A SIM Update and Note From the Steward

Any information from the Steward
Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
The Steward
Hall of Fame

A SIM Update and Note From the Steward

Post by The Steward »

We have added an update to the "Ask About Equipment" game point option. Now, when you pay to ask about equipment the trainer will tell you whether the second piece you are looking for is a "training" piece ("I will have to observe this horse in training to figure it out") or a "vet" piece ("I can't help you with that."). Now you will know whether you should be vetting or training your horse to get that second piece.

I know that most people have paid to check their yearlings already this year, so we could have waited until the start of the new year to launch this, but it is ready now so why wait another 2 months?

--
This update concludes game updates for a long time. There may be little tweaks here and there, but our efforts are going to focus 100% on creating SIM 6.0 to launch in March 2015 (at the start of Year 41). The list of stuff to make/add/change for this is wildly extensive, it is going to be all hands on deck for a long time! We hope you'll eagerly anticipate this launch with us. Happy racing!
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Lisa Strummer
Hall of Fame

Re: A SIM Update and Note From the Steward

Post by Lisa Strummer »

Very cool. Thanks!!
That's my new motto: Don't quit, just shut up.-Bryan Doolittle
Nena Olson
Hall of Fame

Post by Nena Olson »

Yay! Except now I found out that my 2yo Stewie's second piece is NOT the one I thought it was hah. Darn back to the drawing board (aka spamming the vet button)
Last edited by Nena Olson 10 years ago, edited 2 times in total.
✧.* SIM Artist ੈ✩‧₊˚
J K Rowling
Eclipse Champion

Post by J K Rowling »

The Steward wrote:There may be little tweaks here and there, but our efforts are going to focus 100% on creating SIM 6.0 to launch in March 2015 (at the start of Year 41). The list of stuff to make/add/change for this is wildly extensive, it is going to be all hands on deck for a long time! We hope you'll eagerly anticipate this launch with us. Happy racing!
Now that's exciting!
"The way I look at it, I'm not meeting anyone better than Julie K... so what am I missing?"

The Sim: Where the horses are made up and cheating doesn't matter.
Nena Olson
Hall of Fame

Post by Nena Olson »

I also found that http://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php?HorseID=444761 has a vet second piece (tt + vet piece). Im sort of speechless. I would have put money on it being blinkers because the work is so much faster. She has been vetted 40+ times and I just guessed to work her on hb cus that was her second fastest work but still it didnt come close to the b work. Now I am annoyed.
✧.* SIM Artist ੈ✩‧₊˚
Andrew James
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Andrew James »

This update concludes game updates for a long time. There may be little tweaks here and there, but our efforts are going to focus 100% on creating SIM 6.0 to launch in March 2015 (at the start of Year 41). The list of stuff to make/add/change for this is wildly extensive, it is going to be all hands on deck for a long time! We hope you'll eagerly anticipate this launch with us. Happy racing!
Wow, looking forward to this, let me know if you need any help.
AJR SC Winners: Karsa, Can't Reconcile, The Reckoners, Amsterdam, Forge of Darkness, Nightchill, The Wheel of Time
Rafa Usoz
Classic Contender

Post by Rafa Usoz »

Same here Nena, I have two horses that have given me the vet piece (I can´t help you with that), but near 40 vets and no piece given:(
Quilombo - Turf Sprinter 35.000 $
Nations Pride- Turf Sprinter/AW Sprinter 35.000 $
Rajselam - Turf Sprinter 25.000 $
Quiebro - Turf Sprinter 19.000 $
Sahabudeen - Arabian Sprinter 35.000 $
Soussyy - Arabian Router 35.000 $
Josh Lamp I
Hall of Fame

Post by Josh Lamp I »

We need a new vet, Dr. Hack sucks, i'm wasting tens of thousands on vet checks and getting nothing after the AT says she can't help me with the second piece.
Last edited by Josh Lamp I 10 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Don't post anything, it might upset someone.
Nena Olson
Hall of Fame

Post by Nena Olson »

Agreed. Dr. Hack and I are not on speaking turns. The jerk refuses to do his side of the work for my vet horses.
✧.* SIM Artist ੈ✩‧₊˚
Alysse Peverell
Hall of Fame

Post by Alysse Peverell »

^^^
Xander Zone
Hall of Fame

Post by Xander Zone »

See me I would have u waited cause I feel like a the 50 not kidding I checked this week make me want to puke now!
Laura Ferguson
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Ferguson »

Ok - I had written off the vet pieces as the second piece of equipment for Anorak after vetting him 47 times between the time I purchased him and today. Now that I know his second piece of equipment is a vet piece, I have vetted him on and off this afternoon, alone and in combination with other horses, another 38 times. Still no dice. I even checked a horse that I knew had a vet piece as the second piece, just to make sure the comment was correct and that I am stuck checking with the vet until he coughs it up for Anorak. I'm fairly certain that 85 times and counting is a record for me.
Louise Bayou
Hall of Fame

Post by Louise Bayou »

I find it hard to believe that blinkers are not http://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php?HorseID=472103 2nd piece!
“It’s like I’m driving a Mac truck with the speed of a Porsche and the brain of a rocket scientist,” Gary Stevens on Beholder
Nena Olson
Hall of Fame

Post by Nena Olson »

I have ANOTHER one who had blinkers as her guessed second piece (because gallop nor vet gave it up)

http://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php?HorseID=462951

2014-04-26 Trainer: 'The Sky's Awake' is a bit aggressive and is always fighting against the bit. I'd use a tongue tie. I think she needs one other piece of equipment too, but I don't think I can help you with that.

Is the blinker comment correct? I mean... I think it's a bit odd that the fastest works are blinker and yet it says it's a vet piece...
✧.* SIM Artist ੈ✩‧₊˚
Steph Lonhro
Hall of Fame

Post by Steph Lonhro »

I think we have a bit of a problem, I initially checked for equipment I was told tt and one other piece, so kept vetting and galloping and eventually on one gallop I was told ear muffs, so with this new feature I am seeing others talk about an issue with it not being the same or things have changed up so I rechecked and got told tt and that she couldn't help me with it in other words piece two is a vet piece

I present Blue Lake http://www.simhorseracing.com/horse.php?HorseID=510653

copying stuff from her notes:
2014-02-23 Trainer: 'Horse 1391833471' has trouble breathing while galloping. Have you tried a tongue tie? I think she needs one other piece of equipment too.
2014-03-05 Trainer: 'Blue Lake' is a very special animal. Wow, Blue Lake seems really nervous with all this activity. Maybe try some ear muffs?
2014-04-26 Trainer: 'Blue Lake' is a bit aggressive and is always fighting against the bit. I'd use a tongue tie. I think she needs one other piece of equipment too, but I don't think I can help you with that.

now I am confused is ear muffs now a vet piece? is she even correctly equiped?

I always thought the vet pieces were tt, lasix, bandages and that the gallop pieces were blinkers, f8, shadow roll, no whip and ear muffs?
Selati(dirt miler) $15k NY
Lani(unspecified type) $30k in NY
Lead the Crowd(turf miler) $15k NY