A SIM Update and Note From the Steward

Any information from the Steward
Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Laura Ferguson
Hall of Fame

Re: A SIM Update and Note From the Steward

Post by Laura Ferguson »

Got it. Thanks - I didn't really want to look at them, either :)
Regina Moore
Hall of Fame

Post by Regina Moore »

So, if we equipment check a second time, and get a different comment, that's how we know the prior comment was wrong?

ETA: I mean equipment checked the second time this weekend.
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

Regina Moore wrote:So, if we equipment check a second time, and get a different comment, that's how we know the prior comment was wrong?

ETA: I mean equipment checked the second time this weekend.
Correct... if you want to really understand it, horses with odd numbered IDs were all incorrect, and even numbered IDs were correct.
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Regina Moore
Hall of Fame

Post by Regina Moore »

horses with odd numbered IDs were all incorrect, and even numbered IDs were correct.
Great! This is extremely helpful, in terms of who I need to check again.
Mr. Lord Rich
Hall of Fame

Post by Mr. Lord Rich »

Regina Moore wrote:
horses with odd numbered IDs were all incorrect, and even numbered IDs were correct.

So if the odd numbers ID horses were incorrect, can we assume that the horse below is actually a vet piece since yesterday it said it should be a gallop piece?

2014-04-26 Trainer: Horse 1387061271's forelegs were pretty hot after that last gallop. To avoid injury, you should add bandages. I think she needs one other piece of equipment too, but I will have to observe this horse in training to try to figure it out.
A CAVAL DONATO NON SI GUARDA IN BOCCA
Regina Moore
Hall of Fame

Post by Regina Moore »

Actually, what I'm finding is that, with the odd-numbered horses, if it said it was a gallop piece yesterday, then it's still a gallop piece today. But if it said it was a vet piece yesterday, today it's a gallop piece.

In short, the only horses I've come across today that need a vet piece are the even numbered horses that also needed a vet piece yesterday.
Mr. Lord Rich
Hall of Fame

Post by Mr. Lord Rich »

Pete Vella wrote:
Regina Moore wrote:

So if the odd numbers ID horses were incorrect, can we assume that the horse below is actually a vet piece since yesterday it said it should be a gallop piece?

2014-04-26 Trainer: Horse 1387061271's forelegs were pretty hot after that last gallop. To avoid injury, you should add bandages. I think she needs one other piece of equipment too, but I will have to observe this horse in training to try to figure it out.

Also I just noticed that the GP trainer comment changed and is now using the verbiage from the gallop comment as part of the GP trainer's statement. I guess it's not that big of a deal, but it almost looks like I galloped my horse when in fact I didn't. Just something I noticed.

Original trainer comment:
2014-04-03 Trainer: Horse 1387061271's right foreleg is a bit swollen today. Bandages are in order. I think she needs one other piece of equipment too.

New Trainer comment:
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

Its much more complicated than I said, basically ONLY odd numbers could have been wrong but not all were.

And we didnt change any of the comments, so that one has been there.
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
LA Pepper
Grade 1 Winner

Post by LA Pepper »

So, maybe, I would not have sold my WOW Steward bred poor performer YESTERDAY for very cheap(10,000), if I'd have known this feature was coming!!!? Grrrr.
Kyasuriin Matsumoto
Hall of Fame

Post by Kyasuriin Matsumoto »

I went from 120 horses in my alternate racing barn needing equipment to 56 using this feature. Thanks!
Gateway Farms
Mr. Lord Rich
Hall of Fame

Post by Mr. Lord Rich »

Pepper Carol wrote:So, maybe, I would not have sold my WOW Steward bred poor performer YESTERDAY for very cheap(10,000), if I'd have known this feature was coming!!!? Grrrr.
Ughh not fair to blame this on anything, but yourself.
And to be honest with you, not sure why it's such a big deal since you have been running that horse in claiming races every couple weeks since Year 37 Week 4 with some of those races as low as 5K claimers.
LA Pepper
Grade 1 Winner

Post by LA Pepper »

Dear Pete - you seem to never like people venting. -- It happens . . and I never blamed anyone but myself. Sorry I annoyed you.
Mr. Lord Rich
Hall of Fame

Post by Mr. Lord Rich »

Pepper Carol wrote:Dear Pete - you seem to never like people venting. -- It happens . . and I never blamed anyone but myself. Sorry I annoyed you.
This is my 4th Season in the Sim and venting seems to be a pretty common trend.

Very discouraging for some of the newer players to always read through so many of the complaints in forum threads.
J K Rowling
Eclipse Champion

Post by J K Rowling »

Pete Vella wrote:
Pepper Carol wrote:Dear Pete - you seem to never like people venting. -- It happens . . and I never blamed anyone but myself. Sorry I annoyed you.
This is my 4th Season in the Sim and venting seems to be a pretty common trend.

Very discouraging for some of the newer players to always read through so many of the complaints in forum threads.
Without venting half of the features on the sim wouldn't exist. But by all means, if it disturbs the newbies...
"The way I look at it, I'm not meeting anyone better than Julie K... so what am I missing?"

The Sim: Where the horses are made up and cheating doesn't matter.
Louise Bayou
Hall of Fame

Post by Louise Bayou »

I think what Pete is frustrated about is all of the "Oh my barn sucks" comments. I don't think he has a problem with people making suggestions on how to make the Sim better.

And to be honest, I read Pepper's comment as she felt like it was the Sim's fault she sold the horse so cheap too. It seemed to me she felt like maybe there should have been a "hey we are adding this feature soon" type of notice. Maybe that isn't how she meant it but I can see why Pete felt that it was.

But anyway...I am very excited about this new feature!!
“It’s like I’m driving a Mac truck with the speed of a Porsche and the brain of a rocket scientist,” Gary Stevens on Beholder