Equipment

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Melissa Mae
Hall of Fame

Equipment

Post by Melissa Mae »

I've always dabbled in chasers for the fun of it but have quite a few 4-year-olds this year and want to help them live up to whatever potential they may have. However, I suck at figuring out which equipment may be needed when looking at race comments. Is there any sort of guide on what equipment may fix which problem? Obviously part of it is luck, but I'm guessing it's like flat racing where part of it can at least give you equipment hints.
Regina Moore
Hall of Fame

Re: Equipment

Post by Regina Moore »

I can't help with running lines, as I've always been suspicious that they were ever that helpful, in the first place.

But I will point out that schooling over fences can give you the second piece, if it's a gallop piece. Of course, that's assuming the horse needs two pieces.

ETA: I vaguely remember that a long, long time ago, Em mentioned something about a shadow roll helping a horse that jumps awkwardly. But that's going back a lot of years, and I certainly don't remember the exact wording. So, take it with a grain of salt. For that matter, I've always wondered, after the equipment module was revamped in Year 30, if running lines even have any connection to equipment anymore.
Melissa Mae
Hall of Fame

Re: Equipment

Post by Melissa Mae »

For what it's worth on the "Do running lines help" thing, for my paints I have had success using them to find equipment but also need to see the running line more than one time to make a change.