SDP Canadian Triple Crown

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
D's Racing Stable
Miler

SDP Canadian Triple Crown

Post by D's Racing Stable »

The SDP Canadian Triple Crown races are already up in the stakes schedule for next year and the purses dates and distances are all set in place. I hope there are full fileds in this years races and that the horses who take part go on to do well after the SDP racing series. As a bonus the winner of the triple crown this year will get 10 free breedings to any one of my stallions. Adding $400,000 in bonuses.

D"s Honour $5,000
D's Excaping (Champion) $40,000
Bluegrass stakes $10,000

Racing History

YR 35 SDP Juvenile Stakes - D's Bluegrass 76 SF Purse - $100,000
YR 35 SDP Canadian Derby - Bluegrass Prince 75SF Purse $300,000
YR 35 SDP Canadian Stakes - Bluegrass Prince Purse $200,000
YR 35 SDP Breeder's Stakes - Bluegrass Prince Purse $300,000

Triple Crown Champion - Bluegrass Stakes

3yo Colt/Fillies $300,000 (Canadian Bred Only) 3rd Jewel The SDP Canadian Breeders Stakes 1/1/4 Mile All Weather (CAN Gr1) 7 Monday Plastic Park

3yo Colt/Fillies $200,000 (Canadian Bred Only) 2nd Jewel The SDP Canadian Stakes 1/3/16 Dirt (CAN Gr1) 4 Friday Child’s Play Park

3yo Colt/Fillies $500,000 (Canadian Bred Only) 1st Jewel The SDP Canadian Derby 1/1/8 All Weather (CAN Gr1) 2 Friday Plastic Park

2yo Colt/Fillies $250,000 (Canadian Bred Only) SDP Canadian Derby Trial Stakes 1/1/8 All Weather (CAN Gr1) 16 Friday Plastic Park

3yo and up Colt/Fillies $300,000 (Open) Grade 2 Santino's Canadian Horse Racing News Stakes 1/1/4 All Weather (CAN) 13 Friday Artificial Arena
D's Racing Stables
Garret Folsom
Hall of Fame

Re: SDP Canadian Triple Crown

Post by Garret Folsom »

I'm excited for this. Max Bluegrass had a terrible start to his career, but rebounded in the SDP trial this year and finished second. Hope he can make some noise this year.
D's Racing Stable
Miler

Thanks Garret me to i hope he does well for you and runs well after the series. Maybe the Stew will do a race call for the derby if there is a big field?????:)
D's Racing Stables
Madelene Gilbert
Hall of Fame

Post by Madelene Gilbert »

Racing Goddess *would* be taking on the boys in Week 2, if she'd been bred in Canada. Guess I'll be waiting for my 4 stakes Treasure Strikes to hit the track this year instead...
D's Racing Stable
Miler

That would be great to see a nice filly like that run in the Triple crown!! To bad she is not Canadian Bred.
D's Racing Stables
Garret Folsom
Hall of Fame

Post by Garret Folsom »

It looks like a pretty nice sized field. Should be a tough race. Here's hoping Max Bluegrass can pull this one off!!!
Kay O. Johnson
Grade 2 Winner

Post by Kay O. Johnson »

I just wanted to point out that the CAN bred only races ARE NOT GRADED STAKES as state or country restricted races cannot be graded races as was pointed out by the Steward in the TX bred QH races.
D's Racing Stable
Miler

LOL just like real life its a CANADIAN GRADE 1 just like the Queen's Plate..... Also its the largest purses in All weather either you like it or you don't..... Don't matter to me
D's Racing Stables
Madelene Gilbert
Hall of Fame

Post by Madelene Gilbert »

D's Racing Stable wrote:LOL just like real life its a CANADIAN GRADE 1 just like the Queen's Plate..... Also its the largest purses in All weather either you like it or you don't..... Don't matter to me
I think what Kay meant to say is that it's misleading calling them a G1 when they are a listed stakes. This is the SIM; a G1 is a G1 and a listed stakes is a listed stakes. There's no distinction between levels or circuits; it doesn't matter.

So yes, while the purse money is noteworthy, you will not get G1 points for running in this race (or any of the SDP "Jewels").