American Idol

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Sarah Chase
Hall of Fame

Post by Sarah Chase »

I swore I wouldn't watch this season, but I have not missed a single episode, due to the fact I've convinced myself if I miss a night, that will be the night someone is really fantastic.

I read online just now that Chris Daughtry gets eliminated tonight! (no spoiler warning since in everyone else's time zone, the results show already happened) YES. Thank GOODNESS. Everytime I saw him singing with a chain around his belt I wanted to rip it from his body and smack him in the face with it.

I really like Elliott, but he looks like a goat! I'm not sure if America will vote for him as the next American Idol. I have nothing against a goat/werewolf Idol, but I'm afraid for him.

I used to like Katherine a lot, but she's getting kind of shrill and screechy. Taylor, I think is a mediocre singer, not bad, but nothing spectacular.

I don't really like any of the finalists, actually. Who do you guys like?
Frayed - $75,000
Liveinthemoment - $25,000
Same - $10,000
It's Been Awhile - $10,000
Grindelwald - $10,000
Skywatching - $7,500
Ara Davies

Post by Ara Davies »

Steph and I are going to marry Taylor.

Other than that, I am absolutely devastated that Chris and his hotness are now gone. I really thought I was confused and heard Ryan wrong tonight since he delivered the blow so quickly. All the contestants looked stunned and I thought Paula was going to come up crying harder than she did after Elliott's performance a couple weeks ago.

Oh well, from what I hear Fuel still has their offer open (for Chris to be their new lead singer) so maybe he can do that after the tour is done. I still think he's going to have a great career since his voice and genre are really popular right now.
Dave Shields
Eclipse Champion

Post by Dave Shields »

I don't know how American Idol works, but maybe it is good for Chris to get off there now so he can actually do something. I am sure the Idol gets locked into whatever their contract dictates, and that can be a bad thing, especially for someone who has a great hard rockin voice. I don't have anything against past Idols or any styles of music. That said, I think what they have done under contract with FOX (or whoever owns them) is mediocre-blah-pop at best. Hopefully he will find a place with a guitar heavy rockin group, he definitely has a future there.

As for the others left, well Katherine looks just like someone Emily and I worked with, it is freaky. She has her good moments, but can blow it easily if she sings the wrong song. Has the best chance of winning if the "image" comes to play. Probably the easiest to have on the contract as well to sign what they want.

Elliot, while he can sing... there is something about his voice I just don't care for. I guess I just don't want to listen to so much vibrato in a voice. If he wins, that would be a first in a society that values looks so much more than actual talent. "Video killed the radio star"

Taylor, while he can also sing... just reminds me of a wedding singer or bar staple. Nothing too unique about his voice, which Elliot does have. He definitely has the funky white boy disease when he moves. I am not sure if he is more of a "rip-off" when it comes to dancing around like Joe */Ray Charles/etc. or he truly just has that style... suspect.

By the way, I have never really watched the show before watching some parts of this season. I watched it out of curiousity and to see if these people could actually sing. I tended to agree with Simon on most things I saw/heard. Paula was usually drunk or something, what's up with that?
The Steward
Hall of Fame

Post by The Steward »

Paula is often drunk. That's the real entertainment value in the show.
"There's no secret to training a good horse. It's a matter of being fortunate enough to get one."
"Funny how you often regret the stuff you didn't do more than the stuff you did do" - GG
Daryl Dennis

Post by Daryl Dennis »

Apparently, funky white boy disease is best demonstrated by some guy named Taylor from American Idol (white?), or Joe * (white, old and stoned), or Ray Charles (black and blind).

Poor Ray Charles, to be saddled by such an affliction. If only there was a cure for funky white boy disease. Eric, you better use your Princeton brain to find a cure for us.

Daryl
Steph Wilder
Derby Contender

Post by Steph Wilder »

Yes...it is true. Ara and I will become polygamists and marry Taylor Hicks.

I was really upset that Chris had to go this week, but I think the four that were left were all on very level ground. They're all going to make something of themselves if they don't become the "American Idol", so I don't feel bad for them.
Emily Mitchell
Hall of Fame

Post by Emily Mitchell »

I was unhappy to see Chris go but then again I don't feel too bad since I know he'll be successful anyway, especially if he joins Fuel.

I don't like Taylor. I don't like his dancing or his voice. I will not be happy if he wins.

But then again, I don't like any of the finalists that much. Chris was my favorite. Next is probably Katherine, but she goes from doing really great on one song to ruining the next one. And I like Elliot a little too.

So American Idol is blah to me this season.
RIVERSTONE FARM ~ Home of Champions ~ Farms in Kentucky, Germany, and Japan ~
Tammy Fox
Eclipse Champion

Post by Tammy Fox »

I will be honest and say I don't watch Idol but I will also say that my support is with my hometown boy Taylor. He is from my state so I will support him on that.
But like others have said it seems when thye win Idol their career isn't as good as it could be. I agree that the contract probably limits their career tremendously.
It is funny how over the past few years we have had 2 Alabama boys either win or make it to the top 2 so I hope Taylor continues that tradition and makes it to the top two on Idol.
Of course I will say I haven't heard much on Rueben since he won the competition. You do hear about Kelly Clarkson a lot but it seems the rest of the Idol winners tend to not be talked about much or disappear from the scene. Has the one that won the last Idol show down anything spectacular yet?
Lauren Haggerty
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Lauren Haggerty »

The last idol winner was Carrie Underwood. I heard a couple of weeks ago that she became the first female country singer to have three of her songs go platnium or something like that. So I'd say she did pretty well for herself, even with the contract.
LaDonna King
Eclipse Champion

Post by LaDonna King »

american idol is a joke..it's rigged. no way is chris the worst of the final 4. he can sing anything thrown his way, he's HOTTTTTT, he can sell out crowds...

elliot, he looks like a keebler elf, can't sing...sorry guys, but face it, all his songs sound the same. each and every week it's the same ole same ole with elliot. every other word he sings he has to make it a long drawn out stuttered word, it's old and boring. he never should have made it to the top 10.

kat, well she can sing...when it's a song of her element. otherwise she can't hit the notes and forgets the words...

taylor can sing, but he's not the best. i am with simon on him...he's a wedding singer. same ole song and dance each week. but at least he can sing. he forgets words too. i just can't see him selling out the concerts like i can see chris.

chris is the only one that i can see doing well and selling out each venue on a tour. maybe it is best for him and his career that he got the boot, however, i will never be convinced that he received the least amount of votes.
LaDonna King
Eclipse Champion

Post by LaDonna King »

tammy,
carrie, the last idol winner, has hit it bigtime in the country music world.
Steph Wilder
Derby Contender

Post by Steph Wilder »

Carrie is by far my favorite idol winner so far, and one of my favorite female artists. She's definitely hit it big with her songs topping the country charts, etc.
Ara Davies

Post by Ara Davies »

Have any of you heard Taylor's two pre-Idol CDs? He has a fantastic voice but unfortunately the kind of songs you have to sing on American Idol don't always suit him. When he's singing Bob Seger/Joe * type songs he's really excellent and I'd much rather listen to him than Chris's screaming, Elliot's R&B, or Kat's Cristina Aguilera-type oversinging.

I do love Chris and yes he's hot, but I'd much rather listen to Taylor any day since I prefer his voice and his type of music to any of the others'.