Y38 Updates Thread

Any information from the Steward
Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Laura Smith
Hall of Fame

Re: Break Updates Thread

Post by Laura Smith »

The Steward wrote:Easier scrolling through your messages!
THANKYOUUUUUUU
LONG OVERDUE FARM: Keepin' it Canada since Year 16.
Stallions to meet your every need. As long as you need a turf sprinter.
Burgundy Hill Farms
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Burgundy Hill Farms »

you know what I think would be cool?

You know how we have that "info" column on our pages...like racing barn and training, etc? Well, what if we could type in the quality of the horse gallop in that column? As of now, all it ever says is a sales price if up for sale and if the horse is injured.

I think having that info column contain the gallop comment would make it super easy to plan which horses go into which type of race without having to constantly go in and out of each horse's individual page to see the notes or history to get that gallop comment.

Maybe also allow us to put in if the equip is set on a horse or not...and if not, which piece is set.

Just a thought.

But, believe me, I am very appreciative of the Steward and the SIM team for the improvements over the years and the new ones yet to come! So, thanks Em and team!!

LA Pepper
Grade 1 Winner

Post by LA Pepper »

Another cool idea would be to have a separate page, like the training page or pasture, to have available to put 'lay-ups'. This would help to put horses 'on the shelf' either due to injury, or horses that I just want to rest/mature for awhile before entering, or steeplechase horses that I want to wait until they are 4 before racing, etc. I find myself forgetting my original plans and mucking them up.
Patrick Noto
Sprinter

Post by Patrick Noto »

Actually Phil.... I would like us to be able to use the info column for any purpose we would like. Possibly those horses still needing and equip workout. Wow's or stakes horses. I'm sure everyone could find a use that would suit their own purpose. Just a thought. Pat
Jo Ferris
Hall of Fame

Post by Jo Ferris »

I agree with Phil, putting the gallop comment in the info column would be very helpful and a huge time saver, as for the equipment, it'd be extremely helpful, honestly right now the only horses i can actually get the equipment set correctly are my good horses, the rest i don't bother with because i don't have the time. Though i do like Patrick's idea too, where you can enter whatever you want. Just a thought, obviously i don't know anything about the limitations of the programs used for this.
Pepper Carol wrote:Another cool idea would be to have a separate page, like the training page or pasture, to have available to put 'lay-ups'. This would help to put horses 'on the shelf' either due to injury, or horses that I just want to rest/mature for awhile before entering, or steeplechase horses that I want to wait until they are 4 before racing, etc. I find myself forgetting my original plans and mucking them up.
I don't know how you run your barn, but what i did when i ran steeplechasers is i would put my plans in the horses notes, that way whenever i went to sell the horse or retire them i would see that
Arabian:
Money Run Low - 7.5k
Cass Ole - 5k
Mugello - 5k
All I'll Praise - 5k
Zandvoort - 10k

Paint:
Toby Flenderson - 15k
One In The Woods - 5k
We Can Be Heros - 5k
FLD Eclipse - 3.5k
Scooter - 3.5k
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

Bump for new steeplechase comment. And I promise there is more to come this week!
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Nick Gilmore
Hall of Fame

Post by Nick Gilmore »

Pepper Carol wrote:Another cool idea would be to have a separate page, like the training page or pasture, to have available to put 'lay-ups'. This would help to put horses 'on the shelf' either due to injury, or horses that I just want to rest/mature for awhile before entering, or steeplechase horses that I want to wait until they are 4 before racing, etc. I find myself forgetting my original plans and mucking them up.
:mrgreen: terrific idea!
Laura Cameron
Eclipse Champion

Post by Laura Cameron »

Any ETA on the organisational thingy? I was holding off on doing any entries until it was implemented, so I could organise as I went, but I'll stop waiting if it's not going to be today-ish. Thanks :)
Thundering: leading turf mile sire with average offspring earnings over $70,000
Legionnaire: Steward's Cup Turf Mile winner and sire of 5 stakes winning juveniles in his freshman year
Coming soon: Early Edition and Square
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

Laura Cameron wrote:Any ETA on the organisational thingy? I was holding off on doing any entries until it was implemented, so I could organise as I went, but I'll stop waiting if it's not going to be today-ish. Thanks :)
It has been unfortunately delayed twice - first for a funeral, then for illness. This weekend the admin is out of town so I'm not sure if it will be done but it's very close! Not today though :-(
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Tyler Anthony
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Tyler Anthony »

Since we are throwing ideas, can we get a checkbox column in the training page so when the certain horse has completed training we can check the box and know which horses still need training.
If winning isn't everything, then why do we keep score? - Vince Lombardi
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

Alt barns are now up!
Nick Gilmore
Hall of Fame

Post by Nick Gilmore »

Wow, I'm speechless. Thanks much!

Hahaha, it seems I spoke too soon.
Landon Alexander
Hall of Fame

Post by Landon Alexander »

Love the alternate barns! I second the idea of having gallop comments in the info portion... or just a column in general as that would be a huge time saver. :)
Patrick Noto
Sprinter

Post by Patrick Noto »

I love the idea of the 3 alternate barns but don't understand why it should cost $50,000 for each barn to use it. This favors the more established players who already have so many dollars that they can spend ridiculous amounts of money ($12,500,000 and still going higher) at an auction for one horse. As a junior player, it hurts to not be able to use the extra barns, but I don't have enough money saved yet to use them and still be able to build my stable with some WOWS. JMO, but disappointed. Pat
Eric Nalbone
Hall of Fame

Post by Eric Nalbone »

Patrick Noto wrote:I love the idea of the 3 alternate barns but don't understand why it should cost $50,000 for each barn to use it. This favors the more established players who already have so many dollars that they can spend ridiculous amounts of money ($12,500,000 and still going higher) at an auction for one horse. As a junior player, it hurts to not be able to use the extra barns, but I don't have enough money saved yet to use them and still be able to build my stable with some WOWS. JMO, but disappointed. Pat
You could write three 500 - 1,000 word articles ($20k/each) about how you'd suggest utilizing the three new barns for The Feature Race and pay for the cost necessary to rent one of them for a year, and have the ability to use one of the new barns and fund a $10k stud fee. For the record, by my count there were 53 words in the first (admittedly long) sentence of my post. You only need ten of those submitted to the Feature Race. Then the SIM gives you $20k. If it was less than 500 words, you still may get something (not sure how the pricing works).

Admittedly, if you really were to go do that, you could continue organizing your stable in the same way as has worked for you thus far and take the $60k you'd earn from those three articles and go spend in in a player auction trying to find a Wow for that price, but it really just becomes a question of what you want to do with your money at that point, because earning it isn't that hard.

Updated word count of my post to the semicolon directly following this line: 195 (approximate value would now be $7,800).

------

Moral of the story: if these are more valuable to you than your alternative uses of $50k, go for it. If not, don't - that's an individual decision. But the $50k isn't a deal breaker.