Y38 Updates Thread

Any information from the Steward
Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Tom Lin
Grade 1 Winner

Re: Break Updates Thread

Post by Tom Lin »

I'm in the same boat as you Patrick. Would like to. Can't afford it.
Nick Gilmore
Hall of Fame

Post by Nick Gilmore »

I own a farm. If I was offered the option of building an additional barn on that farm for a one time price, I probably would. I could use it for lay ups, whether it's an injured runner or a yearling who needs additional time, at my discretion. If I did not own a farm, I should expect to have to lease alternate stabling.

Seeing as I don't have the option, I will continue to reduce my numbers to keep things manageable.
Kyasuriin Matsumoto
Hall of Fame

Post by Kyasuriin Matsumoto »

I like what Nick said. If I had the option to purchase permanently for a large lump sum I would save for that. Having to renew a lease every year is just one more thing for me to forget. It'd be nice to have that option (but still have the lease option available as well).

Edited to add: It would be nice to have a lease to own option too. If you pay $50k every year, it pays toward the total cost. Helps promote sticking around longer. Just throwing ideas out there.
Gateway Farms
Laura Cameron
Eclipse Champion

Post by Laura Cameron »

I was expecting, admittedly based on nothing, to be able to create several permanent 'sub-barns' with custom names within each existing barn and then assign horses to those in the same way we assign types to horses now. This would be for a GP fee, larger one off $SIM fee, SIMperior bonus, doesn't matter. That way I wouldn't have to remember that 'all weather miler' actually means 'horses that are not currently racing and need further equipment testing' or whatever, and races would still be filtered properly. I currently miss a lot of horses in entries/training because I can't remember what they're supposed to be doing, and using spreadsheets or notes is impractical because I often use the SIM on mobile.

Just my thoughts - as I said, I do appreciate the effort that went into the new feature.
Thundering: leading turf mile sire with average offspring earnings over $70,000
Legionnaire: Steward's Cup Turf Mile winner and sire of 5 stakes winning juveniles in his freshman year
Coming soon: Early Edition and Square
Tammy Fox
Eclipse Champion

Post by Tammy Fox »

I like the new alt barns. I can finally separate my TB's from Arabians in the training barn and I can also put my TB's I want to sell or lease in the alt barns. I am happy with the new feature. I don't have 40 mil in the bank but I was willing to spend a little just to have this feature so I would be able to better manage my barns. I agree with Eric you can write articles and earn good money to get you a barn or even save money up to buy you a nice horse.
People always enjoy the articles whether there are reviews on different races, stallions, etc. Even enjoy the funny entertaining ones that people do too.
Paul Heinrich
Hall of Fame

Post by Paul Heinrich »

Not that this is a thread asking for advice on changing the new toys... but the one small (at least what I think would be small) tweak that would help me the most is to be able to assign the horses from the individual horses page. A "Move this horse to the Alt Barn" button. Then I don't have to try to track down the unnamed horses I want to move.
"They're not going to kick me out." - Tim Matthews
Anna Leroux
Hall of Fame

Post by Anna Leroux »

I would love it if you would add on the drop down (with selected horses) the option to price them all like each horse is priced the same price for sale, to GP groups of horses, and retire groups of horses!
Alleyne Torres
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Alleyne Torres »

Is there no claim game for steeplechasers?
Paint Stallions Standing. Horses for Sale. Feel free to PM me about gallop/bs/foal comments of my sale horses.
Kelley Wachter
Eclipse Champion

Post by Kelley Wachter »

Anna Leroux wrote:I would love it if you would add on the drop down (with selected horses) the option to price them all like each horse is priced the same price for sale, to GP groups of horses, and retire groups of horses!

Yes.... or on the "horses for sale by me" page the option to "renew" them at current prices or modify prices as a group .....
Kelley Wachter
Eclipse Champion

Post by Kelley Wachter »

Anna Leroux wrote:I would love it if you would add on the drop down (with selected horses) the option to price them all like each horse is priced the same price for sale, to GP groups of horses, and retire groups of horses!

Yes.... or on the "horses for sale by me" page the option to "renew" them at current prices or modify prices as a group .....
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

Bump because a new thing. It's still kind of break except not really.
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Louise Bayou
Hall of Fame

Post by Louise Bayou »

Random injury counter. Thanks
“It’s like I’m driving a Mac truck with the speed of a Porsche and the brain of a rocket scientist,” Gary Stevens on Beholder
Nikki Everdeen
Hall of Fame

Post by Nikki Everdeen »

YAY!!!! Thanks!!!
Inspiration Stud
Standing quality Appaloosas, Arabians, Paints, Quarter Horses, and Thoroughbreds
Abe Froman
Hall of Fame

Post by Abe Froman »

Alleyne Torres wrote:Is there no claim game for steeplechasers?
My guess is that they would be lumped with TBs.
Regina Moore
Hall of Fame

Post by Regina Moore »

The FAQ says that one of the things they'll look at in the future is breaking out steeplechasing from Thoroughbreds.

So, for now, steeplechasers are in with Thoroughbreds.