The Awesome People of the SIM Contest

Forum rules
Do not to post anything abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, or sexually-orientated.
Do not post anything negative about any player.
No advertising other games.
The management reserves the right to delete or lock threads and messages at any time.
Read the complete SIM rules and legal information.
Cleo Patra
Hall of Fame

The Awesome People of the SIM Contest

Post by Cleo Patra »

So today I had the good luck of finding the next Fictionelle/Marmaduke type horse. To celebrate, and to pay my good luck forward, I'm giving away her first foal!

Meet the unnamed filly. She is a straight A cross, by the incomparable Just Victory. If you win this "contest" she is all yours to name and race and forever treasure.

What is this "contest" I speak of? I think an awesome filly should go to an awesome person AND I want to hear all about the positives happening in the SIM.

So....

I want everyone to NOMINATE someone they think deserves this horse. Reply to this thread with the following:
- State the player name of the person you wish to nominate
- Write a couple of sentences (or a paragraph or two!) about why you think they deserve a SIM career changing horse. I'm looking for people making a positive impact on the game. Did they help you out a lot as a newbie? Are they always supporting initiatives like the Gelding World Cup? Did you have a real life drama and this person stepped up to the plate to keep your SIM ship sailing smoothly? There are a million nice things happening in this game right now. This contest is your chance to show that off!

My only rule is that you please, please respect the spirit of this contest. Keep it light and positive. This thread will be unashamably a happy, happy, joy, joy thread :wink:

All of the nominations will go into a random draw. The winner will receive the filly!

You may nominate as many people as you like, so long as you justify them all :D The same person can also be nominated by multiple people, but they will only get one entry in the draw.

We'll keep this one short and sweet. Nominations will close at post time on Derby night! That means you have 2 days 22 hrs.

Spread the happy everyone! GO!
Last edited by Cleo Patra 9 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
AT STUD
TR... DAY TO DAY | FIRST CLASS | MEGAPIXELS | MIJO | VALAR | WILDNESS
Future Sires... CINEMA (Y69 or 70) | TRAILBLAZING (Y68 or 69)
Rebecca Rose Hepburn
Hall of Fame

Re: The Awesome People of the SIM Contest

Post by Rebecca Rose Hepburn »

This is so cool! Thank you Cleo!
A horse is the projection of peoples' dreams about themselves - strong, powerful, beautiful - and it has the capability of giving us escape from our mundane existence.- Pam Brown
Kyasuriin Matsumoto
Hall of Fame

Post by Kyasuriin Matsumoto »

Too bad you can't enter your own contest, because I would totally nominate you for your awesomeness that is this contest. ;) Good luck to all!
Gateway Farms
Mr. Lord Rich
Hall of Fame

Post by Mr. Lord Rich »

I nominate Jack Meyer.

Jack has always been a very positive influance in the sim and is always willing to help new players out.

He was actually the first player to reach out to me when i first joined the sim and even though he had only been in the game 1 month, he offered me all kinds of tips snd advice.

I am sure i would have eventually figured this game out without Jack's help, but he definately helped contribute to my success.

Thanks for all the help Jack and good luck.

Thank you Cleo as well. Very kind gesture.
A CAVAL DONATO NON SI GUARDA IN BOCCA
Jack Meyer
Eclipse Champion

Post by Jack Meyer »

Pete,

Thank you so very much for the kind words...and there is no doubt you would have figured this game out....you're an awesome person

Jack
My Sires:
DR -Mr.White Socks - 50,000
Appy Sprinter- Wings Of Inferno - 15,000
Appy Sprinter - Chain Of Thorns - 7,500
Appy Miler - Chasing Dragons - 15,000
Garret Folsom
Hall of Fame

Post by Garret Folsom »

Copy and Paste everything that Pete said, except Jack only started a week before me.

Very helpful, and always friendly.
Carole Hanson
Hall of Fame

Post by Carole Hanson »

I would like to nominate Norman Architecture. He has always been such a massive help to me, giving me valuable advice as well plenty of horses that keep me going such as Looking for Clues and Christmas Trees! He is also super nice and he's always willing to help out! Plus With Kind Regards is a really awesome horse and Norman did a great job with him. Ooh, just to add, I'm sure our whole team would agree that during the SIMlympics, Norman was super valuable and always active!

On a side note, thanks for the contest Cleo :)
Lisa Strummer
Hall of Fame

Post by Lisa Strummer »

There are a lot of people I would nominate for this contest, but if I have to pick one it would be Kris Bobby (formerly Ricky Robby). She is one of the sweetest people in the sim.

She has purchased countless surprise headshots for people and when she gave Silent Film Star to Jolene to campaign on the track, because I run Jolene's barn, she let BOTH Jolene and I have a foal from the mare when she retired to the shed. Very generous and kind.
That's my new motto: Don't quit, just shut up.-Bryan Doolittle
Sten Rino Haakonsen
Eclipse Champion

Post by Sten Rino Haakonsen »

I have to agree with the Fact that Jack Meyer totally deserves this nomination .
Without his help I would probably not be playing still

That being said I would also like to use this oportunity to nominate Pete Vella who is another of the reasons I still play this game.
Jon Snyder
Classic Contender

Post by Jon Snyder »

I would like to nominate Izzy Rafferty. She was my assigned mentor when I started back in Y36. She took the time to introduce me to some of the basics of the SIM before I even asked which got me going. Over the past calendar year she has answered each of my questions big or small, with the same insight, kindness and patience that she showed in that initial message. Without her guidance I know I would not still be actively playing.
Louise Bayou
Hall of Fame

Post by Louise Bayou »

I nominate "my" newbies Pete Vella, Rocki Ryoliza and Jack Meyers. They are all awesome and completely addicted to the Sim(I'm so proud!). They took to the Sim in a great way, learned very well and made me super proud of them!

Oh and Pete is a very good bet maker and drink getter! ;) Right Izzy?
“It’s like I’m driving a Mac truck with the speed of a Porsche and the brain of a rocket scientist,” Gary Stevens on Beholder
Nini Panini
Eclipse Champion

Post by Nini Panini »

Cleo, this was super awesome of you to do. I'm glad she ended up with you, and I hope she gives you fast babies!

Anyway, I'd like to nominate Scott Eiland. He's a great guy, always open to giving me advice when I ask him for it, picks up my spirits when I'm not feeling that great, and listens to my rants about my real life problems and helps me get through them. He has also contributed to the game in a big way by recording his Hold All Tickets Podcast, which is AWESOME and everyone should go listen to it if they already haven't. One of the greatest people I've met on the sim.
"How do you describe perfection? Why try, let's just watch her run!"
Bradley Davis
Eclipse Champion

Post by Bradley Davis »

My nomination is Carolyn Eaton.

Carolyn runs the mentor program which so many players have found to be a major factor in their sticking with the game. She also sponsors an extensive Texas-bred program for thoroughbreds which has produced a number of nice little stakes wins for me.
Jack Meyer
Eclipse Champion

Post by Jack Meyer »

Awww......thank you all so much for the warm and kind words....it really wouldn't be the experience it is without each and every one of you....thank you...thank you....thank you

Jack
My Sires:
DR -Mr.White Socks - 50,000
Appy Sprinter- Wings Of Inferno - 15,000
Appy Sprinter - Chain Of Thorns - 7,500
Appy Miler - Chasing Dragons - 15,000
Tom Lin
Grade 1 Winner

Post by Tom Lin »

I would like to nominate Regina Moore. She truly cares about the newbies and their success/enjoyment in the SIM. She is such an incredibly valuable resource through her extensive catalogue of articles as well as always being forthcoming with pm's which provide insight and support for any who ask.