A SIM Update and Note From the Steward

Any information from the Steward
Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Nena Olson
Hall of Fame

Re: A SIM Update and Note From the Steward

Post by Nena Olson »

I thought maybe blinkers were coded wrong but I just checked Apparate who was given blinkers as her gallop piece

2014-02-23 Trainer: 'Horse 1389547988' is scared of her own shadow! Maybe a shadow roll would work? I think she needs one other piece of equipment too.
2014-03-07 Trainer: 'Horse 1389547988' is a very special animal. Horse 1389547988 is always looking around on the track. Blinkers would be a good solution.

2014-04-26 Trainer: 'Apparate' is scared of her own shadow! Maybe a shadow roll would work? I think she needs one other piece of equipment too, but I will have to observe this horse in training to try to figure it out.

----

And this guy, This Golden Glow, was confirmed bandages + no whip..

2013-11-08 Trainer: 'Horse 1379360707' ducked out hard when the rider went to the left-hand stick. It's too risky, you should probably lose the whip. I think he needs one other piece of equipment too.
2013-11-08 Vet: Your horse's legs look fine for now. I'd avoid too much shipping with this horse right now, it seems kind of tired. Have you ever noticed that Horse 1379360707 is sore in the morning? Maybe try some bandages.

2014-04-26 Trainer: 'This Golden Glow' ducked out hard when the rider went to the left-hand stick. It's too risky, you should probably lose the whip. I think he needs one other piece of equipment too, but I will have to observe this horse in training to try to figure it out.
Last edited by Nena Olson 10 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
✧.* SIM Artist ੈ✩‧₊˚
Alleyne Torres
Grade 3 Winner

Post by Alleyne Torres »

Man why do people have to spend sim money and real money to troubleshoot this?
Paint Stallions Standing. Horses for Sale. Feel free to PM me about gallop/bs/foal comments of my sale horses.
Laura Ferguson
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Ferguson »

Steph -

I just checked a horse who I know the second piece of equipment is ear muffs, and I got the I will have to observe the horse comment. So, my guess is that her second piece of equipment, despite her workout times to the contrary, is not ear muffs.
Steph Lonhro
Hall of Fame

Post by Steph Lonhro »

thanks for the reply but I am having trouble believing that, since I gallop and vet til I get piece 2 and I was told by the gallop lady on march 5th that piece 2 was ear muffs, and I don't work til I have both pieces unless I am told by the vet that piece 2 is bandages
Selati(dirt miler) $15k NY
Lani(unspecified type) $30k in NY
Lead the Crowd(turf miler) $15k NY
Tammy Stawicki
Hall of Fame

Post by Tammy Stawicki »

Alleyne Torres wrote:Man why do people have to spend sim money and real money to troubleshoot this?
No one is saying we have to use money to troubleshoot this. It seems a couple of people have gotten some weird results. It is possible that as this is a new feature there are unforseen bugs. Sure you could spend money and try to figure out what is going on, or you can do what I will do and say hmmm there seems to be a problem perhaps I should give the powers that be time to look into it and report on what is going on before wasting my money.

Also for those that are confused because the new feature is going against what you predicted from workouts one thing that has worried me about getting equipment from workout times is the fact that lots of factors influence workout times. In my horses with known equipment that are consistenly worked with the same equipment I see a fair range in times often larger then the range I see between the fastest and second fastest piece of equipment work in the horses that I don't know equipment for.

Here are those numbers for my 2yos all are turf milers (so 4 furlong turf works). All of these are only looking at works with identical equipment in every work.

Time difference between fastest and slowest - number of works
0.24 - 5 works
0.24 - 5 works
0.24 - 4 works
0.16 - 6 works
0.24 - 4 works
0.32 - 5 works
Turf Miler studs
Hempstead
Nonego
Omnsicience

Paint Sprinter studs
Jersey
Lecythus*

Paint Mid studs
Corona Wagon Train*
Jacinth
Komati*
Livewires Turnpike*

Discounts for stakes winners/producers
* = multidistance potential
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

We are working right now to understand what's going on. Don't worry, of course you will get refunds once we figure out if/what is broken.
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

We found the bug and fixed it - only 1/2 the horses would have failed (or a whole half if you want to look on the other side of the coin!) - now we are in the process of refunding all vets and equipment checks from today's date (including those from before this upload was made). Sorry about that - it was a SUPER weird bug involving odd numbers and not even numbers.
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Steph Lonhro
Hall of Fame

Post by Steph Lonhro »

thanks Em
Selati(dirt miler) $15k NY
Lani(unspecified type) $30k in NY
Lead the Crowd(turf miler) $15k NY
Nena Olson
Hall of Fame

Post by Nena Olson »

Thanks for looking into it, Em :)
✧.* SIM Artist ੈ✩‧₊˚
Laura Ferguson
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Ferguson »

Thank you!
Rafa Usoz
Classic Contender

Post by Rafa Usoz »

Many thanks Em !!
Quilombo - Turf Sprinter 35.000 $
Nations Pride- Turf Sprinter/AW Sprinter 35.000 $
Rajselam - Turf Sprinter 25.000 $
Quiebro - Turf Sprinter 19.000 $
Sahabudeen - Arabian Sprinter 35.000 $
Soussyy - Arabian Router 35.000 $
Mr. Lord Rich
Hall of Fame

Post by Mr. Lord Rich »

So any of the GP Equip check comments we received today, should we just disregard the comments given as they may not be accurate?
A CAVAL DONATO NON SI GUARDA IN BOCCA
Nena Olson
Hall of Fame

Post by Nena Olson »

Pete Vella wrote:So any of the GP Equip check comments we received today, should we just disregard the comments given as they may not be accurate?
It is fixed now. It was fixed after that last forum post that Em posted :)
✧.* SIM Artist ੈ✩‧₊˚
Laura Ferguson
Hall of Fame

Post by Laura Ferguson »

Pete

The incorrect comments were removed from the history page. So, if it is gone from the horse's history page, I would disregard.
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

Laura Ferguson wrote:Pete

The incorrect comments were removed from the history page. So, if it is gone from the horse's history page, I would disregard.
Actually I just removed Anorak's because you said you vetted him like 900 times and I didn't want to have to see that when I looked at him ;-) I'll do others on request, but we couldn't figure out a way to do them automagically! So yes, if you haven't asked for my help in removing it then the comments are 50% correct and 50% incorrect!