sell all of my GG male yearlings.
I've got plenty for sale. :wink:
Gateway Farms
Tammy Stawicki
Hall of Fame

Post by Tammy Stawicki »

I would like to point out on how many levels the claim game is awesome...

1. More claiming races for mixed breeds, look at how successful the "Alaska" experiment was for thoroughbreds hopefully the new mixer claimers will prove just as amazing.
2. Giving claimers more value, hopefully reducing the horses that are immediately sent to AJ the second they don't gallop well. Plus if people are hanging on to horses longer hopefully more late bloomers will get their chance to shine.
3. Great opportunity for newer players who can't necessarily afford stakes horses but can easily get some nice claimers and rack up some money to in the future afford nicer horses.

This is just really novel and cool and exciting. Bravo sim powers that be. Bravo.
Turf Miler studs
Hempstead
Nonego
Omnsicience

Paint Sprinter studs
Jersey
Lecythus*

Paint Mid studs
Corona Wagon Train*
Jacinth
Komati*
Livewires Turnpike*

Discounts for stakes winners/producers
* = multidistance potential
Dave Zilla
Miler

Post by Dave Zilla »

IS the weekly prize given to the owner that accumulates the most points that week or has the highest point total for the season to date?
Dave Zilla
Jo Ferris
Hall of Fame

Post by Jo Ferris »

I agree with Tammy, the claim game should be very helpful to new players and keeping horses from being sent straight to AJ by giving claimers more value. It sounds cool and fun but I personally don't have the patience or the time to run many claimers but now maybe i can actually sell my claimers instead of retiring/pensioning.
Arabian:
Money Run Low - 7.5k
Cass Ole - 5k
Mugello - 5k
All I'll Praise - 5k
Zandvoort - 10k

Paint:
Toby Flenderson - 15k
One In The Woods - 5k
We Can Be Heros - 5k
FLD Eclipse - 3.5k
Scooter - 3.5k
Jack Meyer
Eclipse Champion

Post by Jack Meyer »

This is an awesome new addition to the game....I know I have lots of horses that would likely do good in the claimers levels, but i choose not to put them there, or their isnt any available, so I force them into races they have a hard time winning....I know I will likely keep several horses that I would normally send to AJ a lot longer just for this...

Thank Em and Team

Jack
My Sires:
DR -Mr.White Socks - 50,000
Appy Sprinter- Wings Of Inferno - 15,000
Appy Sprinter - Chain Of Thorns - 7,500
Appy Miler - Chasing Dragons - 15,000
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

Dave Zilla wrote:IS the weekly prize given to the owner that accumulates the most points that week or has the highest point total for the season to date?
The weekly prize is for that week alone, not the season to date.
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
LA Pepper
Grade 1 Winner

Post by LA Pepper »

Not sure this is a great idea. Doesn't it help the players with more horses/more time. Well, anyway it doesn't 'hurt' me so why not. On the other hand I can see it hurting me because I have mostly claimers, and there will be more competition. After having a very bad Year 37, I'm not sure I like the idea of more competition. Oh well - bring it on!
Jennifer Klebsch
Miler

Post by Jennifer Klebsch »

Pepper Carol wrote:Not sure this is a great idea. Doesn't it help the players with more horses/more time. Well, anyway it doesn't 'hurt' me so why not. On the other hand I can see it hurting me because I have mostly claimers, and there will be more competition. After having a very bad Year 37, I'm not sure I like the idea of more competition. Oh well - bring it on!
Ditto. I had all of 1 stakes win in Year 37 and the only way my stable limped through was thanks to my claimers and quite a few easier spots. That said, I am glad that claimers themselves will have more incentive now instead of simply being tossed to AJ, and perhaps they'll be easier to sell as well.
PROUD BREEDER/OWNER OF:

GOLD SWEPT, Steward's Cup Juvenile Fillies Sprint champion, GRADED STAKES winner at 2, 3, 4, 5, AND 6, earner of $1.9 million!

LAST PARADE, Steward's Cup placed, G1 winner of graded stakes at 2, 3, and 4!
Eric Nalbone
Hall of Fame

Post by Eric Nalbone »

My view on this is that for the people concerned about increasing competition in claiming races, deeper claiming fields are fundamentally a good thing for everyone as you should ostensibly be able to take advantage of those pushing for points in this competition to acquire horses running below their level. The beauty of a claiming race is that you can't just stick a great horse in below its level and snag an easy win with no consequences: you'll lose the horse.

So if you really do notice the level of competition in claimers increasing, start claiming the good horses out of cheap races and moving them up in levels! It'll increase the quality of your barn, as you'll be able to ditch the lower level claimers for higher level claimers, and provide you with potential new revenue streams if those horses are claimed out of the higher tag races. I think it may wind up needing a few more iterations if the prizes all wind up heading to the same cast of characters over and over again to help provide incentives to a broader base of people, but I think anything that increases the selection of horses available via claimers gives opportunities to people who are (no pun intended) willing to play the claiming game and hunt for talent there, even if the immediate reaction feels like there may be more competition. Claimers just let you buy that competition if you feel strongly enough about it!
Kevin Rivers
Miler

Post by Kevin Rivers »

How much longer for this break !? :| Aah getting so anxious to start the new year...